PDA

View Full Version : Penticton 3D Shoot On Sunday Feb./27

Walksalot
02-22-2011, 09:04 AM
Looking forward to seeing you guys in Penticton this Sunday. For those who don't know where the shoot is being held it is at the Penticton Shooting Sports facility located about 4 kilometers north of Penticton adjacent to the camp site with the boat launch.

Mountain Man
02-22-2011, 02:36 PM
Brrrrr

I hope the weather holds.

Ruger4
02-23-2011, 07:27 AM
walksalot , we'll see ya there :mrgreen:

Walksalot
02-23-2011, 09:21 AM
Putting on a shoot this early has always been interesting to say the least. The turn out in all sorts of weather has lead me to deduce that we archers are a tough breed. I have been told that many consider our shoot to be the kick off to the outdoor 3D season so rain or shine, cold or warm, the shoot will go on.

Bow Walker
02-23-2011, 10:33 AM
Woke up to 6 inches of the white stuff this morning. Must be more in your neck of the woods? Hope not.

Walksalot
02-23-2011, 12:00 PM
We have a couple of inches on the ground here from the other day. Weather man said snow last night but woke up to see the moon shining through the window.

Ruger4
02-23-2011, 12:32 PM
Walksalot........

our usually 3D following will be there in support , bring on mother nature !!!
highs of + 4 now they're saying for sunday

bowhunterbruce
02-23-2011, 10:39 PM
i'll be there ,a little cold weather never hurt anyone,just remember to layer up boys and girls,
bhb

Mountain Man
02-24-2011, 01:19 PM
well if you tough guys are going ill wash my panties and be there then !!

Ruger4
02-24-2011, 01:47 PM

just put new batteries in them :tongue:

bowhunterbruce
02-25-2011, 05:33 AM
wait to suck it up,see ya there.i'm pretty sure i'll be bringing a couple other buds along as well

Walksalot
02-25-2011, 01:53 PM
I spoke with the guys who make the McKenzie targets and questioned about the targets in cold weather. He commented the arrows might be harder to pull out of the target, both graphite and aluminum so bring lube. He said ordinary dish soap works but I use a bar of Ivory soap as liquid soap might freeze.

Mountain Man
02-25-2011, 02:51 PM
Woodys Arrow Lube !

Red arch
02-27-2011, 02:34 PM
Just use hotel soap bars, work great and have for years, even on the really dense targets.

Ruger4
02-27-2011, 04:21 PM
Looking forward to seeing you guys in Penticton this Sunday. For those who don't know where the shoot is being held it is at the Penticton Shooting Sports facility located about 4 kilometers north of Penticton adjacent to the camp site with the boat launch.

Thanx Walksalot and your team for staying commited to putting the course together even wiith the frigid temps we've been having. Always enjoy walking this course.
Thanx again , please extend our thanx to the kitchen as well , the chilli and smokies hit the spot !!!
see y'al at the next shoot :mrgreen:

bowhunterbruce
02-27-2011, 06:14 PM
ya it was a great shoot as always,the 40 to 60 km qusts made it interesting to say the least.it deffinatly wasn't my best day ever.
at least i made it through both rounds,i didn't realize how many fair weather shooter there were lol.oh well at least we all got there and supported a great hardworking friendly club.
i look forward to the next one
bhb

Walksalot
02-27-2011, 07:03 PM
Thanks guys and thanks to all who braved the cold and made our shoot a resounding success. It truly was a frozen butt shoot but shooters braved the cold not to mention many had non shooters in their midst. We figured that only the hard nosed shooters would come out and we was right. There were hard nosed shooters of all ages, 94 of them to be exact, out there and not a whimper did we hear. Thanks again for making our shoot a success.