PDA

View Full Version : Sun Optics ???

warnniklz
03-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Anyone familiar with sun Optics. I was at a store the other day and they had a 3-9x50 hunting scope for a $100 or something in that range. I never expect much out of a $100 scope. Anyone know how they compare to say a Bushnel Banner??

dutchie
03-05-2011, 07:30 PM
what store were you looking at?

I am interested!

Dutchie

warnniklz
06-15-2011, 01:52 PM
Here's a product review I found

Just "wanted to drop you a line on the feedback I have received after presenting Sun Optics to four of my key accounts……..Midway, Zanders, William’s Shooters Supply, and Green Supply. I thought you might want to pass it on to the guys.

First off, as many of the guys know, Jim Geckler is a very easy guy to work with. He has already given me the ok for spiffs, special terms, and participated in flyers and advertising with my accounts. I think he will lend any support necessary if it makes sense.

Secondly, the products are being well received. I had one of my distributors pull several competitive items out of their inventory and bring in to the meeting and we compared them head to head with our products. On most items we stacked up incredibly well. The handgun scope had better eye-relief than any he was currently stocking, including much higher priced models. The spotting scopes were hitting a price point under $100 that scopes of comparable quality couldn’t match. The only rings that he had in our price range looked ridiculous next to ours. They were much thinner bands and only had one screw on each side where we have two. The bipod is nice, but I have been beat up a little on price with it. Stony Point and Caldwell have a similar one that is a little less. If you can get the buyer to compare it to Harris we look good. The shotgun mounts were priced better than B-Square. All in all, the line looks to be a value compared to most of the competition. The rifle scopes are excellent in head to head match ups and the quality is definitely there

Lastly, the first order I sent in was processed and shipped within a couple days with about a 90% fill rate. My customers feedback have boosted my confidence with this line, which always helps selling.

Thanks,

Clay"