PDA

View Full Version : MU 2-8 Cypress-thelions-seymour 2011-1015

elcazador
02-22-2011, 11:53 AM
I'm a nooby, but i catchup quite fast and are good at whatever i set my mind to — kind of focus vision!.

Getting into BOW-hunting and live close to this area Cypress-the lions-seymour lake (http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=49.486193,-123.049622&spn=0.126906,0.318947&t=h&z=12).

I'm starting to scope the area, I'm building 2 motion sensor trail cameras and will be setting them up in the spring. anyone who wants to hunt the area with me let me know, this is not a 1 season thing. My plan is to build a circuit and some kind of shelters set with provisions along the way so it is easy to spend most of the time hunting and less time setting camps etc, not to say you can just go for 1 night or 2 nights and be set without much hassle. Does anyone knows of any old trapper cabins in this area, there has to be tons of them.

What I'm looking for is a group (2or3 individuals) or individual(s) who will share and enhance my vision of bow hunting. I'm a stalker by preference and supper easygoing.

anyone has any tips on this area?

cheers, I'm loving the planning that goes into this!

gearjunkierob
02-22-2011, 11:10 PM
I'd suggest researching the area very carefully prior to your hunt(s) or any efforts to set up shelters. Cypress PP does not allow for any hunting, nor does Seymour. Indian Arm PP allows for hunting, but cutting trails/building permanent shelters is not permitted. It sounds like you are also looking at potentially hunting (when outside of the provincial parks) in a variety of different municipalities/jurisdictions - I'm sure that some/all of them would have bylaws regarding hunting/discharge of rifles, some may even have restrictions on bow hunting. West Vancouver/British Properties/District of North Vancouver/Lower Seymour Conservation Reserve/Metro Vancouver are some of the other jurisdictions that come to mind. You've picked a challenging area to hunt, and not just because of the terrain! Let us know what you find out...

My suggestion - drive up highway 99 for 45 mins and hunt the Squamish area. Way more freedom to do what you love without the hassle of hunting so close to Van.

Good luck!