PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Draw 7-28

300wsmXboltKiller
03-02-2011, 06:14 PM
hello everyone havnt been on forums much sorry but im back asking for some help please i dont know this area and it is huge any help in locating a bear or good bear spots will be much appreciated this is my first grizzly hunt i will take lots of pictures and maybe some video of the area and wildlife hopefully of my bear please anyone thnx

300wsmxboltkiller

houndogger
03-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Contact Trapman.

.330 Dakota
03-02-2011, 06:38 PM
I did that hunt last spring, no luck, middle of May is still too early, had 4 feet of snow on some roads

300wsmXboltKiller
03-02-2011, 06:40 PM
ok thnx guys ill try contacting trapman and for middle may still having snow may be worse this year alot of snow up that way i predict still any tips or success stories please add :)

.330 Dakota
03-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Dont bother going up the west side toward Takla, Tchentlo, thats the area I hunted for 10 days and didnt even cut a track. I would go up the Germanson rd if I were to do it again, and go as far north as you can in the unit.

300wsmXboltKiller
03-02-2011, 07:30 PM
Dont bother going up the west side toward Takla, Tchentlo, thats the area I hunted for 10 days and didnt even cut a track. I would go up the Germanson rd if I were to do it again, and go as far north as you can in the unit.

thnx i was kinda planning to go further north near lots of small lakes and bigger mountains try get up high and glass some valleys but i dont know the ranges well or if there is any quad hiking trails ect.... good old garmin will find my way back just really wanna big g bear :)

takla1
03-02-2011, 07:32 PM
ive seen them in 7-28,north of takla,but in 15 yrs of hunting there only seen 2 shooters,many sows with cubs tho,furthest north eastern area of 7-28 has the greater concintrations imo and late spring,bring lots of bug dope!!

Squamch
03-02-2011, 08:01 PM
We were at skunk lake in October lookin for grizz. Didn't see a track or any sign, but we figured they were already denned up when we got there. Good luck! Bring lots of gas! We had to cut our trip short by 3 days cause the fuel ran out before we expected.

300wsmXboltKiller
03-02-2011, 09:00 PM
cause the fuel ran out before we expected ? how much fuel did u bring and what where u running plan on running quad if possible roads may be ugly this spring ?

Squamch
03-02-2011, 09:12 PM
We were using my brother's newish gmc half ton, He figured 5 jerrycans would be enough, running it in 4wd really made the mileage even worse. The roads were awesome by my standards, but I'm used to the god awful unmaintained south island roads. We did drive through a logging loading operation...that road was 12" deep slop where the big equipment was driving on it.

4 point
03-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Can you get gas at Manson Creek or Germanson Landing anymore? Also are there still any US draft dogers living north of Germanson? I ask as I met many in the middle 70ies living up there.

Frango
03-03-2011, 10:02 AM
[quote=4 point;870445]Can you get gas at Manson Creek or Germanson Landing anymore? Also are there still any US draft dogers living north of Germanson? I ask as I met many in the middle 70ies living up there.[
Yes you can .Beer too.

300wsmXboltKiller
03-03-2011, 02:38 PM
i know nobody is gunna give me there secret spots here just a good foundation is all i need ill do all the hiking scouting ect.... not looking for freebee spots here guys and im more than willing to help other people if they need it in spots im more frequent 2 black bears moose elk ect.... nvr hunted grizzly and i usually ony run into them in the muskwa wondering if calf elk call will help bring them in or any predator calls i know the calf call works like a hot damn in muskwa one call 3 grizzly come hahahaha as for beer and fuel at germanson where exactly is that if anyone could let me know id be greatful will bring plenty but would like to stay extra days if i see a bruiser and need to stalk him couple extra days :)

ROEBUCK
03-03-2011, 02:53 PM
id be cautious about calling in a grizz.
id rather keep some distance
a grizz at 10 yards is not gona be a pleasant experiance especially when its looking for a meal.
good luck

.330 Dakota
03-04-2011, 12:00 AM
id be cautious about calling in a grizz.
id rather keep some distance
a grizz at 10 yards is not gona be a pleasant experiance especially when its looking for a meal.
good luck

Thats true, try it from a tree stand,and if you dont see one be veeerrry carefull when heading back to the truck, he could be watching

Camp Cook
03-05-2011, 09:51 AM
I shot this little fellow June 1 2008 and a fellow from Quesnel shot one just a little bit smaller a few miles from where I shot mine the following year yes both were shot in 7-28...

Wasn't there a post of a huge one coming from the same region last year?

pm me if you want to know the general location and I'll share with you I'm not planning on working that area again for a long time might go in for goats this fall but not spring grizzly.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/506/medium/img_9318.jpg

Timberjack
03-05-2011, 10:18 PM
hello everyone havnt been on forums much sorry but im back asking for some help please i dont know this area and it is huge any help in locating a bear or good bear spots will be much appreciated this is my first grizzly hunt i will take lots of pictures and maybe some video of the area and wildlife hopefully of my bear please anyone thnx

300wsmxboltkiller

That's one seriously long run-on sentence!!! Sorry - couldn't help myself. :-D:-D

Find any good south facing slope and glass the hell out of it. Good luck with your hunt!!!

TJ

300wsmXboltKiller
03-31-2011, 08:35 PM
thnx guys sorry i havnt replied no internet for a month in camp would like some more responses aswell and camp cook i pm u look forward to hearing your insight on the area

chinookkiller
06-06-2011, 10:22 PM
how is going now?