PDA

View Full Version : There’ll be no BIG SANDWICH this year….

Ian F.
02-28-2011, 01:39 PM
Be the first Brant opener I’ve missed since moving west in 06’ but family comes first. As some of you know, my mother in law is in the last stages of terminal cancer which was diagnosed the week before Christmas. She’s only 65.

There’s a slim chance I’ll be out for the last day, which happens to be my birthday, but everything is day by day right now.

Looks like season may be a good un, and I hope the boys out of Tsawassen do well with gods of weather being kind, same goes for the Boundary crew and if I have one wish it'd be for one of those Morrison Lake boys to get a tarsus banded grey belly!

And for those of you that don’t get the reference, every year, on the night before brant opener I make a big sandwich. The last few years it’s been a muffaleta and it lasts a couple of days, it is my tradition I share on this board.

May all you branters come home safe at the end of the day, with that 30 second rush that comes after hours of sitting that only another brant hunter understands.

Very best,

Ian

http://partridgecreek.ca/PartridgeCreek/Gunnin%20pics_files/first_2.jpg

field marshal
02-28-2011, 02:22 PM
Ian, not being able to go for brant is a real downer!!:(
Family comes 1st of course!!
Consider yourself privilidged to be born on MY BIRTHDAY!!!:mrgreen:
Hope everything works out!
Cheers---Field Marshal.

Crazy_Farmer
02-28-2011, 02:54 PM
It's too bad Ian, Matt asked me what kind I thought you'd make and has been telling me how he wanted some of that sandwich haha.

I hope the wind calms down a bit, if I want to get the little boat out it'll need to be less chop.

Good luck everybody, and Ian hope you can find some time to get there with everything else going on.

f350ps
02-28-2011, 03:19 PM
This will be the first opener I've missed in 26 yrs and it sure is gonna hurt! Good luck to all you guys and keep me posted Adam, though I'm sure my cell will be ringin everytime the TinTub boys connect. Depending on how my hip feels I may try and get out the last few days, I hope! K

Gunner
02-28-2011, 04:09 PM
This will be the first opener I've missed in 26 yrs and it sure is gonna hurt! Good luck to all you guys and keep me posted Adam, though I'm sure my cell will be ringin everytime the TinTub boys connect. Depending on how my hip feels I may try and get out the last few days, I hope! KJeez Kelly,you're not going to be out for the opener?What have you done to yourself?I'll be in town Wed nite,I'll give you a call,I rhink I've got a ruptured disc but I'm still going to try and get out with Branthunter(if the drugs work!).Got to get this back fixed quick,I got a grizzly draw as well. Gunner

f350ps
02-28-2011, 04:52 PM
Jeez Kelly,you're not going to be out for the opener?What have you done to yourself?I'll be in town Wed nite,I'll give you a call,I rhink I've got a ruptured disc but I'm still going to try and get out with Branthunter(if the drugs work!).Got to get this back fixed quick,I got a grizzly draw as well. Gunner
Maybe if ya share yer drugs you and I could team up? :-D K

popsy
02-28-2011, 08:22 PM
sorry to hear about your mother in law. my thoughts are with you. with any luck the ice won't be too much of a problem in the bay. good luck to all. see u on the bay