PDA

View Full Version : 7-19 to 7-22

heybert
07-06-2006, 06:34 PM
Okay, since my bro' and I didn't get anything, we're thinking of going out around Tumbler Ridge to find moose in August. Have only hunted 7-17 and 18, so do not know what to expect in 7-19 to 22. Any help would be much appreciated. Is the area worth looking for moose or should we try to go further north, around Pink Mountain?

as an aside, did anyone here get a bull moose draw in 7-17 or 18? Haven't heard of anyone getting one yet. Been skunked for 8 years now.

Thanks again for all the help.

mainland hunter
07-06-2006, 06:58 PM
ive hunted 7-22 alot but the last two years has been riddled with pipelines and logging. last year we drove in and drove elsewhere the same day. way too busy with workers. previous years it had been good to us

PGKris
07-06-2006, 09:18 PM
Lots of moose and lots of roads. Also lots of work camps. IMO for that area your best bet is to head down the Memorial Highway SOUTH of Tumbler and go down any of the FSRs that parallel creeks. You should see some bulls. Also tons fo deer and a fair number of elk too. Make sure you buy all the tags. They got it all down there. The higher you can get the better. That's the best I can do.
Kris

heybert
07-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Thanks guys!!!

endtimerwithabow
07-07-2006, 09:05 PM
both those areas are exellent for hunting moose, elk, whities and mulies. we live in T. R. for awhile last year and everyone there got thier moose and elk tags filled. Pink Mnt and area the animal numbers are growing. Go to Back Country when in FSJ and talk to the guys or gals there and they will help you out with info.

PGKris
07-07-2006, 11:03 PM
Yeah Backcountry is great. Corlane in dawson is also really good. Backcountry has all kinds of maps. Big bonus.