PDA

View Full Version : how many of your freinds hate this site???????

tankster
03-11-2011, 02:19 PM
i know alot of people where i live and i would say alot of the hard core hunters know about it and alot hate the idea of it.. its funny actully but i gaurentee alot are on here with fake names and such

Tenacious Billy
03-11-2011, 02:21 PM
i know alot of people where i live and i would say alot of the hard core hunters know about it and alot hate the idea of it.. its funny actully but i gaurentee alot are on here with fake names and such

Is your "real" name Tankster??....what a stupid thread.

The Dawg
03-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Been said mannnnnny times before on mannnnnnnnnnny different threads.

You dont like it. Leave.

elkdom
03-11-2011, 02:23 PM

you could spend some of your spare time, taking a night school coarse to improve your "spelling and grammar" !, :mrgreen:

The Dawg
03-11-2011, 02:24 PM
you could spend some of your spare time, taking a night school coarse to improve your "spelling and grammar" !, :mrgreen:

Its course :)

BlacktailStalker
03-11-2011, 02:24 PM

Course ? :lol:

elkdom
03-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Course ? :lol:

it should have been CORES ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:wink:

frenchbar

i would think they hate it for all the info on spots to hunk elk which they think are ALL theirs..nimbys... anyways:mrgreen:

BiG Boar
I dont think tankster is saying this in a negative way, the way some of you are taking it. What I think he means to say is that a lot of guys he meets say this site is a bunch of wanna be's and losers. Not real hunters. And basically are saying I would never post on that site. Yet a lot of these same hunters frequent the site under an alias or just creep on it. I know a few of them.

Kody94
03-11-2011, 02:30 PM
I'm always surprised at the number of people that I know that are not "contributing members" (ie. have never posted) but are quite up-to-speed with the goings on here. Lots of lurkers!

There is quite a range of ways that people use this site, and its a bit like an iceberg methinks (more going on where you can't see it, than where you can).

tankster
03-11-2011, 02:31 PM
I dont think tankster is saying this in a negative way, the way some of you are taking it. What I think he means to say is that a lot of guys he meets say this site is a bunch of wanna be's and losers. Not real hunters. And basically are saying I would never post on that site. Yet a lot of these same hunters frequent the site under an alias or just creep on it. I know a few of them.

dont get me wrong i like this site lots of good stuff and people who are passionate about hunting like me... im talking about the know it all hard cores that are upset because all there areas they hunt are being told on here

shallowH2O
03-11-2011, 02:32 PM
i think the tankster might have been into the whobbly pops a bit early today

eastkoot
03-11-2011, 02:34 PM
I'm thinking DINKSTER:confused:

03-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Felenig knid of lkie a hroent in a nset
and Tankster is a fvie yser old wtih a bag of mrsbles and a silng soht.

Gateholio
03-11-2011, 02:41 PM

i would think they hate it for all the info on spots to hunk elk which they think are ALL theirs..nimbys... anyways:mrgreen:

I'm always surprised at the number of people that I know that are not "contributing members" (ie. have never posted) but are quite up-to-speed with the goings on here. Lots of lurkers!

There is quite a range of ways that people use this site, and its a bit like an iceberg methinks (more going on where you can't see it, than where you can).

dont get me wrong i like this site lots of good stuff and people who are passionate about hunting like me... im talking about the know it all hard cores that are upset because all there areas they hunt are being told on here

Yup, on all counts.....
:-D

I've had people that have been members for a few years but never posted PM me to try to get me to delete threads because of talking about "their" hunting areas.
:-D

Also, there are many, many lurkers on HBC. Actually, some of the most frequent lurkers are the guys that loudly proclaim "This place sucks, I'm outta here" but are back every single day, for hours at a time.:-D

GoatGuy
03-11-2011, 02:42 PM

This is just a shot in the dark, but I'm guessing you live near Cranbrook?

Gateholio
03-11-2011, 02:44 PM
This is just a shot in the dark, but I'm guessing you live near Cranbrook?

Not sure where tankster is from, but that is pretty funny....

Definitely have had a number PM's from lurkers from Cranbrook area about deleting threads that have "too much info":tongue:

bforce750
03-11-2011, 02:46 PM

Definitely have had a number PM's from lurkers from Cranbrook area about deleting threads that have "too much info":tongue:

Who .......:-D ? I think you meant Clearwater:-D

Trapper D
03-11-2011, 02:52 PM
yup, should be aware on what your saying on forums , this is all on the open web never mind members. you might want to be careful about first amendment violations as well. Just ask courtney love. you may think that what you say cant be used against you, but that would be wrong.

tankster
03-11-2011, 02:53 PM
yup, should be aware on what your saying on forums , this is all on the open web never mind members. you might want to be careful about first amendment violations as well. Just ask courtney love. you may think that what you say cant be used against you, but that would be wrong.

what are you talking about... you guys get way too deep into things..

maby you should try splunking

GoatGuy
03-11-2011, 02:54 PM

Shocked!! :twisted:

"There's something in the water."

Wait until you get a couple of the people from west of there bugging once the WK elk threads start popping up.

They put crazy in the water.

GoatGuy
03-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Please do not associate this doofus to anyone in the Cranbrook or for that matter EK real estate area. Just creeps me out to be near this dude..

Not the whole EK, but you gotta admit Crazybrook is a real special place when it comes to hunting and hunters.

sawmill
03-11-2011, 03:02 PM
So Tankster,what was your handle before you re-joined this site 2 months ago?Your B.S. sounds familiar.

eastkoot
03-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Ya, Crazybrook is far enough I guess I won't be "affected".

tankster
03-11-2011, 03:05 PM
i think this is a fair statement im not trying to be funny or rude ... just wondering what your experinces are.. yess people around cranbrook are very protective about there area.... is it the same anywhere else?? northern b.c???

hunter1947
03-11-2011, 03:06 PM

I guess I am one of them :mrgreen:..

GoatGuy
03-11-2011, 03:10 PM
i think this is a fair statement im not trying to be funny or rude ... just wondering what your experinces are.. yess people around cranbrook are very protective about there area.... is it the same anywhere else?? northern b.c???

By and large, no, Crazybrook is city attitude in the country.

You get that in Castlegar, Trail and Fruitvale as well. Some of those guys would run their own mother over if she told their buddies where they hunt. Who know maybe they learned something last year. Elk season was hard on them. Too selfish to realize hunting with 3 or 4 guys for elk is way more successful than hunting by yourself. Instead of getting a couple bulls most of them all got NOTHING. hahahaha, so decadent.

Barracuda
03-11-2011, 03:13 PM
yup i know of several on here that pretend they are not simply because the way they act would be frowned upon by many hunters:lol:

frenchbar
03-11-2011, 03:18 PM
stoneslinger must really be loved by the nimbys in the koots:lol::lol:

GoatGuy
03-11-2011, 03:19 PM
stoneslinger must really be loved by the nimbys in the koots:lol::lol:

that guy was awesome.

frenchbar
03-11-2011, 03:21 PM
that guy was awesome.

sadly missed..im sure hes lurking:)

KB90
03-11-2011, 03:25 PM
that guy was awesome.

:-D he sure was

srupp
03-11-2011, 03:52 PM
hmmmm lol was in Kamloops for surgery, yes again..and went into a store and the salesman said"" I know you from somewhere " and then asked if I was from Williams Lake.. sheesh...Yes I admit I am that adult entertainer..

he knew I frequented this site....

that happens on a regular basis...

this is a great site...and as for the east Kootenays...from all the maps Im looking over it sure looks like a BIG beautiful area..

cheers
Steven

GoatGuy
03-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Too funny! A C.O told me there were more than a couple fights breaking out on opening day from the nimby "turf wars". Definitely a few more budweiser cans in the ditch as well...

I'm sure they are putting something in the spaghetti over here :-D

Heard a couple of the locals blocked one of the roads with their camp but made one small mistake. Put their vehicles on the traffic side of the road so they had no wheels to access miles of their 'exclusive' roads.

HAHAHA.

From what I understand it's always been like that over there. Just so decadent.

Don_Abbate
03-11-2011, 04:28 PM
whats not to love about this site if you truly love hunting and are passionate about it why wouldnt you want to talk about it and view other peoples pictures and storys. I LOVE THIS SITE

bforce750
03-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Heard a couple of the locals blocked one of the roads with their camp but made one small mistake. Put their vehicles on the traffic side of the road so they had no wheels to access miles of their 'exclusive' roads.

HAHAHA.

From what I understand it's always been like that over there. Just so

decadent.

If its the same group they weren't locals....they were out of towners.... "We have been hunting here for thirty years go find your own mountain" we just went on by as they yelled and screamed and told us we were un-ethical.

The Dawg
03-11-2011, 04:41 PM
If its the same group they weren't locals....they were out of towners.... "We have been hunting here for thirty years go find your own mountain"

There was a group like that in Chetwynd last year. Could be same guys.

bforce750
03-11-2011, 04:48 PM
[quote=bforce750;876939]If its the same group they weren't locals....they were out of towners.... "We have been hunting here for thirty years go find your own mountain" quote]

There were three different groups my friends and I ran into while bow hunting ,all out of towners. The only locals you have to worry about around here are the ones driving a 500.00 truck and have to go to the library to borrow the computer and post on this site.:-D

Jelvis
03-11-2011, 05:24 PM
I know some don't like the extra pressure in their once secret honey hole, now that the detailed information on how to get in there, then how to hunt it for what type of game and when is just too much for them to handle, some say it's loonatic to tell others on the web where to hunt in BC. The web they say is huge, dumbass. Then they rant on .. but they check the site when they see topics in their area.
J. Prassly ..................................... Suspicious Minds .................................................. ........

proguide66
03-11-2011, 05:30 PM
I dont have any freinds , this is why I'm ON THIS SITE !:-P

Phil
03-11-2011, 05:56 PM
.....none!!!

GoatGuy
03-11-2011, 06:10 PM
If its the same group they weren't locals....they were out of towners.... "We have been hunting here for thirty years go find your own mountain" we just went on by as they yelled and screamed and told us we were un-ethical.

They were locals, the COS knew them.

BCbillies
03-11-2011, 06:16 PM

We're much more relaxed up here . . . abundance of crown land, lots of game, lots of GOS, hardly see another hunter . . . pretty much live in harmony with everybody! :wink:

One of my hunting partners is from Cranbrook and he's told me a few stories of the goings on in the EK . . . sounds a little different from what I'm accustom to. One day I plan to venture down with the rifle for a looksee! :mrgreen:

btw - my local friends enjoy this site.

moosinaround
03-11-2011, 06:57 PM
I remember that Dawg, found some pretty good elk hunting ground as we drove in too!! That reminds me, I should google that area so we have a better idea of the lay of the land! Maybe stop into their camp for a coffee??!! Moosin

moosinaround
03-11-2011, 06:59 PM
We're much more relaxed up here . . . abundance of crown land, lots of game, lots of GOS, hardly see another hunter . . . pretty much live in harmony with everybody! :wink:

One of my hunting partners is from Cranbrook and he's told me a few stories of the goings on in the EK . . . sounds a little different from what I'm accustom to. One day I plan to venture down with the rifle for a looksee! :mrgreen:

I agree BC billies, Come on up tp the great white north!! I'll share the counrty with you! Might even take you out to a couple Moosey spots too!
Charge is just a good attitude and some beer! Moosin

bridger
03-11-2011, 07:10 PM
life is good in the centre of the universe. lots of game, lots of uncrowded places to hunt. lots of good guys. I am surprised that hardcore hunters would live anywhere but the peace! lol:-D

killman
03-11-2011, 07:23 PM
I dont have any freinds , this is why I'm ON THIS SITE !:-P

Have you ever really looked at the guys on here????

http://cardiovegsular.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/nerd-smiley1.jpg

Fisher-Dude
03-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Its course :)

It's it's. :tongue:

bearhunter338-06
03-11-2011, 08:16 PM
What would we do with out Bartell and Gatehouse, and Bearhunter338-06 is my real name.:mrgreen:

dana
03-11-2011, 08:18 PM
I have heard that I am the biggest A$$hole in Clearwater because I post pics here. Yet those people that think that are always checking to see what I post next. Funny how some people think your internet persona is the real you.:mrgreen::twisted:

TSW
03-11-2011, 08:18 PM
It's it's. :tongue:

Ha!!!!!!!!!!

GoatGuy
03-11-2011, 08:24 PM

You'll only run into a bunch of guys in the EK if you want to. Most of the ek is pretty quiet, just like the rest of BC.

BCbillies
03-11-2011, 11:02 PM
You'll only run into a bunch of guys in the EK if you want to. Most of the ek is pretty quiet, just like the rest of BC.

I don't want to . . . so I'm considering all options. Not interested in driving up a valley looking for rams through the spotter from the front seat of the truck along with eight other vehicles all doing the same thing.

The same thing happens in the north if you want it to . . . hence the :wink:!

Bear Chaser
03-11-2011, 11:17 PM
I am surprised that hardcore hunters would live anywhere but the peace! lol:-D

I think it has something do with the colder than -45 C weather I was working in last week. Or maybe it's the never ending snow. The wind definitely weeds out the weak ones also.:-D

Ogopogo
03-11-2011, 11:50 PM
Friends??????What are those, don't have any!!!!!I'm the only hunter out of all my buddies unfortunately, so I do all my hunting with my best friend..........my WIFE.

kishman
03-12-2011, 12:13 AM
Most of my friends like this site alot. They all hate me, but they really like the site:tongue:.

bruin
03-12-2011, 12:55 AM
I have met several people that lurk and never post. I think it has alot to do with not wanting to get chewed out for posting an opinion by the ethics police or the holier than thou crowd. Yeah its the interweb so toughen up, blah blah blah. We're probably missing out on some great knowledge for that reason but it is what it is. This is still a fantastic site and a great source of information for new and seasoned hunters.

GoatGuy
03-12-2011, 01:09 AM
I don't want to . . . so I'm considering all options. Not interested in driving up a valley looking for rams through the spotter from the front seat of the truck along with eight other vehicles all doing the same thing.

The same thing happens in the north if you want it to . . . hence the :wink:!

You mean the pullout a lil north of tatogga. Haha. There's only a few spots in the ek where it's like that.

You'll have fun in the ek, it's great country, lots of critters and few hunters.

BCbillies
03-12-2011, 12:48 PM
You mean the pullout a lil north of tatogga. Haha. There's only a few spots in the ek where it's like that.
You'll have fun in the ek, it's great country, lots of critters and few hunters.

Hmmm, that's where I've seen you before! :wink: Try spring grizz a little to the south . . . come up solo, bring a lawn chair and you'll have plenty of partners.

Looking forward to the EK, next year!

Goliath
03-12-2011, 03:46 PM
This is a fantastic site. Period. I enjoy the yakking.

If you're worried about your "secret spot" being revealed, then take a pill. Chances are it's not a perfect secret. The more you try to keep it secret, the more suspicious I'll be. :)

Stay sober and don't post precise details of who you are, where you hunt, when you're leaving, who's home while you're gone, where you're front door key is hidden etc.

Whatever you babble on the internet (AKA web) is forever. Keep your head about you, someone may be casing you out right now. It's not hard.

BromBones
03-12-2011, 03:57 PM
Try spring grizz a little to the south . . . come up solo, bring a lawn chair and you'll have plenty of partners.

We always get a good chuckle going past there. Surprised they haven't built a set of bleachers to accommodate everyone.:-D

GoatGuy
03-12-2011, 04:42 PM
Hmmm, that's where I've seen you before! :wink: Try spring grizz a little to the south . . . come up solo, bring a lawn chair and you'll have plenty of partners.

Looking forward to the EK, next year!

Haha the boys were telling me about it when I was on the Plateau.

fearnodeer
03-12-2011, 06:46 PM
It seems to me that you pissed a lot of other people of in your past and now they are getting some revenge.