PDA

View Full Version : Old wise tails

fearnodeer
03-12-2011, 06:53 PM
A friend of mine years ago told me that if you put alluminum pie plates down in an area you are hunting once an animal steps into it they will not move because they are not use it. I was just woundering if any of you had some good old wise tails to tell even if they are true.

Ambush
03-12-2011, 07:09 PM
if any of you had some good old wise tails to tell even if they are true.
The saying is " old wives tales".

How to catch a pheasant; Make a hole in the ground big enough to loosely hold a pointed ice-cream cone. Put honey inside the top edge of the cone and place it in the hole. Make a little trail of grain to the cone and drop some inside. When the pheasant puts his head down into the cone to get the last bit, the honey will stick to his feathers and his head will be covered rendering him blind and helpless. He'll be sitting there waiting for you.
Works for deer to, but you need really big cones.

OR:
Put twelve inches of 6" stove pipe into the ground at a 45 degree angle and bait up to and in the pipe. The bird will try to get the grain from the bottom. Once his feet are inside he won't be able to back up because the pipe is too slippery and he can't flop because his wings are pinned. And he can't turn around.

Use a seven foot long by thirty-six inch pipe for bears. Un-loading the bear trap can be problematic.

mark
03-12-2011, 07:34 PM
How to catch an elephant.....dig a big hole....light a huge fire in it, let it burn out....make a long line of peanuts leading up to the hole....when the elephant feeds to the end of the peanuts........you jump out, and kick him in the ash-hole! :mrgreen:

steel_ram
03-12-2011, 07:42 PM
How to catch an elephant.....dig a big hole....light a huge fire in it, let it burn out....make a long line of peanuts leading up to the hole....when the elephant feeds to the end of the peanuts........you jump out, and kick him in the ash-hole! :mrgreen:

But there'll already be a rhino in the hole. They're attracted to fire.

knighthunter
03-12-2011, 08:23 PM
A friend of mine years ago told me that if you put alluminum pie plates down in an area you are hunting once an animal steps into it they will not move because they are not use it. I was just woundering if any of you had some good old wise tails to tell even if they are true.

I think this might work if the pie was still in the plates. I wonder what would be best? Punkin or lemon?

elkdom
03-12-2011, 08:31 PM
if your out in woods and your are having a leak by a tree ? always make sure you have a sharp hunting knife with you at all times,,

cause if a BIG deer runs past you,,,,you will wanna "cut it short" and get off a quick shot!

CanuckShooter
03-12-2011, 08:39 PM
if your out in woods and your are having a leak by a tree ? always make sure you have a sharp hunting knife with you at all times,,

cause if a BIG deer runs past you,,,,you will wanna "cut it short" and get off a quick shot!

Good one....:mrgreen:

knighthunter
03-12-2011, 08:51 PM
I changed my mind, so I deleted my post.

hunter1947
03-13-2011, 03:19 AM
Never get married only live together if you split there is less paper work to do..:wink: