PDA

View Full Version : Wing survey

Bucks&Ducks
03-10-2011, 10:24 PM
I was wondering if anyone here participated in the duck and goose wing survey. I did it for the first time this year and was wondering if they ever return results on the birds that were sent in. I would be interested in any information they could send back about the birds we harvested this year.

Crazy_Farmer
03-10-2011, 10:29 PM
They should. You should recieve a letter saying what species you shot, and age weither it was a young bird or not.

kyleklassen
03-11-2011, 09:30 AM
takes a while cuz the season ended yesterday.

Chessieguy
03-11-2011, 12:30 PM
I have done them many times in the years that I have been waterfowling...

Seems like they will ask for 2-3 years in a row and then 1-2 year break and then back.

Its one of the tools used to set limits and seasons so its all good info that's collected from it.

heyblast
03-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Same thing 2 or 3 in a row then a break. You will get results sent to you probably not till May or so. It's pretty cool knowing what you shot. This year I recieved a questionaire to fill out on what I shot this season which I have to do this week-end now the season is done:(. Hope I'll get picked for the wing survey next year as I believe it's an important tool in the management of the resource that we enjoy so much.