PDA

View Full Version : Need Everyones Help

blaker_99
03-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Well lastnight March 3, around 10PM my brothers house in Kelowna, was broken into while he was at work. The three individuals broke into his front window and used crow bars to pry open is Safety First gun safe. The break in was targeted to high end hunting equipment. The items that were stolen are:

-Tikka T3 Lite stainless barrel with composite stock 300 Win Mag with a Laupold VX3 3.5x10x40 black

-Remington model 700 walnut stock 257 weatherby magnum stainless fluter barrel with a Laupold VX3 scope 4.5x14x15 silver

-Swarovski SLC binos 10x42

Leica rangemaster 900 range finder

-Vortex Nomad spotting scope

If everyone could keep there ears and eyes open it would be greatly appreciated. There a lot of sentimental value in all of these items. Hope everyones weekend is better than ours. Cheers Blaker_99

burger
03-04-2011, 05:36 PM
Was the safe the only thing taken? If so they might have known it was there, look to someone you know.

Also how do you know it was 3 people? Might help in finding perps.

dukester
03-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Well lastnight March 3, around 10PM my brothers house in Kelowna, was broken into while he was at work. The three individuals broke into his front window and used crow bars to pry open is Safety First gun safe. The break in was targeted to high end hunting equipment. The items that were stolen are:

-Tikka T3 Lite stainless barrel with composite stock 300 Win Mag with a Laupold VX3 3.5x10x40 black

-Remington model 700 walnut stock 257 weatherby magnum stainless fluter barrel with a Laupold VX3 scope 4.5x14x15 silver

-Swarovski SLC binos 10x42

Leica rangemaster 900 range finder

-Vortex Nomad spotting scope

If everyone could keep there ears and eyes open it would be greatly appreciated. There a lot of sentimental value in all of these items. Hope everyones weekend is better than ours. Cheers Blaker_99
Looks like they knew what they were after.. hence they must have been in his house before or know your brother some how.. not a good feeling at all. keep our eyes open for the gear. :evil:

Bow Walker
03-04-2011, 05:39 PM
Jeez, that sucks bigtime! I'll be sure to keep my eyes and ears open for you.

Goliath
03-04-2011, 05:45 PM
Targeted for sure.

Did he ever post pictures of his gear...or where he lives & works...on HBC?

cavebear
03-04-2011, 06:52 PM
I would check on anyone that may have been in the home for a service call or repair work renos etc. They new where it was and didnt go for anything else seems like they had prior knowledge to me.

How do you know there was three people?

Any neighbours see anything?

leadpillproductions
03-04-2011, 06:56 PM
That sucks , sounds like they knew what he had .

Ride Red
03-04-2011, 06:59 PM
I would check on anyone that may have been in the home for a service call or repair work renos etc. They new where it was and didnt go for anything else seems like they had prior knowledge to me.

How do you know there was three people?

Any neighbours see anything?

Exactly what I was thinking ???????????????????????????????

cainer
03-04-2011, 09:00 PM
i'm guessing 3 sets of prints in the snow?

TPB
03-04-2011, 09:01 PM

Thats my guess as well, best of luck

DGuest
03-04-2011, 09:06 PM
Similar thing happened to my uncle, had all his guns stolen while the family was away on vacation.

Turned out my cousin had a party before they left, a lot of people where there (time to scope out the house) and it was some guys that were at the party that stole the guns. Cops found them a week later but all the barrels were sawed off so he couldn't get them back. Sad story, hopefully things turn out a little better for your brother.

blaker_99
03-04-2011, 10:29 PM
Thanks everyone for responding. the prints were in the sand and snow. As we all are thinking it must have been someone he knew or knew he had the safe where it was. Its really to bad there are people out there that does this kind of crap. Not sure what good the guns will be to them as nowhere will take them such as gun stores or pawn shops, hunting with them would be crazy with teh odds of running into road blocks etc. Anyways no word yet but if anyone sees any of these items come up for sale cheap in there area please message me so i can inform the Kelowna RCMP, who i may say are being very co-opperative with us.

grumps
03-04-2011, 10:41 PM
not somebody who has casually been in the house. somebody who has seen the guns probably shown inter3es definately an inside job
grumps ps good luck in nailing the coc suc ers

bowhunterbruce
03-04-2011, 10:46 PM
blakster buddy i will keep my ears and eyes open to buddy,defianatly someone he knows.did he have any pics of the guns you could possibly post for us.

emerson
03-05-2011, 06:06 PM
I always worry about friends of kids in the house having "bad" connections.

hunter1947
03-06-2011, 03:58 AM
I live in the EK I will keep all ears open hope your friend gets his rifles back..

Wrayzer
03-06-2011, 07:34 AM
Blaker dude thats pretty rough, bunch of scumbags. I'll keep my ears open if I hear anything on any of it. Keep us updated too if ya catch the meatheads.

steel_ram
03-06-2011, 09:53 AM
They'll get caught when they try to register them.

BChunter
03-06-2011, 10:00 AM
Definately the first purchase should be a new heavy safe! A crow-bar won't open mine and moving one is near impossible!

blaker_99
03-07-2011, 10:41 PM
Just thought I would bump this thread just for everyone to kee it in mind. Just for the record we talked to First Alert yesterday and today and told them we were very dissapointed in how weak there gun safes are and they pretty much told us they can't help us what so ever, not even a replacement. Anyways hope everyone has a good week. Cheers

srupp
03-08-2011, 09:57 AM
hmmm when we got broken into by teenage thugs..it was 7 pm @ nite (I was @ work ) by the next morning they rifles were already in Vancouver...from Williams Lake..

We were just in Kamloops and SUSAN was saying we should get one of those 2,000 # gun safes fireproof and very heavilly made..also $3,000..

hmmm maybe reading your post time to get one????

Sorry for your loss..hope you get the weapons back and catch the $##$&##

steven

steel_ram
03-08-2011, 09:59 AM
I find the mentality that anyone other than the perp's are to blame a little annoying. The owners are victims. The safe quality has nothing to do with it.

bigben
03-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Sorry to hear Blaker will keep an eye open for your stuff ...............think positive buddy take care

luckynuts
03-08-2011, 10:13 AM
hmmm when we got broken into by teenage thugs..it was 7 pm @ nite (I was @ work ) by the next morning they rifles were already in Vancouver...from Williams Lake..

We were just in Kamloops and SUSAN was saying we should get one of those 2,000 # gun safes fireproof and very heavilly made..also $3,000..

hmmm maybe reading your post time to get one????

Sorry for your loss..hope you get the weapons back and catch the $##$&##

steven

Hey Steve FYI a friend of mine had one of the large Remington safes fire proof weighed way to much and was bolted to the wall. Thieves were able to pry open the door just enough to put there arm in and pull out what ever they could grab so it don't much matter what you buy have a good house alarm and a big dog.

W.

coquitlam
03-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Damn sorry to hear of the theft and violation. I don`t know if it is the case in this situation, but I strongly believe that it is in our interest to not display safes in an easily seen area if possible. Try and keep them out of site and with a blanket covering them. I remember when I was a kid , we use to have gun display cabinets in the living room and keep a gun in the gun rack of the pickup truck.

finngun
03-08-2011, 11:09 AM
sorry to hear that....if it help anybody --- i keep my guns in safe...but some gun parts ,like bolts i hide really good in other part of the house..
and best protection in ugly dog in house..like rcmp said..

BRrooster
04-15-2014, 04:50 PM
Bad news for sure. Just a note to everyone, I have heard of doors being pried open part way and thieves grabbing whatever they can thru the
opening before . I have a 1/4 inch wire cable bolted on one side to the inside wall and "snap-hooked" on the other side, that runs thru all the
trigger guards of everthing in the safe. Makes me feel better. Also, bolts are somewhere else.
cheers
bruce

300H&H
04-15-2014, 06:07 PM

The snow is all gone here in K-Town.

Foxtail
04-15-2014, 06:12 PM
This thread is from 2011.

300H&H
04-15-2014, 06:27 PM
This thread is from 2011.

I missed that.

300H&H
04-15-2014, 06:28 PM
This thread was revived like Jelvis from the dead.

VancouverSkiBum
04-15-2014, 06:31 PM
so did he ever find them??

BRrooster
04-15-2014, 07:06 PM
Just saying, 300H&H, sometimes there are ways to do things. Help each other. Stick together. Beat them.