PDA

View Full Version : Just shot my apa mamba m7 for the first time.

BlackwaterHunter
02-18-2011, 10:53 PM
IM IN LOVE! firsts compound ever! im a teen and at 18 1/2 yards i shot a 30 within my first 5 rounds!! every arrow from then on was in the yellow :D

Matty_ola
02-19-2011, 09:23 AM
Congratulations, Good work.

PS. I want ten rings from 40 by the end of next week

BlackwaterHunter
02-19-2011, 09:34 AM
haha thanks, but unfortuanly the indoor range that i shoot at in the winter is only 18 1/2 , but im setting up a 80 meter range this spring in the back 40

Howy
02-19-2011, 11:01 AM
Nice feeling isn't it. Nice bow too. Keep it up but remember, bow hunting is like meth it only takes once and you hooked

Bow Walker
02-19-2011, 11:57 AM
Congratulations!
Spot shooting is great for perfecting and practicing your form. Just remember to ony shoot one arrow per target. Robin Hoods get expensive.

BlackwaterHunter
02-19-2011, 01:55 PM
hahah well i shoot jop almost all year so spot shooting will be mostly what im doing, and i decided ill be shooting a 3 spot so no worries of robin hoods :), and if you are interested on how i set up my bow, : cobra boomslang 4 pin sight. truball stinger release, apa twister cd rest ( love it), and no stabilzer yet

BlackwaterHunter
02-19-2011, 10:56 PM
a quick question for all you bow gurus what should i do if the rubber on my peep keeps breaking at the end of the beep?

Bowzone_Mikey
02-20-2011, 12:41 AM
Get rid of that POS .. and get a peep that doesnt need it ....
seriously ... Get rid of it
no really ... this is how I feel ...
otherwise you will continue to have problems with it ...

you will have to press the bow ... APAs are great for that ... you dont need a press to change the string ... put a few more twists into the string once you have about a 100 shots on it ... like probally about 2 or 3 should do it ... take the old peep out .. draw the bow and anchor ... get a friend to mark the string right infront of your eye ... Install good peep ... test .. if you draw with eyes closed ... get anchored ... open eyes .. and see thru peep without moving head you are good to go ... Tie in place .... shoot .. hunt ... and enjoy

Mountain Man
02-20-2011, 01:08 AM
I have the M7 and V7, been shooting them for a month now, great bows !!!! Good choice:-D

Bow Walker
02-20-2011, 08:59 AM
a quick question for all you bow gurus what should i do if the rubber on my peep keeps breaking at the end of the beep?
It's likely that your peep tubing is too short. There should be slack in the tubing when the bow is at rest - at least 2 to 3 inches of slack, depending on your brace height and draw length.

BlackwaterHunter
02-20-2011, 09:29 AM
I have around 3 or 4 inches of slack, i think the problem is that the knob where the tube attaches to it is to big for the size odf tuping i am using because it keeps breaking at the end of the knob. also if i knew how to post pictures then you guys could see my set up

Bow Walker
02-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Somtimes the peep sight knob, where the tubing attaches, is pointed upward at a pretty hard angle. Try tying the tubing higher up on the riser, then there won't be such 'pinch' at the peep.

Also - has the 'tit' (where you attach the tubing) any sharp edges? They are molded in manufacture and that can cause a ridge which can cut the tubing.

Bow Walker
02-20-2011, 09:39 AM
The nipple that the tubing attaches to has to be larger than the tubing or they won't stay together - but you already know that. A good way to attach them together is to wet the nipple, but then you've got to make sure that everything is dry before you draw the bow or it'll just slip apart.

Big Lew
02-20-2011, 10:27 AM
The nipple that the tubing attaches to has to be larger than the tubing or they won't stay together - but you already know that. A good way to attach them together is to wet the nipple, but then you've got to make sure that everything is dry before you draw the bow or it'll just slip apart.
To easy, not going to say anything!:tongue::wink::-D

BlackwaterHunter
02-20-2011, 10:31 AM
thanks it now looks like its going to hold up much better, and btw i jast shot 245 this morning

uraarchr
02-20-2011, 10:38 AM
Too many problems for me with that rubber hose.Got rid of and replaced with a G5 peep.So far so good.The hose always seemed to snag on stuff while out hunting or target practicing.

BlackwaterHunter
02-20-2011, 10:45 AM
well all the pro target shooters at my club say the rubber hose is what i want, to much dicking around with a self alinging peep

Big Lew
02-20-2011, 11:43 AM
I used the rubber hose for a few years, putting up with it breaking every once and a while, until I realized it could break at the worst time.... when trying for a shot on that huge buck. Wayne, at Big Game Archery installed a top quality anti-twist string, tied in a quality peep, which did away with the rubber hose, and I've not had peep alignment problems since. Had him set up my second bow the same. (I do have him service the bow periodically)

BlackwaterHunter
02-20-2011, 11:54 AM
Well i have only had the bow for 3 days, so maybe when i get it serviced next ill do that.

Howy
02-20-2011, 12:00 PM
G5 meta peep buddy learn to serve it in youself and you will be problem free. If your looking for a stabilizer try stokerized i just picked a 10" one up on friday. Seems very nice, cool looking imo too. Took off my 7'' octane also a good choice.

BlackwaterHunter
02-20-2011, 12:05 PM
well i was thinking about a 12.5 inch doinker

Howy
02-20-2011, 12:09 PM
Yep good product i looked at them too i just prefered something a tad lighter. But it's Really personal preferance. I'v gone thruogh alot of stabalizers ,sights, peeps ect befor i found the set up i'm happy with, don't be afraid to try different things.

Bowzone_Mikey
02-20-2011, 12:33 PM
well all the pro target shooters at my club say the rubber hose is what i want, to much dicking around with a self alinging peep

there isnt a pro shooter on the planet that uses rubber tubing peep ...for good reason .... you have found that reason after one day of shooting with it

Bowzone_Mikey
02-20-2011, 12:35 PM
well i was thinking about a 12.5 inch doinker

Great choice of Stabs ..... but useless if it doesnt balance your bow right ...

try as many as you possibly can

BlackwaterHunter
02-20-2011, 12:39 PM
well i want something heavier because my bow leans back after i shoot it, so i need a fare bit of wieght, plus it scores 10/10 for good looks :D

Bow Walker
02-20-2011, 05:10 PM
Well i have only had the bow for 3 days, so maybe when i get it serviced next ill do that.
Once the string settles in you'll find a big difference - you can drop the peep tubing and go "strapless". Get the peep installed correctly and served in properly, then you're good to go for as long as the string holds up.

Once the string gets older and looses some of its resilience the peep will start to rotate on you. A good indication that your string needs replacing. Then the process starts all over again.

Some guys use a peep that splits the string in 3 - then there's no problem with rotation or twisting or anything at all. There are several manufacturers - Shurz-a-peep, RAD, Eastman, etc.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Shurz1864.jpg

They even come in a quad-split version, which just about eliminates any view of the string while at full draw.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Quattro.jpg

Something else to think about.

I'd rather replace the peep tubing each year and carry a spare with me. I don't want to take a chance on my hunting bow.

BlackwaterHunter
02-20-2011, 05:16 PM
Well you guys have convinced me into going to a self alinging peep, i shoot alot of target and i dout i will do more than 5 hours of bowhunting.