PDA

View Full Version : 7-18 Grizz

SHAKER
03-14-2011, 06:43 PM
Pulled a tag for 7-18 this year!:twisted: been about 15 years since I've been to the area.....I've talked to a bunch of members about this area and feel pretty good about things but if anyone has some helpfull advice I'd be more then willing to listen. I'll definatlly trade your for any info you might need if I know about it. Pm's are fine just don't know how many more kicks at the old Grizz cat I'm going to get!

moosinaround
03-14-2011, 06:47 PM
Pulled a tag for 7-18 this year!:twisted: been about 15 years since I've been to the area.....I've talked to a bunch of members about this area and feel pretty good about things but if anyone has some helpfull advice I'd be more then willing to listen. I'll definatlly trade your for any info you might need if I know about it. Pm's are fine just don't know how many more kicks at the old Grizz cat I'm going to get!
From what I have heard from some buddies, it is a very rough ride in there the last few years. Most cuts will be 4+ years old, and not sure what access is like over the secondary bridges off of spurs?? Take everything you need with ya, cause a quick trip to town is not quick anymore!! Good hunting to you, it is a grizz sanctuary out there! Moosin

BCrams
03-14-2011, 07:26 PM
2 buddies of mine have that draw this year too! I might tag along as a packer and moral support.

SHAKER
03-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Very cool...... hope to meet you out there. I had a moose draw back about 15 years ago so I'm sure lots has changed but very happy to get back into that area and just maybe find o'l long claw this time.

Don't worry about the pack'n everything Moose'n...... We got a turkey and a spring bear hound hunt before this one, should have everything ironed out by the time we make our tour up there.

swampthing
03-16-2011, 06:44 PM
Ya shaker, I forgot to tell you about the rough rd into the pass lk access. I did tie rods and ball joints after my 8 or 9 trips in and out.

sako7mm
03-16-2011, 08:42 PM
I bounced (litterally) into there once last year, the road is very rough and slow going. You can only hope that they are planning on pulling out some logs so the road gets graded.

jml11
03-16-2011, 09:44 PM
I bounced (litterally) into there once last year, the road is very rough and slow going. You can only hope that they are planning on pulling out some logs so the road gets graded.

Won't be happening any time soon...the Ministry of Forests has recently said they won't approve spruce permits for the next five years in the PG Forest District...still want to push beetle wood...not sure there is enough viable wood left to sustain that...also doesn't seem the best for biodiversity, kinda like telling all the hunters they can only hunt one Region for 5 years and stay out of the rest...but this is a topic for another thread...not meant to hijack!

Too bad, the local licencees were gearing up to head back into the eastline and have to turn a 180 now. Perhaps with a new Forestry Minister as of Monday this will all change again...

The pass lake road is very slow going with all the potholes and washboard...not the only road into 7-18 though.