PDA

View Full Version : Geese

bandit_69
03-07-2011, 09:46 AM
Just wanted some help in what to do when the geese come in and are locked up on the deeks and circlearound how ever many times they deem fit and then just fly on by they arent flaring or getting spooked they just dont want to set right in and land. i have tried everything from aggressive calling to quiet little clucks to not calling at all and now i am ready to take out the ak47 and let them have it. just lookin for any tips anyone has or some lessons on getting them in closer before next season opens. where i hunt there are hundreds of birds flying and alot are interested just not getting in close enough. also i ordered the fast talker from performance calls and hopefully this is going to be the ticket or part of for next opening.

thanks Steve

warnniklz
03-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Only call if they are calling. Also make sure your spread has a landing zone in it. MAke sure none of your decoys are drunk. Make sure you dont have any tilted over a little or anything.

f350ps
03-07-2011, 02:12 PM
How big are the flocks, pairs or ??. This time of year can sometimes be tough to get them on the X, but it sounds like there's something they don't like. As said above, have they got a pocket to land in against the wind? Are you hidden well and not on a fenceline or something else they are avoiding? K

field marshal
03-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Ditto what the other boys told you!
Spring geese are the hardest to pattern???:(
Don't let anybody tell you they know all about this goose game!
I've been at this for years and every year they manage to frustrate us occaisionally!! It's what makes chasing them such a "HOOT" :-D
Good luck----Field Marshal.

Mr. Dean
03-07-2011, 03:05 PM
I'm new to the show of killing geese and feel your pain. Of what you describe, I find it's them little pint-sized cacklers - I hate em'! They need to be prescribed Prozac.

lorneparker1
03-08-2011, 09:05 AM
You are not doing it right

bandit_69
03-08-2011, 09:13 AM
thats apparent