PDA

View Full Version : Appeal

Albafly
02-24-2011, 05:33 PM
Hi guys and gals,

I found out yesterday that a friend has got terminal cancer. Totally shocking, and really sad to see a young person in this situation. I got a call from her husband today as they had just been at a naturopath (diet doctor? not really sure what it is).

Anyway, doc tells them that she should not eat any meat, with the exception of game meat. I have absolutely no idea why this is the case, and didn't ask any questions. He asked me if I had any meat I could give them. I have a small amount of deer left over from an early season deer, but not much, so they will get all that is left.

I am not the type of person that usually looks for favours, especially not from folk I don't know, but if anyone in the lower mainland has a bit of game meat that they would like to give (I think legally I can't purchase it, right?) i would really REALLY appreciate it. I'll pick up, and then take it to them and deliver.

Thanks to all for reading. If anyone can give me any indication of game meat sources, i'd appreciate it, or if anyone can tell why a naturopath says game meat is ok to eat with cancer, i'd be interested in that too.

Take care, thanks for reading, remember life is short!

Trapper D
02-24-2011, 05:39 PM
not sure but they will probably suggest bringing there ph level of there body, to alkaline from acidic, with mineral supplements. lots of information out there about that.

lilhoss
02-24-2011, 05:40 PM
Sorry to hear about that,crappy news for all.Can't help ya with the meat though.Maybe check with one of the local rod & gun clubs or a meat cutter to spread the word.As far as eating the wild game I was told it had certain enzymes that the body can digest easier and make the system work better.Know of a family who had a young boy with serious intestinal problems and the moose meat we gave them helped substantially.Hopefully she takes a good run at her illness.

.330 Dakota
02-24-2011, 05:42 PM
Game meat isnt injected with steroids to promote rapid animal growth.
Thats why it is healthier for you than commercial meat

Gunner
02-24-2011, 05:46 PM
I don't know about eating game meat to ease digestion or because of beneficial enzymes.I do know that I eat 75% game and 25% pork and beef.I've had cancer for 6 years,at diagnosis they gave me 3-5,and I'm still kicking,so maybe the game meat does help.I prefer to think that it's my all round good personality!:mrgreen: My very best wishes to your friend,don't ever give up. Gunner

Trapper D
02-24-2011, 05:53 PM
not sure but they will probably suggest bringing there ph level of there body, to alkaline from acidic, with mineral supplements. lots of information out there about that.
advice search for help outside of the bc medical realm. if they have money there is other sources of help out there. not in this province though. also depends on what kind of cancer it is

IronNoggin
02-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Albafly,

Kudos for doing the right thing here. I have a little bit of blacktail I can send your way. Shoot me a pm and we can discuss how to get it from the Island over to you (Greyhound?)

I would hope that if any of my Family or Friends were in this position help would be forthcoming. Thus I am more than willing to "pay it forward".

Regards,
Matt

PS: Absolutely NO worries about "contamination" from this end. I am waaaay overly fussy about my meat.

Jetboater
02-24-2011, 06:28 PM
Let me know I have plenty of meat to help .... I also have a friend who has cured herself of cancer naturally so let me know if I can help....

Trapper D
02-24-2011, 06:35 PM
Albafly,

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Your friend and her family will need a lot of support. I have a lot of experience in both natural health products industry as well as having family with terminal cancer. I can give you 2 points that might not be easy to hear and a lot of folks might disagree with. This is from personal experience and research.

1. There are tons of scum, the lowest of the low that prey on desperation of people with terminal cancer/disease, but specially on family member who would do anything to help a loved one. They claim to offer miracle cures, typically outside of Canada or US, usually in Europe for big $$$.

2. If you go to a naturapath, no matter what's wrong with your health I can almost guarantee that they will tell you not to eat gluten, avoid anything that's not organic or not wild. Their argument is that you need to avoid toxins such as pesticides,herbicides, hormones and antibiotics. This is a fair argument but it's not very useful for someone already suffering from terminal cancer for obvious reasons. They will also try to sell you natural health products that typically they sell at very high margin.

The best thing you can do is accept what is to come and offer your love and support to her and try to make her as comfortable as possible.
Making the remaining time count is the best medicine.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to PM me.

PS: Your friend should be careful about consuming game meat that was donated, some people are not too concerned about the way they handle their game meat. She might have lowered immune system and might be more susceptible to gastrointestinal upset caused by contaminated meat.
this totally depends on the type of cancer it is. accepting may not be the solution, as our system doesnt fund certain procedures, thats why outside of bc may be an alternative

Camp Cook
02-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Check out the diet on this site my Dad and many others I know follow it...

My Dad is 76 years old he is in such good shape that it is hard for me to keep up with him.

Just this afternoon in this cold weather and with a 3rd degree separated right shoulder from a skiing accident 2 months ago he spent 4 hours clearing blackberry bushes and flipping logs/stumps with his quad then chainsawing then up.

He tells me he only came in to his house because he got damp from sweating and started to get a chill when he slowed down, earlier this week he took his 5' X 8' utility trailer had a yard of gravel loaded into it took it home not only shoveled it out he also leveled it off then headed back for another yard that he also shoveled out and leveled and that was only a part of what he did that day...

He is a major fisherman so also includes fish that he has caught himself but very little red meat even though I had offered what little we had left in his diet.

My wife's uncle that lives in Kelowna is a cancer survivor he did it by basically following this diet and exercising as well he also adds green sprouts that he grows himself.

http://www.chiphealth.com/

Albafly
02-25-2011, 12:39 AM
Thanks gus for all the responses- i really appreciate it. I will send some pm messages just now. Just when you think things are so shitty and unfair in this world, its nice to be reminded that there are very kind folk out there and that we can be a kind bunch!

Cheers,
Alba

fearnodeer
02-25-2011, 06:57 AM
A butcher i dealt with years ago new someone with a simalar problem, he had a sign up for people to donate some game meat where you picked it up and it worked out wel, so maybe ask a few butchers to do the same. I hope everything works out well i can relate my father had cancer and lost his leg to it, and a friend of ours was given six months 8 years ago to live and is still alive.

Blainer
02-25-2011, 07:22 AM
moose and deer in my freezer that I would be willing to share under the circumstances.
sorry to hear about about your friends illness.
send me a p.m.

jamfarm
02-25-2011, 07:24 AM
Check out 3P Natural & Exotic Meats in North Vancouver

doubled
02-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Not sure where you are located but I have some moose and deer too. I am in Westbank. PM for more info.