PDA

View Full Version : archive moose hunting regs?

Buck TraX
03-10-2011, 11:55 AM
How long has it been since there has been a tri palm/10 point or any bull season south of pg?
Or if you think there will or should be one in the future?

CanuckShooter
03-10-2011, 12:09 PM
There is only one for guided hunts....

fat chance of us ever getting past the LEH ~ spike fork stuff......

send in your leh card or go north / west of PG.

Buck TraX
03-10-2011, 12:19 PM
I keep reading that hunter numbers are declining compared to the 70-80s in theory moose populations should be climbing in say region 5 where i am pretty shure had a any bull season in the 80s(corect me if wrong) dont the regs every change in the hunters favour or is it they just add more to the leh and guides tired of looking for an immy,and a big trip north costs a lot of $

CanuckShooter
03-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Don't hold your breath.....they have made some changes in the last few years [not always on moose]...so it is possible, it' just far less likely so long as the 'trophy' game animals are being sold as a commodity.

TimberPig
03-11-2011, 06:08 PM
The last any bull GOS in region 5 was in 1998. It ended due to heavy hunting pressure combined with a bad winter and heavy tick mortality, resulting in low moose populations. It was supposed to be reinstated once numbers recovered, yet we are still stuck with 100% LEH, with the exception of 2004 when an attempt to open a spike-fork GOS ended in a mess after the Farwell Canyon slide and native road blocks lead to its closure. It did not return in 2005 or any season since, despite heavy pressure from the BCWF and regional clubs for some type of open moose season for this region.