PDA

View Full Version : radio's-thought I'd pass on this find.

luckofthedraw
02-17-2011, 12:12 PM
Just purchased....

-2 vhf handheld's
-2 mic's
-2 spare batts
-1 leather case
-1 usb cable (for programing)

The grand total was under $300.00

I'm not a huge tech guy but I thought this was a great buy. Just thought I would pass it on. :wink:

The equipment comes from hong kong and took about 15 days to ship......it is hard to patient.

It all arrived working and in one piece...I just have to figure out how to program them now.

http://www.409shop.com/409shop_product.php?id=104100

luckofthedraw
02-24-2011, 10:45 AM
Still struggling to program these. I was given a list of channels near the okanagan...but they don't help me down on the coast.

Just looking for a channel line up to start figuring out these radios. Possibly truck traffic/FSR channels etc. Does anyone know a good link keeping in mind I'm in abbotsford.

I'd like to have some channels programed to scan while I am out driving around. (sumas/stave/chilliwack/bridal falls etc.)

Alone in the wildernes
02-24-2011, 11:05 AM
Truckers bs chanel is 154.100 I have more but will have to find my book first, there is a book you can buy with all the chanels listed.

luckofthedraw
02-24-2011, 11:08 AM
thanks, if you find more....let me know.

moosinaround
02-24-2011, 11:08 AM
Truckers bs chanel is 154.100 I have more but will have to find my book first, there is a book you can buy with all the chanels listed.
I have seen the book at the book store in PG. Lists all frequencies in BC. Books and Company on 3rd is where I seen it. Moosin

Buckman
02-24-2011, 06:44 PM
Call the forest service office in Chilliwack and ask for the engineering officer, he will help you out with the local channels.

MBOGO
02-25-2011, 07:08 AM
What make and model did you get ?

luckofthedraw
02-25-2011, 08:55 AM
Here is the link again . I purchased two KG-UVD1P VHF handhelds, made by wouxun.

http://www.409shop.com/409shop_product.php?id=104100

gizmo_85
02-25-2011, 09:25 AM
If you get yourself a HAM radio license you can use repeaters to through out the country and use the clubs phone patches.

I have may HAM license, when I've been hunting I've found this to be very useful. here is a link to the repeaters in BC - south.. that are a lot more.
http://www.bcarcc.org/bcsouth.pdf

checkout. www.rac.ca for more info on a amateur radio.

I have two of those radios as well. they work great.

luckofthedraw
02-25-2011, 10:38 AM
I will look into the Ham lisence. For now, I'm just trying to figure these buggers out. First time I've owned anything other then "cobra".

Singleshotneeded
02-27-2011, 02:31 PM
:-D So what's the range with those things? I'm using Midland GMRS radios I bought in Bellingham because you can buy 5 watt units in the US, but we're limited to 3 watt units in Canada. The range is a few km...

buckhunter
04-14-2011, 10:34 PM
it's good to have the fsr frequencies, especially if they are logging. good to know what's comming around the corner. keep a list of what channel a certain frequancy is on. unless you are going to program it in order. if you use it for hunting it's best to use a earbud with it. forestry should have a list of frequancies they use and where they use them. some roads have as many as 3 different frequancies on them.

luckofthedraw
04-14-2011, 10:50 PM
:-D So what's the range with those things? I'm using Midland GMRS radios I bought in Bellingham because you can buy 5 watt units in the US, but we're limited to 3 watt units in Canada. The range is a few km...

I haven't done a great check on them in the bush yet. Got about 10 kms in town with poor line of sight. I find the box on this type of thing is always a lie.

Singleshotneeded
04-16-2011, 01:01 PM
Hmmm, so they probably get about three times the range of the GMRS 5 watt radios from the States, minimum 2.5...and the price isn't that high.