PDA

View Full Version : Sikanni Chief River 7-42

kamloops killer
07-13-2006, 11:41 AM
Need some help me and buddy were planning a fishing trip up north. We never been to the Sikanni Chife River before. What I need to know we plan on fishing this river and do some hunting since I just got the regs and Elk is open so the fish can wate The backroad map in my fishing book shows there is a turnoff at mile 225 and there are goverment camp sites.Does anybody know how far this road go or IF there are any roads going that way. I know there are horse trails and probley quad trails. I think this could be a great trip .
Thanks Doug:lol:

PGKris
07-13-2006, 11:58 AM
Road is there all the way to the river. 4x4 Needed. Couldn't fish when I was there but saw a few rising. Good luck! Let us know how you do, that's real nice country.

kamloops killer
07-13-2006, 12:03 PM
How far does the road go in that area
Did you see any Elk.???

Doug

PGKris
07-13-2006, 12:19 PM
No elk on that road but it is July and they're probably way up high. We did see some elk down in the fields out back of Pink Mountain but I'm sure that's the exception more than the rule. I don't know how far the road goes past the river. We stopped at the river cause we knew we had passed our GPS point. Real pretty country.

willy442
07-13-2006, 09:11 PM
Need some help me and buddy were planning a fishing trip up north. We never been to the Sikanni Chife River before. What I need to know we plan on fishing this river and do some hunting since I just got the regs and Elk is open so the fish can wate The backroad map in my fishing book shows there is a turnoff at mile 225 and there are goverment camp sites.Does anybody know how far this road go or IF there are any roads going that way. I know there are horse trails and probley quad trails. I think this could be a great trip .
Thanks Doug:lol:

There are 2 roads into the Sikanni. The first is at mile 156 and go's into some oil field activity. The second is at mile 171 and it takes you back into the falls and the forestry camp. Fishing is very good below the falls ( long walk ) and moose,elk,deer and buffalo hunting on both roads. Usually alot of hunters though. Good Luck. I'd go fishing