PDA

View Full Version : Leopard charge

RiverBear
03-05-2011, 12:23 PM
HOLY ****!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kuypQYeBmo&feature=feedrec_grec_index

ROEBUCK
03-05-2011, 12:38 PM
keep out of the fire if you cant take the heat!!
if you cant shoot straight, you have no place hunting dangerous critters!!

RiverBear
03-05-2011, 12:46 PM
yeah if you can't do it right the first shot don't do it at all

RiverBear
03-05-2011, 12:52 PM
I have a video of cape buffalo hunt and the guy shoots a big bull 3-4in to the right of its a$$. they spent two days tracking it. If I was there I would have smacked him. Being a trophy is no excuse for taking a bad shot

The Dude
03-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Respect to that cat! Nearly got Larry the cable Guy in a choke hold!
(Must be a hard hunt if you can pack that many donuts on a trip)
:D
Reminds me of a British expedition in the seventies......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvpbw2DEyWE&NR=1

tuffteddyb
03-07-2011, 11:05 PM
was it just me or man can that guy squeel?
i surprised the cat only got 1.

Hank Hunter
03-07-2011, 11:11 PM
:eek::eek: pretty sure I would be sqealing too

proguide66
03-07-2011, 11:25 PM
That pussy was squeelin before the cat even got ahold of him!:lol: Tarzan woulda had that kitty dead by knife in a heartbeat!:razz:

Those kittys are messed up with attitude and toughness to back it up! Guided a Dr. few years back who was just back from Africa and as well stitching up 4 guys who got nailed IN THE JEEP from a wounded leapard ! the bugger attacked the frikkin dudes in the back and got em all!!!:shock: BUT , good on the kittys for 'scoring' now and then...part of the game8) The 'squeeler' should stay behind and do the mens laundry er somethin next time,:tongue:

Kyle84
03-07-2011, 11:28 PM
Haha lucky *******. This post reminds me of that stunt the mods did on us regarding a highschool kid going to africa to hunt lions with a .270

greenhorn
03-08-2011, 10:46 AM
I love the sound of the guy crying.... bet he got razzed pretty bad....

chilcotin hillbilly
03-08-2011, 08:41 PM
Easy to critisize sitting behind the computer, Us BC boys must be tougher then the rest of the world, at least thats the way this thread sounds.

Pioneerman
03-08-2011, 08:45 PM
I don't like it when a house cat takes a wack at my hand I would not like to see that thing flying straight at me. Sure he whined and screamed, he is after all full of holes.

gameslayer
03-08-2011, 09:56 PM
Last time I checked screaming and whining was a predator call, sounded like a dying rabbit. Predators can not help but sink there teeth into a easy meal calling for them :mrgreen:
Cool vid thanks for sharing.

sawmill
03-09-2011, 08:55 AM
Easy to critisize sitting behind the computer, Us BC boys must be tougher then the rest of the world, at least thats the way this thread sounds.

Yup,most of us are.B.C. stands for BIG COJONES!

paw325
03-09-2011, 10:48 AM
Not sure if I'd squeal or shit or both, never been gnawed and shredded by a cat before.

However if I get molested by a leopard in June, whilst trying to kill one of the furry bastids, I'll be sure and let you know what sounds I make :mrgreen:.

skibum
03-09-2011, 11:02 AM
that keeps it real

Hombre
03-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Did you guys notice the trackers and what they are carrying?

killer
03-09-2011, 11:54 AM
When i first heard and saw the attack i was sure that was a woman screaming, when hunting critters like that you better make your shot count.Donot take the shot if your bullet placement is questionable.Duhh.Pretty funny listening to the guy scream like a school girl though.

Stone Sheep Steve
03-09-2011, 01:36 PM
You don't get to become of one "The Big Five" by being friendly and cuddly:).

SSS

CanuckShooter
03-09-2011, 01:37 PM
What's the big deal?? That cat is little...here in BC we have to do that with 1000lbs of grizz bear sometimes....shoot straight, and govern yourselves accordingly.:wink:

03-10-2011, 11:38 AM
What's the big deal?? That cat is little...here in BC we have to do that with 1000lbs of grizz bear sometimes....shoot straight, and govern yourselves accordingly.:wink:

They are very hard to see in the grass and they are very aggressive when cornered, not an easy shot to make.

SHAKER
03-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Where's Brambles to chime in on what sounds you make during an attack?:twisted: I'm sure he didn't scream like a girl, but put in that situation hell who know what sound ya might make? Thankfully I've never been chomped yet but I'm sure it will happen one day. One thing for sure either clean shorts required or don't have to go untill a month after ya get home! Great video.

Spy
03-10-2011, 06:16 PM
That pussy was squeelin before the cat even got ahold of him!:lol: Tarzan woulda had that kitty dead by knife in a heartbeat!:razz:

Those kittys are messed up with attitude and toughness to back it up! Guided a Dr. few years back who was just back from Africa and as well stitching up 4 guys who got nailed IN THE JEEP from a wounded leapard ! the bugger attacked the frikkin dudes in the back and got em all!!!:shock: BUT , good on the kittys for 'scoring' now and then...part of the game8) The 'squeeler' should stay behind and do the mens laundry er somethin next time,:tongue:

Yea I agree good on the kitty's!
As we would say in SA "Lekka" Im on the leopards side!
Should not be hunting them unless they are a problem cat!
My 25c worth

Spy
03-10-2011, 06:39 PM
For those of you who's dream it is to go & hunt a leopard in Africa I hope this puts you off!:-D
For those of you who want to go hunt a Lion in Africa! Remember this if you shoot a male, chances are pretty good he has his own pride/family & if there are any cubs in the pride you might as well shoot them too!:cry:Because the next lion to come in & take over the pride will kill the cubs anyway!
Just a bit of Info!:-D
If you have not guessed Im against hunting of big cats in Africa,unless they are problem Cats:-D But Hey they look great on your wall! Not!

SHAKER
03-10-2011, 08:24 PM
Interesting.... Havn't heard that before with leopards. Lions I can see that with a new male take'n over the pride but O'l spots is usually a solitary animal as far as I know. I'm going to chat with my buddy Aldrae about this stuff...... this seems like a good topic. We've chatted about these cats before and were comparing these things to Cougars except for the agression and the fact they don't peacefully tree their was allot of simularities.

cainer
03-10-2011, 08:50 PM
That was pretty funny. He sounded like a fawn in distress. Cat knew who the prey was that's for sure.

Spy
03-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Interesting.... Havn't heard that before with leopards. Lions I can see that with a new male take'n over the pride but O'l spots is usually a solitary animal as far as I know. I'm going to chat with my buddy Aldrae about this stuff...... this seems like a good topic. We've chatted about these cats before and were comparing these things to Cougars except for the agression and the fact they don't peacefully tree their was allot of simularities.

Correct leopards are solitary unless they want to breed & hook up with a female,to do just that!:-D

SHAKER
03-10-2011, 11:08 PM
Just like our Long tail here at home! Attitude seams to be little worse though.

Spy
03-10-2011, 11:21 PM
Just like our Long tail here at home! Attitude seams to be little worse though.

Attitude is an understatement Check out this attack I would say vindictive! I think Squealing is just a human response to a vicious Attack!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNnH2A-rMyo

03-10-2011, 11:29 PM
Brambles, is that what the tent sounded like when the grizz came after you? :mrgreen::mrgreen:

TyTy
03-10-2011, 11:41 PM
that cat had jaws big enough to bite that fellow mid section, front and center. i think thats why he was squeling, cat got him by his gut initially.

intense shit. he might have also been screaming with the premontion of being shot by his buddies, i know i would have, lol.

RayHill
03-11-2011, 12:22 AM
If he was by himself he would have been cat food! It would have killed him within 30 seconds. It was on him for less then 5 seconds and messed him up bad. Lucky it didn't get him by the throat for those 5 seconds.

Flingin' Sticks
03-18-2011, 09:49 PM
And that's why I have no desire to go after a Leopard...anything that has as much chance to eat me as me finish it can go on living as far as I'm concerned.

You have to wonder though: was there a part of the dude thinking "I hope my buddy's a better shot than I am"

fearless
03-18-2011, 11:45 PM
I'm not a screamer at all, but I had a grizz on my ass up in the boulder once I'm pretty sure I screamed like a girl. You never no until your in that situation,easy to act tough until your there.