02-19-2011, 10:12 AM
Falkland Pub Big Rack contest, Feb 26th ( Sat ) 3-8pm

See ya there!

goatdancer
02-19-2011, 02:14 PM
Is that a wet t-shirt contest?

bobber jon
02-19-2011, 06:02 PM
Dont bother going boys this lady already won.
http://www.outdoorlife.com/photos/gallery/photos/2006/12/more-big-racks-more-beautiful-women?photo=1#40206158

ufishifish2
02-19-2011, 06:34 PM
That is always a fun time, and only 3 minutes from my front door. I will see you guys there, even if'n we don't recognise each other.
I will warn you all that there is a good chance that my neighbor takes the pot though. He won in Chase recently with his Mule deer that I think they scored out at 194 ....... can't remember if it's gross or net...... does it really matter??
See ya all there boys, I'll be the one wearing camo!

Laurence_Erickson
02-19-2011, 06:37 PM
Dont bother going boys this lady already won.
http://www.outdoorlife.com/photos/gallery/photos/2006/12/more-big-racks-more-beautiful-women?photo=1#40206158
I am going just too see her rack and collect the prize:)

Dirty Steve
02-19-2011, 09:07 PM
I've got a 4 pt mulie I'll enter but I have a feeling there might be some big deer showing up.

ufishifish2
02-19-2011, 09:21 PM
I can't stand the guys that do the circuit every year with a big buck they blasted 15 years ago in Saskatchewan. Maybe a bit of an exageration but you know what I mean! They show up winning most prizes and ruining it for the rest of us honest folk! Drives me nuts!!!

Dirty Steve
02-20-2011, 09:12 AM
This will be my first one I've been to and that's the first thought that came to my mind. All entrants should be animals harvested this year. What's stopping a guy from bringing in his buddies mount from 25 years ago? Maby I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for a huge mount at an estate sale and hang onto it.
Should be deer harvested this past season!

Will
02-20-2011, 11:45 AM
I can't stand the guys that do the circuit every year with a big buck they blasted 15 years ago in Saskatchewan. Maybe a bit of an exageration but you know what I mean! They show up winning most prizes and ruining it for the rest of us honest folk! Drives me nuts!!!
Agreed 100%

Should be deer harvested this past season!
I agree as well......can't they ask for the cancelled tag to verify the date of the kill ? By rights the cancelled tag should accompany any mounted set of horns anyways right ???

I'd go but not to see the same guys Buck from four years ago win again.......:rolleyes:

mark
02-20-2011, 11:48 AM

What??? Every buck contest Ive ever been to has been bucks from the past season! Lumby and falkland included!
That would be stupid to allow bucks from the past! :confused:

ufishifish2
02-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Actually seen it successfully done at both those places you mentioned Mark. It was about 4 years ago and was the same guy at both events. He had a beauty mule deer and I had insider information from a buddy who knew the guy. Just because he had a cancelled mule deer tag doesn't mean that deer was from that tag!!! I was so angry that I have taken a few years off........

dana
02-20-2011, 12:08 PM
Soooo a guy brings in an old buck from several years ago with a current canceled tag so he can win a t-shirt???? LMAO!!!!

ufishifish2
02-20-2011, 12:10 PM
No Dana. I believe he won a bow in Lumby and a Missberg in Falkland!

dana
02-20-2011, 12:41 PM
I was under the impression that this year all the winner got in Lumby was a t-shirt???? Which is perfect for a fun contest. The moment you throw prizes of any value in, you open up the door for cheaters. Fun contests should be just that. FUN!

Will
02-20-2011, 01:22 PM
No Dana. I believe he won a bow in Lumby and a Missberg in Falkland!
Well sh#t I'd like to win a "Miss Berg" :mrgreen:

BillyBull
02-20-2011, 01:30 PM
What??? Every buck contest Ive ever been to has been bucks from the past season! Lumby and falkland included!
That would be stupid to allow bucks from the past! :confused:

Gotta agree with Mark... WTF good is it allowing something from 5 years gone past... just add a nice friendly rule to the contest that it must be from the past 1-24 month max or limit to only past season to enter the contest. Give more people a level chance at winning ...

ufishifish2
02-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Gotta agree with Mark... WTF good is it allowing something from 5 years gone past... just add a nice friendly rule to the contest that it must be from the past 1-24 month max or limit to only past season to enter the contest. Give more people a level chance at winning ...

I guess I didn't explain myself as well as I'd thought. Mark's statement was completely correct and I agree with him! The idea remains that people only show up with animals harvested from the previous year. The exception being that there are dishonest a$$ hats out there spoiling it for everybody. It's pretty pathetic if a pub is expected to make all the entrants prove the year each buck was harvested?? This really shouldn't need policing. All the pub wants to do is sell more beer on a slow Sunday in February.

I just ran down to the pub and grabbed a flyer. Here are the details:

Sat. Feb. 26th Bring your White-tail or Mule Deer antlers for a chance to win:
Door Prizes: Mossberg 535 Shotgun, Vortex Bino's, Allen Hunting Stool, 2 x $50.00 Gift Certificates
Supplied By: Vernon's Outdoor Store, Powder Keg Shooters, Okanagan Spring Brewery, Four Seasons Motor Sports
Submit Door prize entries 3-6 PM
High Score Prizes: River Fly Combo, Big Chief Smoker, Lansky Sharpening Kit and Knife, Thermo-King Hot Seat
Supplied By: Fisher's Hardware, Surplus Herbies, Powder Keg Shooters
Submit High Score entries from 3-8 PM

ruger#1
02-27-2011, 09:15 AM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Falkland_1_is_190_Plus.jpg

#1 is 190 plus Do not know total score.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Falkland_2_is_less_Non_Typical.jpg
#2 is a bit less, It is a Non Typical.

Jagermeister can fill you in on more. Nice racks.

Fisher-Dude
02-27-2011, 09:48 AM
Soooo a guy brings in an old buck from several years ago with a current canceled tag so he can win a t-shirt???? LMAO!!!!

Might have been this one? :mrgreen:

http://members.shaw.ca/horion/foto/Picture%2051.jpg

ufishifish2
02-27-2011, 11:54 AM
There were some pretty cool looking racks there last night. No where near the size of Lumby's event, but a good time had by all.
I think we need to wear HBC hats or something. Wouldn't have minded meeting some more of the guys from here!!!

Jagermeister
02-27-2011, 12:35 PM
There were some pretty cool looking racks there last night. No where near the size of Lumby's event, but a good time had by all.
I think we need to wear HBC hats or something. Wouldn't have minded meeting some more of the guys from here!!!You must be blind in one eye or you can't see out of the other one. I had my HBC camo cap on. Perhaps you arrived after I left, which was around 6pm.:-D

ufishifish2
02-27-2011, 01:32 PM
You must be blind in one eye or you can't see out of the other one. I had my HBC camo cap on. Perhaps you arrived after I left, which was around 6pm.:-D

Arrived at 6:15 PM. Wouldn't have seen you anyways wearing that camo and all........:):-D:mrgreen:

Jagermeister
02-27-2011, 02:23 PM
Arrived at 6:15 PM. Wouldn't have seen you anyways wearing that camo and all........:):-D:mrgreen:

Sorry I missed you, perhaps another time! Left early, had to feed the dogs.

Dirty Steve
02-27-2011, 05:57 PM
Great time, impressive deer!

I got me a miss berg!

Jagermeister
02-27-2011, 11:58 PM
I forgot to thank Ruger #1 for his expertise in getting the pictures posted for me. So, a Big Thankyou Ruger #1.

I saw a closed thread about how to post pictures and I just want to say that this forum is the most difficult to post pictures to, the system is archaic.

CanuckShooter
01-22-2012, 03:11 AM
No picture of the winning rack?

Good Old Outdoors
01-22-2012, 07:26 AM
If I am back in the country by then I will be sure to swing by. Its only a 5 minute walk from my Inlaw's place, it would be nicee to see what i missed out on last year.

Good Old Outdoors
01-22-2012, 07:28 AM
Wait.....Nevermind :P I have got to stop thinking its 2011 still

Brian011
01-23-2012, 08:49 AM
When is the falkland buck contest this year?