PDA

View Full Version : Got my new bow

bc_buckshot
02-19-2011, 10:23 PM
After a while of thinking and talking to my boss, I finally got my new and first compound bow. I got the 2010 PSE Brute. All afternoon I have been shooting it and trying to figure it out. I can see improvement with the grouping I have. Tomorrow I will be shooting it more to get a better feel and start sighting it in. It came with a decent 3 pin sight but know I will be upgrading it after a new of trying it. I'm going to set the sight at 20, 30, and 40 yards. I hope those yards work for me.
I would like to give a huge thanks to the guys at Big Game Archery in Abbotsford. From talking to them last week and seeing them today to pick up my bow I can understand why people go there. They were 100% honest and respectful to me knowing I'm a first time shooting wanting to get into it, and really help me out. To them I could see is wasn't just about the sale, but really helping a fellow hunter and soon to be robin hood. One of the owners kids took me outside with the bow and spent 30 mins teaching me about the bow and how to shoot. It was really a good feeling. If anyone is looking for a new bow, repair, or even advise I will say to give them a call. I hope someone here knows them and lets them know what a good job.

Howy
02-19-2011, 10:26 PM
Awsome a good pro shop makes all difference. Congratulations. Hope you have lots of success.

mikeboehm
02-20-2011, 12:00 PM
the pse brute is a good bow. i started bow shooting last february and my 1st bow was the brute. i liked it but to me wasnt fast enough for hunting so i traded it in for a pse omen. my brute was a 60lbs set at 28" and shooting carbonforce stl 200 arrows my speed was 238 fps. my omen set at 70lbs and 28" shoots the same arrows at 342 fps.

Rusty Shackles
03-30-2011, 07:49 PM
Wayne at big game is great. I look around every time I buy a bow, but I alway buy from Wayne. My PSE Omen is on order now and as soon as it gets in I now that I will get a phone call to come in and get it custom tuned for my specs. After my bow is tuned at big game archey I can screw any broadhead onto my arrow and it shoots the same as my field points.

jrjonesy
03-30-2011, 08:06 PM
... i liked it but to me wasnt fast enough for hunting ...

I'm guessing that's just a personal opinion because 238 fps is plenty fast enough for hunting.

Glad to hear you had such a good experience at the shop buckshot. You'll have lot's of fun with your bow.