PDA

View Full Version : Strangest Goose year

field marshal
03-10-2011, 02:48 PM
:wink:We've just completed the strangest goose shooting season ever for our group!:confused: Still lots of local birds in the Cowichan area available, but consistent patterning of flocks was erratic at best. A promising scouting report did not automaticaly guarantee good bags of birds!!:(
This problem was compounded by what we will call " THE KLASSEN KURSE"
a vicious "hex" perpetrated upon us by our newest member!!:mrgreen: I am happy to report the curse was finally put to rest on this the final day of the 2010-2011 season!! A nice 5 bird bag was attributed to Kyle today!:-D
So lets hear a season report on geese from all you goose chasers??
Cheers----Field Marshal.

naes
03-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Hey That's great news. Good work Kyle! I guess some more birds came your way later in morning :)
Cheers Sean

Chessieguy
03-10-2011, 04:49 PM
SWEET!!!! Its fantastic when a curse gets put to rest...

Pics would of course be appreciated for those of us not as fortunate to get out!!!:-D

kyleklassen
03-10-2011, 04:49 PM
yep anytime you don't feel like plucking, i'd be glad to share a blind and work my magic.....found some of that reclaimed shot.http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSCF0443.JPG all from the same goose our shiny steel bb, what looks maybe to be an old bbb and a couple lead 6's for good measure.seen a bit of shelling that old bird.....k.k...

Bucks&Ducks
03-10-2011, 06:48 PM
take a look at that old BB. I shot a goose in cow bay this year that had a fresh wound and a .22 bullet in the breast.

longshot
03-10-2011, 09:53 PM
What is our Dinsdale review for this season??

Marc
03-10-2011, 10:30 PM
It's been a good and slow year, seen more variety of birds this year then any other. It was kind of neat to see good number of cacklers as well as lesser Canada's. We even had a few snows kicking around as well.

Had the opportunity to meet and hunt this fall for the first time with Chessieguy, 303Brit, Lornparker1, Kyle Klassen and VINDOG. I also had the pleasure of sharing the blind again this fall with Field Marshal, Duckbuster, Islandbowhunter, ShotgunJohn, Tanya, naes and IanF.

It wasn't a spectacular year but a good year. We have it so good over here that sometimes we take things for granted and expect a limit every time we go out. Some days this year were amazing and others seems we struggled to get birds into range.

I got to spend some time with some great people from the site and can't wait to do it all over again next fall.

Now it's time to organize, wash, touch up, make repairs and set the decoys aside until next season. Clean and grease the shotgun and sit back and eat some waterfowl and watch some hunting re-runs and plan for next season.

Crazy_Farmer
03-10-2011, 10:37 PM
You're not kidding Tony. We set out for brant and shot these big funny looking things too. :tongue:

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f52/Crazy_Farmer/P1040892.jpg

longshot
03-10-2011, 11:18 PM
Now it's time to organize, wash, touch up, make repairs and set the decoys aside until next season. Clean and grease the shotgun and sit back and eat some waterfowl and watch some hunting re-runs and plan for next season.

Well take your time Marc... cause thats what you're gonna be doing for the next six months!! :mrgreen::-D:neutral::(:cry:... I guess thats what I will be doing too.

longshot jr.

Bucks&Ducks
03-10-2011, 11:20 PM
Its a sad time of year. Anyone got any ideas for an offseason project to keep busy?

longshot
03-10-2011, 11:40 PM
Its a sad time of year. Anyone got any ideas for an offseason project to keep busy?

Yup... make more money to buy more deeks! :mrgreen:

field marshal
03-11-2011, 08:15 AM
Thats a real bonus getting the Canada's into the Brant decoys way to go Adam!!!:-D
Cheers----Field Marshal.

kyleklassen
03-11-2011, 10:06 AM
SWEET!!!! Its fantastic when a curse gets put to rest...

Pics would of course be appreciated for those of us not as fortunate to get out!!!:-D just between you and me,i was starting to fear for my life.

Ian F.
03-11-2011, 03:31 PM
just between you and me,i was starting to fear for my life.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ExO9vg1czfI/TU_UOb7X1hI/AAAAAAAAA2w/geVgvvYyQ5M/s1600/deliverance.jpg

Were'ya startin to hear da banjo's?

herefordsrock
04-06-2011, 10:36 PM
ya did awsome up on the north island got 15 in 5 shots and got an awsome total and lots of big geese and speckles and a couple of snows even

32-40win
04-10-2011, 03:01 PM
And here we go, just getting started into spring snows for this year, but we haven't done anything since Nov.

Foxton Gundogs
04-14-2011, 08:20 AM
:wink:We've just completed the strangest goose shooting season ever for our group!:confused: Still lots of local birds in the Cowichan area available, but consistent patterning of flocks was erratic at best. A promising scouting report did not automaticaly guarantee good bags of birds!!:(
This problem was compounded by what we will call " THE KLASSEN KURSE"
a vicious "hex" perpetrated upon us by our newest member!!:mrgreen: I am happy to report the curse was finally put to rest on this the final day of the 2010-2011 season!! A nice 5 bird bag was attributed to Kyle today!:-D
So lets hear a season report on geese from all you goose chasers??
Cheers----Field Marshal.

GOOD spring shoot in Cedar, Not GREAT but GOOD. No 2 man limit days but every day was preductive lotsa goose sausage and jerky on the go.