PDA

View Full Version : Lightweight dry bags

BromBones
02-27-2011, 09:34 PM
Gonna pick up some light dry sacks for backpacking this year.

Wondering if anyone's used those Sea to Summit Ultra-Sil bags. Look like a decent product.

Or recommend a similar good quality product?

Thanks

snareman1234
02-27-2011, 09:46 PM
Havnt used those, but I have this for my sleeping bag, and it is super well built, I haul on those straps everytime, Im surprised how tough its made.

http://www.seatosummit.com/products/display/1

Ambush
02-27-2011, 09:51 PM
Just sacs or compression sacs? OR makes some good ones and available in several sizes. Clothes and sleeping bags take up way less space.
Check the weight to volume before buying, as some are way heavier then others. And for packing, it's all about weight and space.

boxhitch
02-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Not sure about the e-vent bags yet, will be trying them and their tarp-poncho this summer

BromBones
02-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Just plain sacks, so I can strap my tent/sleeping pad or other gear on my midsize pack for doing 3-4 day trips and keep it all dry. Also for loading gear on the top of my dogs pack.

Sea to Summit bags are ~ 1 - 1.5 oz for the sizes I'd want.

swampthing
02-28-2011, 08:17 PM
I have used the sea to summit bags and have had great success. My old backpack got soaked while doing a long quad ride. The outside of the s to s bag was wet but my sleeping bag was safely dry inside. Mine dont seal at the top so this would be the only weak link. I now use backpack rain covers and that really helps keep everything much drier.

BlacktailStalker
02-28-2011, 08:52 PM
I use those for my sleeping bag and bunch of other stuff.
They work well so far.
They double as a water hauler.