PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Grizzly Hunting on the central coast

cburgess
03-13-2011, 10:53 PM
I have few questions regarding grizzly hunting on the coast, (particularly the great bear rainforest) and was hoping someone could offer some insight as I've never been to this area before.
First off, does anyone know some good hunting outfitters in this area that offer good rates & hunts?
I've heard that grizzly hunting in this area is often better than in the interior, true? pros cons of GBR vs. other areas in BC...?
really appreciate any info on this,
Thanks!

Gateholio
03-13-2011, 10:59 PM
Where exactly is the "great bear rainforest?" I've never seen that on an official map???
:confused:

Kyle84
03-13-2011, 11:04 PM
@Gatehouse
Ask David Suzuki?

Trapper D
03-13-2011, 11:13 PM
givin me the ebgbs

Will
03-13-2011, 11:28 PM
..................:rolleyes:

Gateholio
03-13-2011, 11:30 PM
You can email GOABC and see if they have any outfitters in the GRBF

The Dawg
03-13-2011, 11:35 PM
Troll?......

Weatherby Fan
03-13-2011, 11:42 PM
OK I stand corrected the GBRF covers most of our coast from Stewart down to about Campbell River and inland.:confused:

BCbillies
03-13-2011, 11:46 PM
Thanks to the "GBRF" and "Spirit Bear" we can no longer grizz hunt in that area (around Princes Royal) and don't think you can either. Still one LEH tag in the northern part of zone 6-03 and likely one for the guide (Bolen & Lewis) also. Can go with Coast Mountain Outfitters to the north as he has a few bears in his area and the largest grizz allocation in the Province!

Gateholio
03-13-2011, 11:47 PM
OK I stand corrected the GBRF covers most of our coast from Stewart down to about Campbell River and inland.:confused:

When I see that on an official map I will agree that a GBRF exists.

Until then, it's just a name made up by anti hunting groups to try to curtail hunting in the area.

I've never heard a legitimate hunter use the term "GBRF"

That is my point.

Will
03-13-2011, 11:49 PM
IIRC the Great Bear Rainforest is the entire coast of BC from Van Isle to Alaska. A great political name that generated huge dollars from the antis to support "Protecting" these areas.

Bring your Chequebook......GO hunts for Coastal Brownies aren't cheap, there are NO "good rates" here or Alaska:wink:

If your a BC resident apply for an LEH and well.....wait the rest of your life for a chance:-D

Weatherby Fan
03-13-2011, 11:58 PM
When I see that on an official map I will agree that a GBRF exists.

Until then, it's just a name made up by anti hunting groups to try to curtail hunting in the area.

I've never heard a legitimate hunter use the term "GBRF"

That is my point.

Yes Gatehouse
this naive grasshopper is learning more daily :wink:
WF

BCbillies
03-13-2011, 11:58 PM
I've never heard a legitimate hunter use the term "GBRF".

x2 . . . or he is a foreigner!

Whonnock Boy
03-14-2011, 12:06 AM
All may not be lost. A gentleman by the name of Alex Mota may have a spot available for you. Might even be able to get you one of them "Great Bears" the "Rain Forest" is named after as well as a grizzly. I hear his prices are reasonable. Worth checking out.

Kyle84
03-14-2011, 12:09 AM
lol whonnock boy :p

yunn
03-14-2011, 12:33 AM
I have few questions regarding grizzly hunting on the coast, (particularly the great bear rainforest) and was hoping someone could offer some insight as I've never been to this area before.
First off, does anyone know some good hunting outfitters in this area that offer good rates & hunts?
I've heard that grizzly hunting in this area is often better than in the interior, true? pros cons of GBR vs. other areas in BC...?
really appreciate any info on this,
Thanks!
---------------------------------------
replica louis vuitton (http://www.louisvuittonsprzedaz-sklep.net/replika-louis-vuitton-online.html)
louis vuitton (http://www.louisvuittonsprzedaz-sklep.net/tanie-replika-louis-vuitton.html)

srupp
03-14-2011, 10:22 AM
hmmm there are good guides on the coast and they charge a ridiculous $$$$ however you should see bears...,,

The coast has SPECIAL advantages of hunting bear there many MORE BEARS, BIGGER BEARS, bigger skulls for record ranking,,higher concentrations, arguably better tolerent of each other and man, with one exception and that valley is probably not a good idea to sleep onshore in a tent...:neutral:...

The hunting is more defined and bears move over 40 kilometers for the food resources...hence the bears do come to you..

Been on 16 coastal rivers seeing grizzlies over 30 years...:mrgreen: wonderful experiences each and every one..best day over 20 grizzlies in 1 day

On the minus side the hides are predictably shorter hair with the very exceptional one being black ..and these seem to be genetically bigger..at leats 100% of the ones Ive personally seen have been..each one has been a TANK..biggest bear Ive seen would square 10 feet...biggest Ive been priveleged to be in on squared over 9'

Prettiest bear was Robs bear ..he actually harvested a silvertip-blond bear on the coast...a beautiful bear...

Nothing like catching some fresh prawns,, some halibut and crabs..having a big seafood supper after a day of watching coastal grizzly after coastal grizzly waiting for THE PERFECT BEAR..then to drift off to sleep rocked gently by the ocean tides currents and waves..

cheers

Steven:mrgreen:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/P10100820001.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/P10100380001.jpg

sneg
03-16-2011, 07:30 PM
srupp
that 's nice
i guess due to access that place does not see too much hunting pressure.
what people usually do stay with boat and go for day trip or make dropp off camps ashore ?

BiG Boar
03-16-2011, 07:37 PM
Nice pictures srupp. I've always wanted to do a trip like that :)