PDA

View Full Version : east harrison fsr road conditions

Vancouver1234
03-03-2011, 10:29 PM
going camping in a week and a bit about 31k in, is there still snow???

thanks

Deer_Slayer
03-04-2011, 01:32 AM

thanks
are you kidding? Hell the snow has been gone for months. It's sunny and warm up there.....pffft is there snow in February? :confused:

Kyle84
03-04-2011, 01:36 AM
Was up there this week. Snowing all the way to bear creek and farther. Snow wasnt sticking to the ground but it was pretty muddy.
Was in a 2500 dodge with 33" tires, and didnt have any problems driving.
You should be fine, prepare for heavy rain.

PS Make a tarp city if your with people who are uncomfortable with being wet, sleeping in the rain etc..

Vancouver1234
03-04-2011, 11:10 AM
Was up there this week. Snowing all the way to bear creek and farther. Snow wasnt sticking to the ground but it was pretty muddy.
Was in a 2500 dodge with 33" tires, and didnt have any problems driving.
You should be fine, prepare for heavy rain.

PS Make a tarp city if your with people who are uncomfortable with being wet, sleeping in the rain etc..

thanks alot, how many km in is bear creek? and is bear creek any good for fishing??

thanks

TyTy
03-04-2011, 11:27 AM
bear creek is 1/2 way or so to big silver creek, maybe 20km or so, there is a rec site (will be on your left). fishing the mouths of creeks is probably your best bet.

Buck TraX
03-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Have caught some big azz cutties at the creek mouths in spring mostly on spinners good luck!

warnniklz
03-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Have caught some big azz cutties at the creek mouths in spring mostly on spinners good luck!

Have you tried any flies?? if so which ones?

Trapper D
03-04-2011, 12:58 PM

thanksi would go farther to big silver creek. just past the log sort, thers an awsome pool in big silver cr. also by the log sort , on the right hand side of the road there s a cave thats kinda cool, right on the road, under the brush. maybe its cleared now, havent been there for some years

Buck TraX
03-04-2011, 01:02 PM
have cought a couple on flies mostly flashy muddlers and streamer patterns like mickeyfins but wind is usualy an issue up there most for middle of the day so take both with you if you luck out with the weather (wind)fish flies look for surface activity, if you dont have waves crashing the on the beach ,cutties and rainbows feed heavily on fry in spring and are opertunistic feeders but can get selective if lots of fry around.I have heard from friends who have fished in the creeks themselves that there is some dollies around but mostly smaller i would concentrate at the mouths they can all produce but some times spotty hope this heps ya out:-D

Vancouver1234
03-05-2011, 10:45 AM
bear creek is 1/2 way or so to big silver creek, maybe 20km or so, there is a rec site (will be on your left). fishing the mouths of creeks is probably your best bet.

thanks alot, i do not have a boat could i just use my waders wade in and vcast out as far as possible, or did you mean fish the mouth area in a boat....thanks

ruger#1
03-05-2011, 10:56 AM
My father used to throw lure out in the creek current and let it drift into the lake. That was in the 70s.

mr eagle
03-05-2011, 01:54 PM
All wild trout up there, easily susceptible to harvest. I always C & R in areas like that myself to help preserve the stock for future generations.