PDA

View Full Version : Quesnel/Cariboo river

white moose
03-09-2011, 12:41 PM
Was just wondering if anybody jetboats these rivers? Was wondering where you could launch and if anybody has hunted up there. Thanks

warnniklz
03-09-2011, 12:49 PM
Cariboo river... jetboat yes. Had some really low spots in November (6" of water maybe) Launch at Cariboo lake. There is a forestry site or two on Cariboo Lake Road with a boat launch.

white moose
03-09-2011, 01:33 PM
Cariboo river... jetboat yes. Had some really low spots in November (6" of water maybe) Launch at Cariboo lake. There is a forestry site or two on Cariboo Lake Road with a boat launch.
How far can you go up? What did you hunt for? Fishing? Any details would help.

Drillbit
03-09-2011, 01:35 PM
Couple canyons on the Quesnel. Do some research if you're serious. One above Quesnel, one just below Likely. Not great hunitng, pretty thick in most parts. Roads follow pretty close the whole way too.

srupp
03-09-2011, 01:37 PM
hmmm cariboo river Cunninham Pass rd.. campspot @ LADIES CREEK..then up the river for MOOSE...hmmm some moose bed on the small island..decent deer on the slopes above...

these rivers can be accessed at so many spots if ya know where boats some times can be more hassell..

DRIFTING down the river is deadly for spotting moose...the flats I spotting 9 moose in 1 hr ..from a "vantage point "

steven

warnniklz
03-09-2011, 02:00 PM
We planned on pulling out at the 3100 road. Didn't make it. Probably 5 river clicks, We were out for moose. I have a feeling you're going for G-bear?

white moose
03-09-2011, 02:06 PM
We planned on pulling out at the 3100 road. Didn't make it. Probably 5 river clicks, We were out for moose. I have a feeling you're going for G-bear?

Just poking around for boating places. Bought a firefish hammerhead, last fall. Grizzly has come up , but moose more on the menu. What kind of boat did you use? Uou live around there?

srupp
03-09-2011, 02:17 PM
hmmm spring G bear hunting...the bears are on the river for 2 DAYS..then are gonzo...real better places and ways to get G bears.....

cheers

Srupp

chargerman69
03-09-2011, 03:33 PM
best place to dock is the Ladies creek camp ground. it's a nice launch the camp ground is nice itself outhouses and even meat poles...it is one of my favorite rivers to hunt (20 years for me and 23 for my dad) we use a 12 foot aluminum with a 9.9 johnson. there is low spots and lots of sand bars.

XPEIer
03-10-2011, 12:39 AM
camping can be found here; www.sitesandtrailsbc.ca (http://www.sitesandtrailsbc.ca)

shallowH2O
03-10-2011, 07:51 AM
quesnel river. put in a quesnel on the fraser run to lower canyon. put in at old gravelle ferry crossing or beavermouth, run up to junction conflueve of cariboo river. donot attempt above junction of two rivers on the quesnel (devils eyebrow or bullioun pit) as you would no longer have a fire fish

white moose
03-10-2011, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the info. When the time comes, i'll have to go with someone, who knows. Maybe someone from hbc. The boat is stored in the interior, thinking of the thompson, wonder when a guy can jet that? Really pumped, thinking about it. Fuel going be a killer this year. lol.