PDA

View Full Version : Just Got My New Bea Attack Compound Bow

The Silent Stalker
03-01-2011, 11:20 PM
It finally came, and its wonderful. This is my first bow, so I 'm stoked. I'm going to finish getting it sighted in today then start fine tuning. I want to hunt this spring and being new to archery, I'm wondering what type of carbon arrows seem to be the norm? I know there are lots of good ones these days, and lots goes into personal preference, so just wondering where to start looking? Are some really that much better or worse? They all talk themselves up really well.

yamadirt 426
03-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Make sure you find the right length and spine and weight. See if its posable to try 2 or 3 different shafts . Find one and stick with it. shoot , repeat

mikeboehm
03-02-2011, 05:06 PM
it all depends on what poundage your shooting. i use pse carbonforce and never had a problem. there tough they fly good even when shooting 90 meters. but its all about preference

Vader
03-02-2011, 05:53 PM
You need shafts to finish tuning and then sighting in. Spine reacts very differently than one would expect.. Kinda like reloading really. Change a component and you possibly change group and flight characteristics. Shorter shaft vs longer shaft, fletch length, tip weight. All factors that can affect that perfect bullet hole flight. Head to your pro shop and get your bow set up for center shot then try some shafts. Do lots of watching and ask lots of questions.
Recommendations you ask.. There are many shafts available. Gold tip seem to be popular, Carbon extremes as well as PSE and Easton and Victory.
You will rarely find 3 guys agree which is the best, unless you do a survey.
Good luck and straight shootin...

The Silent Stalker
03-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Thanks guys, keep it mind when I head to the shops. I won't go to Wholesale unless I know what I want, or I need directions. I hear Big Game Archery is really good, any other ideas on who I might want to check out?

Riverbc
03-02-2011, 09:58 PM
Big Game is really good. I've just started out as well. Wayne and his sons have been a big help.

Bow Walker
03-03-2011, 05:55 PM
If you're looing for very decent, very tough arrow shafts have a serious look at Gold Tip. I've tried several different brands and have yet to see anything that comes close to GT for price, durability, and quality.

I build my own arrows - as a lot of guys do - and I can highly recommend them.

Bowzone_Mikey
03-03-2011, 06:04 PM
I am shooting 600 spine GT ultralights out of my recurve .... I am happy with em ... I set up a friend that shoots a Bear Truth with some Beman STX ... they are re-branded Easton Slim techs, but easier on the pocket book ... and they fly awesome out of it ... the slimtechs are tough thick walled and narrow diameter .... zip right through anything ... I like em