PDA

View Full Version : Black Bear Hunting in MU-6

CANMXLR
03-10-2011, 03:48 PM
I am new to hunting and am wanting to try black bear hunting in MU 2-6 area by the Elaho River in the comming fall season. Any good prospects in this area? All comments and advices will be highly appreciated:-D.

Marc
03-10-2011, 07:07 PM
Why wait till the fall why not try it this spring? Gives you something to do while waiting for the fall season.

Unfortunately I can't help you with region 2 as I do my bear hunting on the Island but don't rule out the spring if you're looking for a decent bear!

Marc.

Jelvis
03-10-2011, 07:41 PM
MU 2-06 Squamish River pardner
Fairly good black bear hunting you picked a winner mu, in MU 2-06 for blackies.
Access is up the road old logging road up the Squamish beyond Cheekye and to the Elaho, a main tributary.
Jel .. MU 2-06 .. Not for the Sqweemish up the Squamish in rugged spectacular goat country senior' ..
UNIT 6 .. is basically the watershed of the Squamish River and all it's tributaries.
offers up a little deer, goat and grouse hunting as well.
Like said fairly good black bear hunting in this MU 2-06

TyTy
03-10-2011, 09:46 PM
the entire valley, from the mouth of the squamish to its head waters, and elaho head waters are loaded with bears. more fresh logging towards the head waters. focus up river of the junction of the two rivers, either way.

CANMXLR
03-14-2011, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the info! I will definitely scout the area in the near future with my UTV (Kawasaki Mule 3010 4x4).

BiG Boar
03-14-2011, 03:43 PM
Dont start scouting too soon or you will be very dissapointed with the lack of bears in a supposed bear infested area. Wait for them to wake up. A good area for sure. Lots of bears.