PDA

View Full Version : Premier Lake RD..

hunter1947
03-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Can someone tell at what k the road closher starts on the Primier lake road..

bforce750
03-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Hi Wayne, don't know what km exactly but if you drive in through the provincial park just past the rec site one of the roads starts there about (3-4 km maybe past Skookumchuck) and goes through Premier Ridge. The other road is on the right hand side just before you drop down into the lake and they both go to wolf creek.

hunter1947
03-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Hi Wayne, don't know what km exactly but if you drive in through the provincial park just past the rec site one of the roads starts there about (3-4 km maybe past Skookumchuck) and goes through Premier Ridge. The other road is on the right hand side just before you drop down into the lake and they both go to wolf creek.

I can drive into the primier lake no road closhers ,right..

bforce750
03-07-2011, 02:05 PM
I can drive into the primier lake no road closhers ,right..

Thats right , no closures .

bforce750
03-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Just don't take the back way through Wolf Creek and you will be fine.And once you get to the rec site go home the way you came in...cheers Wayne

muledeercrazy
03-07-2011, 02:11 PM
i didnt think there was a closure on Premier Lake Rd? The road continues on to another smaller lake and ends there. Before you get to premier lake the road turns off to the right and has a sign that say motor vehicle closed area. If you read the sign, you are allowed to drive the road but must not take any of the smaller trails and roads off to the sides. I believe the rancher below drives them and has permission. It can be a little confusing but if you stay on the main it takes you all the way back the smaller lake just off the side of the highway, to the south.

hunter1947
03-07-2011, 02:43 PM
i didnt think there was a closure on Premier Lake Rd? The road continues on to another smaller lake and ends there. Before you get to premier lake the road turns off to the right and has a sign that say motor vehicle closed area. If you read the sign, you are allowed to drive the road but must not take any of the smaller trails and roads off to the sides. I believe the rancher below drives them and has permission. It can be a little confusing but if you stay on the main it takes you all the way back the smaller lake just off the side of the highway, to the south.

I asked the co today about the road closure that is on this road he said I can not drive past the posted sign even if I am not hunting there ???.:confused:

03-07-2011, 02:49 PM
I asked the co today about the road closure that is on this road he said I can not drive past the posted sign even if I am not hunting there ???.:confused:

Far as I know the road to Granite Lake has no closure, but the two thru roads to Wolf Creek are closed during the winter (seasonable closure only).

bugler
03-07-2011, 02:59 PM
The Premier Ridge closed roads are not for hunting only. It was put in to minimize disturbance on the winter range during the winter. You can drive the two main roads through between I think Apr or May 1 and Dec 1, something like that. It says on the sign if you look close. All the other roads in there are closed year round, to all vehicles, not just hunting. I'm sure that people working in there can get permits though.

hunter1947
03-07-2011, 03:06 PM
The Premier Ridge closed roads are not for hunting only. It was put in to minimize disturbance on the winter range during the winter. You can drive the two main roads through between I think Apr or May 1 and Dec 1, something like that. It says on the sign if you look close. All the other roads in there are closed year round, to all vehicles, not just hunting. I'm sure that people working in there can get permits though.

The regs say premier ridge motor vehicle closed may first till Nov30 map D24 in the hunting regs and roads showen as open lines are open year around...

hunter1947
03-07-2011, 03:18 PM
Far as I know the road to Granite Lake has no closure, but the two thru roads to Wolf Creek are closed during the winter (seasonable closure only).

Andy the hunting regs map showes that wolf creek main line is open on your right side headed in and on your left it is painted gray no entery.

The two roads headed in along premier lake west to east on up to wolf creek main line are closed as well.

muledeercrazy
03-07-2011, 03:21 PM
The regs say premier ridge motor vehicle closed may 1 till nov 30 map D24 in the hunting regs.

Wayne, the road i have been on is called Wasa Sheep Creek Road on the backroads mapbooks. It was heavily road hunted during hunting season, with lots of pressure from guys walking around as well. We were there for a few days a few years back.

hunter1947
03-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Wayne, the road i have been on is called Wasa Sheep Creek Road on the backroads mapbooks. It was heavily road hunted during hunting season, with lots of pressure from guys walking around as well. We were there for a few days a few years back.

Yes I see all on my back roads map if you have last years regs you take a look and there is a section that is closed on your left on the Wasa creek main line road May first till Nov 30th there has to be a sign at this area on the left side of the Wasa main line unless someone has taken it down ???.

muledeercrazy
03-07-2011, 03:41 PM
I think i see what you mean Wayne. On map d24 it shows two roads that are only open between may and december. I dont remember the road on the right, or east going past rock-bluff lake. Maybe it is just a quad trail? I know the other road, on the left or west carries on all the way through. I think the sign was knocked down when we were there, 3 years ago maybe?