PDA

View Full Version : shelt youth hunt

Deerwhacker
07-07-2006, 09:32 AM
A couple of things , I am luckey enough to have gotten one of the 6 elk draws that where availabe under youth only and i remember reading all the posts of people saying that they would put in for it.I was wondering if anyone else on the site got the same draw and also how to hunt the area(I am fully prepared to bowhunt but would like to know of any rifle opertunities in the shelt area).

Elkhound
07-07-2006, 10:37 AM
First of all I assume you mean the Sechelt elk draw. And secondly congrats, thats a beauty draw. Contact the Sunshine Coast Wildlife biologist Daryl Reynolds. Don't have his # handy. He will be more than happy to let you know where to go. We have alot of problem elk on the coast as well so there are some land owners he can put you in touch with. Your draw is archery so good luck, we have some monster elk on the coast. As for rifle, we have some blacktails here as well but check your dates, deer may be closed during your elk draw if I remember correctly.

Elkhound
07-07-2006, 11:15 AM
Okay, contact Bill. (I only have Daryl's home number and I am sure he does not want me posting that)

Sunshine Coast
6284 Sunshine Coast Hwy, Sechelt, B.C.
Telephone: (604) 885-2861
Cellular: (604) 741-3984
Email: williethewaterbug@telus.net

Bill can put you in direct contact with Daryl.

Good luck,

Deerwhacker
07-07-2006, 12:02 PM
thanks alot elkhound. my draw is for febuary so i will not beable to take a blacktail at the time of my draw forecing me to concintrate on elk.

Elkhound
07-07-2006, 12:20 PM
Thats right, those new youth draws were 2 draws in Dec, 2 in Jan, and 2 in Feb. Archery only. No rifle hunting for you. Hope you practise lots. The coast is probably one of the best spots for an archery elk as they really have not been hunted much at all

Deerwhacker
07-07-2006, 12:45 PM
it should definitly be fun. even though its a youth hunt ill be 19 and able to hunt by myself come febuary.the bow thing is no problem ive learned alot about treestanding and just about all my hunts next year are bow only .