PDA

View Full Version : Arrow rest???

turtle7
02-21-2011, 12:33 PM
I am looking for a good arrow rest for hunting with. I want cantonment and quiet.
I have tried the Ultra-rest but don't know if I'm happy with it. Has any one used the trophy ridge Revolution? Any others worth looking in to.

Ambush
02-21-2011, 12:37 PM
I'm using the Ripcord Code Red on my back up bow. It's a fast bow and the rest does get out of the way on time. Total confinement is over rated, IMO, so I leave the top bar off.

Mountain Man
02-21-2011, 01:45 PM
The rip cord red is a great rest !!!!!!!!

Howy
02-21-2011, 03:23 PM
Yep third vote for rip cord. Very simple to set up and clean. I would recommend serving the cord into your bus cable rather than using the factory attachment its far more reliable.

Bow Walker
02-21-2011, 04:39 PM
I don't personally use them but - Whisker Biscuits are judged by many to be the perfect hunting arrow rest. I'm inclined to agree with that opinion.

Big Lew
02-21-2011, 05:27 PM
As you have frequently stated,"BowWalker", the simpler the better. Since switching to whisker biscuits, I've never been disappointed. They are a total containment, easy to use, trouble-free, and accurate rest for hunting, especially for spot and stalk etc. If I do spring for a new bow, unless Wayne at Big Game Archery can convince me otherwise, I'll put on another whisker biscuit.

tinhorse
02-21-2011, 05:40 PM
I use the whisker biscuit and it great. many kills and never a problem with an arrow dropping out. Accurate as well.

Bowzone_Mikey
02-21-2011, 05:54 PM
the WB is as simple as it gets ... Its quiet , its containment ... and the newest evolution of it is so damn easy a 5 year could set it up ...

the only draw back to the WB is the contact and amplification of any form mistakes ....

a great containment would also be a drop away such as the APA twister safari rest

now all that said I use a Trophy taker drop away on my hunting bow, I might even put one on my 3D next, but I typically dont use containment rests

turtle7
02-22-2011, 01:05 AM
I am not a fan of the whisker biscuit it warps fletches after 300fps.

Has any one used the Trophy Ridge Revolution? I want to know more one that one.

Bow Walker
02-22-2011, 09:27 AM
Looks like you've got your heart set on the TR Revolution. All I can comment on is from what I see while looking at it on the website.

It looks as if it'd work quite well - providing that the arms swiveled out of the way quickly enough for your arrow speed. Will it work with speeds in excess of 320 to 340 fps? Doesn't really say that it can do it, on the other hand the rests of today are usually made to work with fast bows.

Hows the containment? Do the arms grip the arrow enough so that there is no rattling around? Are the arms padded to prevent any rattling while containing the arrow? You'll definitely need to pad the arms.

I'd want to see and handle one before taking the plunge, meaning that I doubt that I'd buy it over the internet, sight unseen.

Derp
02-22-2011, 10:22 AM
i bought the new ripcord rest last year, and the rubber arrow rest flew off after shooting a few times, not a big deal but still!

Bow Walker
02-22-2011, 10:46 AM
My personal favorite is the APA Safari Twister. I've got one on my hunting bow and another on my 3D bow.

I've tried probably 6 or 7 different rests over the years and I still prefer the Twister.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Safari_Twister.jpg

Mountain Man
02-22-2011, 02:34 PM
My personal favorite is the APA Safari Twister. I've got one on my hunting bow and another on my 3D bow.

I've tried probably 6 or 7 different rests over the years and I still prefer the Twister.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Safari_Twister.jpg

A good choice as well,

I have several in stock.

turtle7
02-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Looks like you've got your heart set on the TR Revolution. All I can comment on is from what I see while looking at it on the website.

It looks as if it'd work quite well - providing that the arms swiveled out of the way quickly enough for your arrow speed. Will it work with speeds in excess of 320 to 340 fps? Doesn't really say that it can do it, on the other hand the rests of today are usually made to work with fast bows.

Hows the containment? Do the arms grip the arrow enough so that there is no rattling around? Are the arms padded to prevent any rattling while containing the arrow? You'll definitely need to pad the arms.

I'd want to see and handle one before taking the plunge, meaning that I doubt that I'd buy it over the internet, sight unseen.

Thats how I feel i want to learn more about it talk to some one with it