PDA

View Full Version : Region 6 Stones

kayjayess
03-04-2011, 09:23 PM
There is a wealth of experience on HBC and I was hoping to tap some of it for my August hunt. My partner and I put an honest effort in getting things together for our spring Grizz hunt which officially went bust when the results surfaced Monday. I want to thank Srupp and a few others for the time spent on the phone and emails in prepping for that trip.

Plan B - Region 6 Stones. My partner has had the honor of harvesting a beauty Dahl and also a Stone, however I am on a quest for my first. We have made inroads this week pouring over HBC, Google Earth, back roads Map books, and a few other resources (I am up to 15 pages of notes).

We have narrowed our search down to essentially 3 possibilities. We are planning on booking a float plane by next weeks end (I know it's getting late for that) and need to finalize our plans. We have 2 full weeks (min) and plan to hunt Aug 1. Right now our 1st choice is 6-21/22 to the SW of Edziza. We have a more definitive plan than that but are seeking any input that anyone is willing to offer.

I am keen on talking to or meeting up with anyone that is kind enough to share any insight with me. As always not looking for any honey holes, but any info would be greatly received. Feel free to PM me or call (250 619 8415, call collect). I am on the Island and would travel as required - I'll buy the coffee.

Thanks to those who has already shared via the forum. If anyone is able to impart anything else it would be put to good use and kept to ourselves.

Thanks again,

Kayjayess
(Kyle)