02-18-2011, 08:03 PM
Good luck.,

Crazy_Farmer
02-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Good luck

You're doing it wrong.

aliagha
02-18-2011, 08:27 PM
hey guys i have never been to Wham Isl. but i would like to go goose hunting there. where is the best place to park a car within boat range of the island. I was thinking River Road and walk with the boat to the channel and then go from there. what do you think?

Are you stoked? i am.... i cant wait!!!

look for willington point boat launch park. westham is all private and i think you need permission to hunt there.

f350ps
02-18-2011, 08:36 PM
I'd drive over the bridge. K

fowlweather
02-18-2011, 09:24 PM
no i am going to park at river road and go in a boat off the shore

02-19-2011, 01:00 PM
I'd drive over the bridge. K

good thinkin Kelly,

and I don't think there are geese to hunt on westham right now. there are some birds in the sanctuary but you can't hunt any of that. then most of the geese fly to a no hunting zone in Richmond.

fowlweather
02-19-2011, 01:13 PM
i dunno i think its worth a try tho

f350ps
02-19-2011, 05:18 PM
i dunno i think its worth a try tho
If you're just looking for a chance at some geese and don't mind pass shooting you can always head down to the Albion Slough and try and pattern them. They come out over the rock wall on the river side also. Good luck, K

fowlweather
02-19-2011, 06:26 PM
If you're just looking for a chance at some geese and don't mind pass shooting you can always head down to the Albion Slough and try and pattern them. They come out over the rock wall on the river side also. Good luck, K

where is that, i google earthed it and nothing came up

Angus
02-19-2011, 06:28 PM
Ya know, this is a great web site and on-line community. I've met some great people on here, a hunting partner, and learned a great deal reading people's comments, opinions and answers to questions.

But a couple of the responses to this guy's questions are an absolute pantload of shite.

This isn't some newbie, posting for the first time (160 plus posts), and looking for your honey hole. A legitimate question from a guy looking for the best spot to launch his watercraft in an area he's looking to check out.

If you've got nothing better to do than flame this guy, back the f&ck off, shut your pie hole and go back to your knitting.

fowlweather
02-19-2011, 06:32 PM
Ya know, this is a great web site and on-line community. I've met some great people on here, a hunting partner, and learned a great deal reading people's comments, opinions and answers to questions.

But a couple of the responses to this guy's questions are an absolute pantload of shite.

This isn't some newbie, posting for the first time (160 plus posts), and looking for your honey hole. A legitimate question from a guy looking for the best spot to launch his watercraft in an area he's looking to check out.

If you've got nothing better to do than flame this guy, back the f&ck off, shut your pie hole and go back to your knitting.

well i am kind of a newbie. but i just want to know if there is a closer place to launch a boat then where i was looking

Crazy_Farmer
02-19-2011, 06:57 PM
You ever hunted westham Island?

Nowhere in his original post did he ever state he wanted to hunt the shore off of westham. He said "westham island", "island" being the word, island means land, not water beside land. thats why theres comments like drive over the bridge to get there.

Calm down, and I wouldnt go off how many posts any guy has on any hunting forum to base their expierence level. Everybodies an armchair quaterback online.

f350ps
02-19-2011, 07:54 PM
where is that, i google earthed it and nothing came up
The Albion Slough is at the North end of Westham. It can be a very good spot at times as the geese come out of the sanctuary in the morning and if you can get under them it can be pretty productive. When you see a bunch come out get to that spot as fast as possible cuz the next bunch will most likely be right behind them. Good luck! K P.S. As for the Angus dude, I suggest some meds are in order! Being the helpful guy you must be why don't you take him out and show him the ropes. K

NitwiT
02-19-2011, 08:18 PM
Good luck

You're doing it wrong.

Angus has a point btw, as much as you may or may not like to admit it. Man asks a simple question, instead of redirecting or pointing out certain truths that must be made known, he gets this.

Crazy_Farmer
02-19-2011, 08:35 PM
Dont worry, I'm just cranky I gotta wait 8 months till I can shoot a duck again. :wink:

Ddog
02-19-2011, 08:48 PM
in saying good luck, Westham is all private.

NitwiT
02-19-2011, 08:48 PM
haha! aren't we all, should make for good reading. I wonder if Art Knapps will sell me some ducks....

longshot
02-19-2011, 09:25 PM
Dont worry, I'm just cranky I gotta wait 8 months till I can shoot a duck again. :wink:

Then go shoot a goose!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

crazy ducker
02-20-2011, 10:55 AM
the info that f350 gave him is true not a load of crap, how is this post re directing him. I think a lot of you need to do your homework first, westham Island is all private you need a permit to hunt there, you just can't go there and hunt. second f350 gave him another spot on the north side of the island,this coming from f350 who has probably hunted the ladner marsh for 40-45 years. third the front of westham Island is no place for kids or inexperience hunters. if you go be careful. go get a fraser valley hunting map its got lots of info. this guy may have 160 post but only in the past 2 months, anyone can run a total up too

Beachcomber
02-20-2011, 11:22 AM
Maybe I'm reading too much in to the original post but the fact that fowlweather is planning to use a boat suggests he is not hunting W.I. itself but rather looking for info on the march and or foreshore. Bullshit dissembling and a rubbish respones like "drive over the bridge" doesn't get him any closer to the geese. Angus is right to wonder why anyone would bother posting that that sort of flak. Certainly doesn't strike me as being in the spirit of this forum. Then again, what do I know, sitting here in London, with my lowly 5ish posts and a pint of England's finest?

Beachcomber
02-20-2011, 11:23 AM
Make that 10 posts (incuding this one)!

f350ps
02-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Maybe I'm reading too much in to the original post but the fact that fowlweather is planning to use a boat suggests he is not hunting W.I. itself but rather looking for info on the march and or foreshore. Bullshit dissembling and a rubbish respones like "drive over the bridge" doesn't get him any closer to the geese. Angus is right to wonder why anyone would bother posting that that sort of flak. Certainly doesn't strike me as being in the spirit of this forum. Then again, what do I know, sitting here in London, with my lowly 5ish posts and a pint of England's finest?
I suggest you read the original post as it appears that you didn't read it in the first place. I did read it and came to the conclusion that this young fella at the ripe old age of 15 may not know that there's a bridge to the island, the island that he also states he's never been to. As you will also note, I tried to steer him in the right direction once I knew of his intentions. Maybe you and Angus can offer up some advice seeing as you guys sure like to give it out freely. As for any more help I can give this young guy he can PM me and I'd be more than willing to help him out. K

aliagha
02-20-2011, 12:06 PM
fowl weather,
weatham is all private and isn't very big, if you want to hunt on land then you need to go get permission, secondly, you have gotten some pretty good info already, in my opinion before launching your boat you shound drive over the bridge to westham and take you binoculors with you, its mostly long flat farm feilds so you should be able to see edge to edge, scout the area look where geese are figure out which side way you need to bring your boat to reach to the place through the river, set up on the shore and you will get some action. watch for the river current before putting your boat in it, there is a boat launch just before westham brigde (willington point) and there are some other nice marshes across from it.
hope you bag some geese.

crazy ducker
02-20-2011, 12:51 PM
this is what you're going to get wih e callers. sorry kelly I had to say it. it's a joke angus don't take the wrong way

Beachcomber
02-20-2011, 12:53 PM
Actually f350 yours is a fair conclusion (my reading was he was shooting out of a boat) and agree that you did provide some useful advice for fowlweather. I was taking issue with off hand and unhelpful responses to a legitimate question from someone who was "stoked". I don't inlcude your thoughts on Albion in this criticism which is why I cited an example of what I thought constituted such a reply.

Angus
02-20-2011, 03:46 PM
F350, I had no problem with your first response to the guy; wasn't talking about you. It was the other couple of early posts I was referring to.

I read the OP's question as him looking for directions and best place to put his boat in to work the shoreline of Westham. I know enough about Westham in that it is private lands and hunters essentially need an invite to hunt there. Otherwise, I had no info to provide that had not already been.

Like CF, maybe I was a little cranky yesterday too, after getting skunked in the morning in the Pitt Marsh, and taking a puck in the back of the knee in the afternoon. Self medicating with several pale ales and it appears that you thought my shot pattern included you.

Cheers

fowlweather
02-20-2011, 03:52 PM
k guys i get it. i worded it wrong my fault. i know where it is, i went there and saw geese. :) i meant that i wanted to know where to launch a boat (which i learned from a post). i would hunt on the foreshore anyways. Thanks guys i went out to hunt today, there were only about 400 geese today, no shooting ops though. still nice to see them.