PDA

View Full Version : Bantario

Ciskman
02-27-2011, 07:37 AM
Moved to Ontario from BC last June, Dont ever move here HBCers...there is some nice country around but you can not beat west coast hunting.

Cost of living is way cheeper but you have half the animals, no spring bear hunt, and a very liberal anti hunting undertone(at least soutern parts)

No hunting pics but I caught this 7 pound Walleye through the ice at the end of my street!

Good to see HBC is still alive and well

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l115/annie_cory/DSC00097.jpg

Elkaddict
02-27-2011, 08:38 AM
I feel for you Ciskman. I number of years ago I invited a buddy from Ontario out for a "once in a lifetime" elk hunt. He figured that he would do it once, just to experience it. After the first day, which was basically driving into camp, setting up and taking a quick scout, he said if he went home the next day it would be better than any hunt he had been on in Ontario. We saw more different species and larger numbers of animals in one day than he would see in a season in Ont. This year will be his third trip out,:wink: he can't afford it every year, but he can't quit either.

I do miss a good feed of pickerel, and the miles and miles of paddling water, but nothing else. Cheers.

Chuck
02-27-2011, 08:51 AM
Sorry that you're displeased with your situation. Nice looking fish in your hand, but the facial expression says it all. We'll all hold the fort down for you while you're temporarily away.

Buckman
02-27-2011, 08:58 AM
Grew up in southern Ontario and moved north right out of high school. Loved the north country and the pickerel fishing and the miles of lakes but wouldn't trade the kootenays for anything!

knighthunter
02-27-2011, 02:43 PM
But, at least you got some of the best tasteing fish close to home.

Gateholio
02-27-2011, 02:50 PM
I never understood why anyone form BC that enjoys the outdoors would move east. :mrgreen:

Ciskman
02-27-2011, 04:37 PM
HA! thanks for the sympathy posts everyone! BC rocks and Ill be back!

Gates, its just a military posting nothing permanant!

Gateholio
02-27-2011, 04:57 PM
In that case, thanks for your service. Moving to Ontario is going above and beyond...:-D

BCbillies
02-27-2011, 05:07 PM
I spent three years in southern Ontario going to school. Being a true BC boy it was the toughest three years of my life . . . so I feel for you. :cry: The only good thing about leaving was the stronger appreciation for what we have here . . . plus a piece of paper for the wall!

Two buddies from Ontario have been talking about coming out for a goat hunt for a few years now and this is the year. They are pretty stoked about spending a week in the high country chasing some critters. The only problem is I don't recall any mountains for training where they come from! :wink:

todbartell
02-27-2011, 05:11 PM
The only problem is I don't recall any mountains for training where they come from! :wink:

demand them they run the stairs at CN Tower 3x a day for 5 months :mrgreen:

BCbillies
02-27-2011, 05:19 PM
demand them they run the stairs at CN Tower 3x a day for 5 months :mrgreen:

Thnx. I thought I was out of ideas for the boys but I just found another one!

Lots of fields out there (both guys have farms) . . . so I recommended they put on a yoke and till the soil in the spring. :mrgreen:

Ciskman
02-28-2011, 06:55 AM
I spent three years in southern Ontario going to school. Being a true BC boy it was the toughest three years of my life . . . so I feel for you. :cry: The only good thing about leaving was the stronger appreciation for what we have here . . . plus a piece of paper for the wall!

Two buddies from Ontario have been talking about coming out for a goat hunt for a few years now and this is the year. They are pretty stoked about spending a week in the high country chasing some critters. The only problem is I don't recall any mountains for training where they come from! :wink:

You got that right, it sure makes you appreciate what you had. Your buddies arent going to want to leave after a trip like that. I feel sorry for the people here who'll never know what they are missing....maybe a littele worse for those who know!

pnbrock
02-28-2011, 07:56 AM
thank you also for your service,i tell my children that military people are true heros.anyone who is willing to put there ass on the line for someone they never met is a hero! so we can walk down our street safely .

.330 Dakota
02-28-2011, 08:08 AM
Well boys I was born in Hamilton Ontario, and we moved to the North Bay /Sudbury area when I was about 8 yrs old. Those were my parents decisions. Since I was old enough to read and watch TV I knew I wanted to live in BC. Life got in the way for a while but I moved here at the age of 45 and I would NEVER move back. The political undertones mentioned above are real, and the gun/hunt haters are abundant. Problem back east is simple.They have dumbed life down for the masses where as if you lived anywhere else you wouldnt survive. The sheeple are in herds in Ontario and they can have it, good riddens

Squamch
03-13-2011, 12:14 PM
it's pronounced "onterrible."
I lived in Alliston for 3.5 years. That was foolish.

wicket
03-27-2011, 12:21 PM
I still live here and its a daily struggle not to drive my truck into oncoming traffic without my seatbelt on. If I didnt have my yearly hunting trip to BC to look forward to I think Id need a team of therapists instead of just the one I have :P

303Brit
04-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Nice work brutha, just thinking 2-3 more years and it will be promotion and posting time for ya ;)
you can come back and be my teamm leader

gibson
04-12-2011, 04:16 PM
I hear ya. I feel like I'm one of the non-zombies in a bad remake of dawn of the dead every time I mingle with the terminal shoppers. Lived in E.K. for several years and was fortunate to get back last season for Mulies hosted by some old friends still there.

richbullivant
04-12-2011, 07:42 PM
grew up in northern/southern ontario i miss the fishing, and as this will be my first hunting experiance here on the island. i can say with out a doubt "IM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!!!!"
hopefully my first coastal Black bear, and black tail!
but when i see the pics roll in of the family's monster white tails makes me jelous! but none of them have bagged a black tail! so here is to hoping!

303Brit
04-12-2011, 07:52 PM
grew up in northern/southern ontario i miss the fishing, and as this will be my first hunting experiance here on the island. i can say with out a doubt "IM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!!!!"
hopefully my first coastal Black bear, and black tail!
but when i see the pics roll in of the family's monster white tails makes me jelous! but none of them have bagged a black tail! so here is to hoping!

Once you bag an animal or two you'll rapidly forget that. If you take up fishing on the Isle it will speed up the process

.330 Dakota
04-12-2011, 08:38 PM
Ther is no better place to hunt and fish than Beautifull British Columbia