PDA

View Full Version : Good freind of mine loosing his hunting licence

tankster
03-11-2011, 12:31 PM
have anyone on here lost there licence? a good freind of mine just got his taken away for 10 years. hes pretty upset. is there away he can appeal this? can he still come out with me? just not hunt

03-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Why did he get it taken away?
I dont wat to point out the obvious, nor do i want to sound harsh but. If it is for 10 years maybe he deserves it and shouldnt be out there.

PS: anybody know where i can find the popcorn eating emotocon? I think i need it.

bigshooter
03-11-2011, 12:48 PM
They don't just give out 10 year suspensions for basic mistakes we need to know the fine he is appealing.:confused:

BigfishCanada
03-11-2011, 12:50 PM
If hes out with you while hunting, stocking game, thats hunting isnt it? I find BC way to easy on poachers, so if your buddy lost his for 10 years, man he must of done something wrong huh?

if he was proven guilt from an offense, I would say did the crime now do your time! If it wasnt anything due to illegal hunting, I would say for sure I would appeal, appeal with every MP, Every gov official I could find!

Why did he loose it? What was the reason?

Gateholio
03-11-2011, 12:54 PM
have anyone on here lost there licence? a good freind of mine just got his taken away for 10 years. hes pretty upset. is there away he can appeal this? can he still come out with me? just not hunt

If your friend lost his HL for 10 years, he was convicted of doing something pretty bad, and I wouldn't want him within 100km of my camp when hunting. Go on a camping trip or go bowling with him.

tankster
03-11-2011, 12:57 PM
its honestly nothing that major. they are trying to prove a point with this one. its unfortunate and a huge misunderstanding. kind of a wrong place wrong time type deal

elkdom
03-11-2011, 12:57 PM
10 years pro-hib is pretty harsh :shock:!,,,,a sentence that harsh usually has a firearms pro-hib included,,,,:oops:

is your buddy still allowed to buy a fishing license ?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

03-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Wrong place+Wrong time+Wrong people= Bad decision
Unfortunatly this is the wrong place to find Sympathy.
It is located right between S##T ans Syiphilis in the dictionary.

Tenacious Billy
03-11-2011, 01:01 PM
its honestly nothing that major. they are trying to prove a point with this one. its unfortunate and a huge misunderstanding. kind of a wrong place wrong time type deal

Sounds like he should have retained better legal representation........:???:

GoatGuy
03-11-2011, 01:03 PM
This ought to be good. 0.02

d6dan
03-11-2011, 01:04 PM

Sounds like he has a History?. I for one would keep my distance (and firearms) away from him or at least til he clears up this mess.:-?

bforce750
03-11-2011, 01:05 PM
He didn't think the gun was loaded at the time......honest

03-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Wrong place+Wrong time+Wrong people= Bad decision
Unfortunatly this is the wrong place to find Sympathy.
It is located right between S##T ans Syiphilis in the dictionary.

Why not tell us what happened? Maybe you'll elicit more sympathy by stating the facts, rather than leaving it to our imaginations?

Ozone
In BC you dont get 10yrs for murder, so whatever he did is quite bad. Perhaps he should do his time in jail.

frenchbar
more info would help with the responses........maybe:mrgreen:

03-11-2011, 01:09 PM
Why not tell us what happened? Maybe you'll elicit more sympathy by stating the facts, rather than leaving it to our imaginations?

Hope you dont think it was me who did this?
Cuz it wasnt! Nor do i know Tankster or his friend.

sako7mm
03-11-2011, 01:10 PM
If its a court ordered prohibition then nothing can be done. If its from the director of fish and wildlife, he would have been sent a package to appeal the decision from the start. If his licence is gone, its gone for the 10 years and to lose his privledges for a ten year span, he did something pretty bad.... I'd find a new hunting partner real quick.

Gateholio
03-11-2011, 01:14 PM

10 years for "nothing major?"

What is his name? We can look the case up in the public court records and be able to better judge for ourselves.

Marlin375
03-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Inquiring minds need to know.

What did he do (in the wrong place at the wrong time)?

tankster
03-11-2011, 01:18 PM
sorry i guess i should mention he is not a b.c resident hes from montana

tankster
03-11-2011, 01:20 PM
simple as it says.... he was hunting in the wrong place at the wrong time

The Dawg
03-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Instead of beating around the bush, why not just say what he's been 'unfairly found guilty of'?

Then an informed mind can make an informed opinion. Until then, the mobs are going to be on him.

The Dawg
03-11-2011, 01:22 PM

To me , that reads "He was hunting at night out of season, in a private area he had no permission to be on'

Sound about right?

Marlin375
03-11-2011, 01:22 PM

Did he do any killing while he was hunting?

Philcott
03-11-2011, 01:23 PM

As far as I know if he came into camp to cook and clean and enjoy the out doors he would be within the law but if he came out in the morning or was hiking along with you in the bush he'd be pushing it.

You will want to be careful so as to not be thought of guilty by association.

I would also think there would be ways to appeal unless it's already gone to the highest court in the land. If that's the case new evidence would need to be found to try and change things.

If it was a misunderstanding (wrong place at the wrong time) I feel sorry for your friend. If not I can't have much sympathy for him.

shallowH2O
03-11-2011, 01:24 PM
does this have anything to do with a guided cat hunt where the hunter and guide took a cat out of the outfitters area?

BiG Boar
03-11-2011, 01:25 PM
I think its a fair question to ask here. I am sure someone here knows someone who appealed a decision. I wouldn't be caught hunting with him though. Would be a lot of explaining to do, not worth the hassel of you possibly losing your licence. Like crossing the boarder with someone who isn't allowed across. There are ways to get the sentance reduced though I'm sure. You're vagueness doesn't really help though. I would ask whoever gave the sentance what can be done? I would hate to lose my licence for 10 years. Likley not a first offence? He probably won't get a lot of sympathy though, even if he gave his side of the story here. So maybe its best not to post it.

Philcott
03-11-2011, 01:25 PM
As far as I know if he came into camp to cook and clean and enjoy the out doors he would be within the law but if he came out in the morning or was hiking along with you in the bush he'd be pushing it.

I would also think there would be ways to appeal unless it's already gone to the highest court in the land. If that's the case new evidence would need to be found to try and change things.

If it was a misunderstanding (wrong place at the wrong time) I feel sorry for your friend. If not I can't have much sympathy for him.

This news that he is from Montana changes everything. You would be best go give us some links to what took place to get fair replies.

elkdom
03-11-2011, 01:27 PM

every time I DRIVE through JASPER NATIONAL PARK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I am in "the WRONG PLACE,,, at the WRONG TIME !,,,,,,,,,,

so FAR, I have made the RIGHT DECISION!,,,,,,,,,,at the RIGHT TIME ! lmao:mrgreen:

Ozone
03-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Hopefully he isnt allowed into Canada anymore.

BiG Boar
03-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Was it Paul Leinen or James Leinen?

Gateholio
03-11-2011, 01:30 PM
sorry i guess i should mention he is not a b.c resident hes from montana

So he lost his Montana hunting lic for 10 years for infractions in Montana?

Barracuda
03-11-2011, 01:35 PM
I think its a fair question to ask here. I am sure someone here knows someone who appealed a decision. I wouldn't be caught hunting with him though. Would be a lot of explaining to do, not worth the hassel of you possibly losing your licence. Like crossing the boarder with someone who isn't allowed across. There are ways to get the sentance reduced though I'm sure. You're vagueness doesn't really help though. I would ask whoever gave the sentance what can be done? I would hate to lose my licence for 10 years. Likley not a first offence? He probably won't get a lot of sympathy though, even if he gave his side of the story here. So maybe its best not to post it.

I would agree with these .

normally big sentances are reserved for the repeat/habitual offenders that have little respect for the law not the guy that makes an honest mistake .

BCHunterTV
03-11-2011, 01:38 PM
normally big sentances are reserved for the repeat/habitual offenders that have little respect for the law not the guy that makes an honest mistake .

so true...........

Whonnock Boy
03-11-2011, 01:39 PM

Basically he was hunting where he was not supposed to, either by ignorance or on purpose. He was poaching. He got what he had coming to him. Stupidity is not an excuse. Ten years leads me to believe this is not his first mistake.

bforce750
03-11-2011, 01:43 PM
Just watch Wild Justice..you will probably see it .

eastkoot
03-11-2011, 01:44 PM
What a duffus for posting something like this.. Get to the point so everyone can pick your buddy apart.. Otherwise, don't try and bulls**t the locals and getting everyone going..Your a goof

Whonnock Boy
03-11-2011, 01:46 PM
What an duffus Your a goof..

LOL!! Too funny.

Jagermeister
03-11-2011, 01:49 PM
This is not just a case of misdemeaner, a 10 yeat hunting probition is pretty serious. Here is an excerpt from the BC Wildlife Act that is pertinent to this situation:

Hunting, trapping and firearm prohibitions

26 (1) A person commits an offence if the person hunts, takes, traps, wounds or kills wildlife
(a) that is an endangered species or threatened species,
(b) in a wildlife sanctuary,
(c) at a time not within the open season,
(d) with a firearm or a bow during the prohibited hours,
(e) by the use or with the aid of a light or illuminating device,
(f) with poison,
(g) with a set gun, or
(h) with a pump, repeating or auto loading shotgun unless the magazine contains a plug that is incapable of removal except by disassembling the gun, and that makes the magazine incapable of holding more than 2 cartridges.
(2) Subsection (1) (c), (d), (e) and (h) does not apply to a person who hunts or traps wildlife that is on the person's property and is a menace to a domestic animal or bird."

So, it boils down to, which one did he do?

BlacktailStalker
03-11-2011, 01:50 PM
A U.S Resident hunting unguided in B.C ?
Busted ?
HA HA.

He's either;

a. cheap

b. dumb

c. cheap and dumb.

d. all of the above and then some.

If you're talking about him losing his priviledges in Montana, its competely different than here.. but I dont think thats the case.
What'd he shoot ?

bforce750
03-11-2011, 01:54 PM
I ran into two Albertans hunting by themselves last year hunting without their host, correct me if i'm wrong they have to have thier hosts with them at times as well don't they?

tankster
03-11-2011, 01:57 PM
he didnt leave the wing on a grouse he shot .

Gateholio
03-11-2011, 01:59 PM

In BC or Montana?

yzchamp
03-11-2011, 01:59 PM
call a bs on that one...

03-11-2011, 02:00 PM

Right. 10 years for that?
How deep are you trolling?

Alone in the wildernes
03-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Yes they have to be with thier host that holds the permit to accompany them.

bforce750
03-11-2011, 02:02 PM

Let me finish the rest of the story....he didn't leave the wing on a grouse after he shot illegaly out of season while highly intoxicated using a prohibited firearm he smuggled into Canada .........:-D

Ozone

Nice try, perhaps the truth next time.

elkdom

lmao,,,,,,,,,,,,,:lol:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, yeah! sure!:roll:

tankster
down riggers down around 200 feet

tankster
03-11-2011, 02:04 PM
this was just an test to see what the opinions of poachers where on this site... 95 % of you passed . good bunch of guys here

elkdom
03-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Let me finish the rest of the story....he didn't leave the wing on a grouse after he shot illegaly out of season while highly intoxicated using a prohibited firearm he smuggled into Canada .........:-D

you missed while driving thru a Banff National Park in his HummV at NIGHT! :mrgreen:

Kody94
03-11-2011, 02:05 PM

It sounds like you're the one doing the trolling here. lol

Albafly
03-11-2011, 02:06 PM

I don't think he was hunting- sounds like he was poaching. There is a difference, you know.

kootenayelkslayer
this was just an test to see what the opinions of poachers where on this site... 95 % of you passed . good bunch of guys here

Hahaha! That was a weak attempt at damage control.

Gateholio
this was just an test to see what the opinions of poachers where on this site...

That is probably the biggest lie told on this thread:tongue:

bforce750
03-11-2011, 02:07 PM
[quote=tankster;876796]down riggers down around 200 feet[/quot

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g342/bforce750/troll.jpg

elkdom
03-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Hahaha! That was a weak attempt at damage control.

this is where the (OP)"TESTER" gets a hard kick in the "TEST-TICKLES",,,,,,,:-?

d6dan
03-11-2011, 02:09 PM
That is probably the biggest lie told on this thread:tongue:
And he fooled eveyone!.:mrgreen:.
Good job Tank on the prank..Now don't pull that one again...

Alone in the wildernes
03-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Who said this site was boring ?

03-11-2011, 02:11 PM

Thats gotta be near bottom. dredgin the deep lookin for a Hali?
yer bait is spinnin good

Ozone
03-11-2011, 02:12 PM

So what were you realy convicted of? I hope you get jail time for it.

hunter1947
03-11-2011, 02:13 PM
I have been in the wrong place at the wrong time many of times but I never lost my hunting licence over it :confused:..

tankster
03-11-2011, 02:15 PM

thats another reason i did this... all the this site is boring ....is there another forum bla bla bla

thought i would bring somthign exciting to the table!!!!!!

d6dan
03-11-2011, 02:15 PM

CanuckShooter :mrgreen:

03-11-2011, 02:16 PM
so all that got poached was eggs?

Tenacious Billy
03-11-2011, 02:16 PM
This thread and the OP's credibility is a piece of swiss cheese.......

elkdom
03-11-2011, 02:17 PM
So what were you realy convicted of? I hope you get jail time for it.

he was caught pleasuring a Sheep in a National Park!,,,,,,,,,,,,

here is the "PLAINTIFF"

hunter1947
03-11-2011, 02:17 PM
thats another reason i did this... all the this site is boring ....is there another forum bla bla bla

I will tell you something you never caught me with my pants down :mrgreen: :lol:.

Whonnock Boy
03-11-2011, 02:21 PM

Tankster the Wankster! My Spidey sense tells me that you were not trolling and now you feel like an idiot for asking and being associated with this guy. The more you deny, the truer it is. :confused:

tankster
03-11-2011, 02:23 PM
Tankster the Wankster! My Spidey sense tells me that you were not trolling and now you feel like an idiot for asking and being associated with this guy. The more you deny, the truer it is. :confused:

i get a kick out of guys like you...

Kody94
03-11-2011, 02:24 PM
This thread reminds me of the new salmon farming commercial...."the cat did it!". :mrgreen:

03-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Ibtl...........

shadow1982
03-11-2011, 02:27 PM
CanuckShooter :mrgreen:

THAT WANKER :mrgreen:

But Rayhill started the thread

pearljam
03-11-2011, 02:45 PM
if this was really a prank quit wasting our time, thought this site was for serious hunters, go play games with your kids