PDA

View Full Version : Dease Lake moose

youngfellla
07-16-2006, 10:57 AM
Anyone hunted the Dease Lake area for moose? A few buddies of mine want to go up there for moose (I may tag along too;-) ) and are looking for some info on the area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

slyfox
07-16-2006, 11:10 AM
Youngfella thats were i was this spring for my grizz hunt there are moose every.I also have friends that hunt up there every year for moose and do get moose every year and cariboo so dont go up with out a cariboo tag some monsters up there and goats to.I think the road they take is jay bolder road it about 2 0r 3 km before dease lake town the road goes about 100 kms in to the bush thats what i have heard it a ruff road you will need quads and some big balls to make it to the end but lots of game good luck.

youngfellla
07-16-2006, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the help Slyfox, much appreciated. Getting into some Caribou up there would be pretty nice:-)

ux4it
07-17-2006, 12:52 AM
Hi Youngfella,
I had the pleasure of going on a moose hunt in the spatzizi a few years ago. We travelled up the stikine river(just south of dease lake), up into the pitman river. We all managed to get our moose on that trip. IT is very beautiful country, I am envious of you going up there. One thing I can say, there are some big ass moose in that part of the woods.
Enjoy!

jackson13
07-18-2006, 08:34 AM
What type of vehicles will you be using? Send me a pm and I will hook you up with some detailed info on the area. I lived in Dease for two years.