PDA

View Full Version : Which animals on the list?

BiG Boar
02-16-2011, 01:43 PM
On my next adventure I am heading somewhere a little different. Try to guess the country. Then tell me the animals on the list you would take and why.

Water buffalo
Red Stag
Axis Deer
Fallow Deer
Brown Brocket Deer
Cougar
White Lipped Peccary
Collared Peccary
European Mouflon
Russian Boar w/ Spear hunt
Feral Boar w/ Spear hunt
Blackbuck
Wild Goat
Texas Dall Ram
Capybara
Four, Five, or six horned ram
Dorsett Ram
Somalia Ram
Hybrid Sheep

bighornbob
02-16-2011, 03:27 PM
On my next adventure I am heading somewhere a little different. Try to guess the country. Then tell me the animals on the list you would take and why.

Water buffalo
Red Stag
Axis Deer
Fallow Deer
Brown Brocket Deer
Cougar
White Lipped Peccary
Collared Peccary
European Mouflon
Russian Boar w/ Spear hunt
Feral Boar w/ Spear hunt
Blackbuck
Wild Goat
Texas Dall Ram
Capybara
Four, Five, or six horned ram
Dorsett Ram
Somalia Ram
Hybrid Sheep

You are going to Texas. I would only hunt the Mouflon.

BHB

ThinAir
02-16-2011, 03:32 PM
x2....God bless Texas

Kody94
02-16-2011, 03:50 PM
You are going to Texas. I would only hunt the Mouflon.

BHB

Are you saying they don't have Texas Dall Rams anywhere else? :)

Kody94
02-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Texas exotics don't interest me at all, but I'd probably want to try the boar hunting, especially with a spear.

I know some ranches in Texas have eland. I'd love to shoot one there if I could bring the meat home. Best meat I've ever had.

BiG Boar
02-16-2011, 03:54 PM
Its not Texas. But a good guess. They have more blackbuck in Texas, than where they originate from.

SPEYMAN
02-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Argentina?

huntcoop
02-16-2011, 04:01 PM
http://www.argentinabighunting.com.ar/caza_mayor_ing.htm

I need to earn more money, BiG Boar, you hiring.......

Kody94
02-16-2011, 04:09 PM
Argentina makes sense with the Capybara...although it could be Uraguay. I wouldn't have guessed there would be "Texas Dalls" anywhere except Texas though!

BiG Boar
02-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Argentina?

Speyman wins! I thought the Capybara would have given it away. Just booked a dove/boar with spear, hunt there. Should be a blast! Got to get me out of this weather. Really looking forward to experiencing Argentina. It was so damn cheap I just couldnt not do it. Man I love this hunting sh*t.

bugler
02-17-2011, 08:43 PM
I'm guessing it is somewhere inside a high fence?

BillyBull
02-17-2011, 09:34 PM
Big Boar, your leaving the dream .... all over BC now taking in some out of region excitement.

luckynuts
02-19-2011, 05:16 PM
Bring lots of tape for your fingers:-D I had a buddy that went down there he's strictly a bird man and said the dove and duck shooting was out of this world. If you hit it right you won't be writing with a pen for quite some time due to all the reloading. Envious for sure! Hope you have a great time

W.

BiG Boar
02-21-2011, 12:12 AM

Is hunting inside a high fence cool?

Steeleco
02-21-2011, 08:47 AM

Some people are so positive :confused:

Dave I heard about your latest chapter in the "book" just yesterday from a mutual friend. Good for you man.

There is a member here that used to live in Richmond but now lives in Argentina. I wonder if you'll hook up.

Best of luck.

SHAKER
02-21-2011, 04:41 PM
Speyman wins! I thought the Capybara would have given it away. Just booked a dove/boar with spear, hunt there. Should be a blast! Got to get me out of this weather. Really looking forward to experiencing Argentina. It was so damn cheap I just couldnt not do it. Man I love this hunting sh*t.

Just curious... Have you practiced throwing a spear at doves yet? Sounds tough? LOL Shounds like fun adventure!

BiG Boar
02-21-2011, 11:48 PM
I have not practiced throwing the spear. It's only for the boar. However the boar is going to be practice for the spring bear season.

Would still love some opinions on which animals to take and why.

RJ
02-21-2011, 11:54 PM
I think the Peccary would be wild. Apparently they are angry as hell and can kill a person if they group up. Also, any kind of ram gets my vote, just because.

pg83
02-22-2011, 08:14 AM
Water Buffalo because all buffalo are big beastly animals that impress the hell out of me.
Reg Stag because they are a very noble looking animal. Also would look great next to the ones from NZ and Europe(I'm sure you will get there one day).
Russian Boar because it's with a spear!

ROEBUCK
02-22-2011, 09:55 AM
Argentina Would Not Be A Good Place For Me To Go Due To My English Accent.
Theres Still A Little Resentment After We Wipped There Arses Over The Falklands :mrgreen:
PLUS I F##KING HATE ARGIES

SHAKER
02-25-2011, 10:12 AM
I have not practiced throwing the spear. It's only for the boar. However the boar is going to be practice for the spring bear season.

Would still love some opinions on which animals to take and why.

Oh come on, spear hunt'n doves sounds like a good challenge to me! I don't know who your back man would be spear hunt'n bears but I'm sure I wouldn't be the first to put my hand up! But does sound entertaining for sure! Good luck down south.

Barracuda
02-25-2011, 10:28 AM
you gonna be doggin for boar?

Should be real exciteing and personal i cant wait to do that , if you can get some video of it i would love to watch it.

twr
02-25-2011, 10:35 AM

your gonna hunt bear with a spear this spring??? :mrgreen: AWESOME. make sure you get a helmet cam

Barracuda
02-25-2011, 10:37 AM
of course it is not designated as a legal means for takeing a bear but it would be interesting

BiG Boar
03-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Will have it in writing before I hunt a bear with a spear that it is legal. But I will be doggin Russian boars and using spears in Argentina for sure.

David Heitsman
03-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Argentina is on my list.

I'd go for the food and culture primarily. Like I mentioned to you, I'd take a few days in Buenos Ares to soak up the dance and historic culture of the area. Their might even be some humanitarian or philanthropic ventures one could undertake as well. The beef and how it's prepared with the skin on there is 'sposed to be superb.

As to animals,

The buffalo as you have a bison now and with a few more buffs in your trophy room you would qualify for some of the SCI rewards.

The Red stag, they aren't as grandiose as the ones from New Zealand but I'd still want to collect one if possible.

The Russian boar (with a rifle), just not sure how quickly your prey is dipatched with a spear and I wouldn't want to see a bloody mess, wouldn't want to feel a bloody mess either!

The peccary as they are an unusual animal.

The cougar, also called puma, as I think this is likely the only real free range species on the list. Make sure that there isn't a Cites issue on them from the region you are going too. I kind of remember some importation issues when I looked into it prior to going to New Zealand.

From the blackbuck on down I don't have much interest but I look forward to hearing your stories.

Make sure your innoculations are current and verify that you and your freinds have all bought out of the province medical insurance. I'd check in with Med Jet as well.

You'll be blazing a trail for us.

Boddington has a new book out on Argentina. You might want to give it a read.