PDA

View Full Version : Beginner - Schedule "C" help?

brazen
02-13-2011, 06:22 PM
Hi, new to hunting BC, having some 'Schedule C' questions, before I confuse myself,

the synopsis (p14) says
"You do not need a hunting licence to hunt or kill the following Schedule "C" wildlife:" then lists certain particular frogs, turtles, possum, rabbits, squirrels, birds,
but
"You do need a hunting licence..."except on your own property...particular crows, magpie, cowbird.

CORE manual (p258) says
"Hunting these (Schedule "C" animals) requires a hunting licence.
(p333) repeats the same licence requirement for all Schedule C birds, including the particular sparrow, starling and dove, and also indicates 'all species of crow except ravens' - are there only two - Northwestern and American?

In the synopsis, are those Schedules B and C in their entirety, or are they available as separate more complete documents elsewhere, and is it the CORE manual which is 'off', or am I just confused?

Surrey Boy
02-13-2011, 06:29 PM
I'd think the CORE manual needs an update. Same with the videos they show during the course.

elkdom
02-13-2011, 06:35 PM
the Current BC HUNTING REGULATIONS are a condensed version of the BC Wildlife Act, and that is the REGULATIONS/LAWS

Bow Walker
02-13-2011, 06:59 PM
You do need a firearms license (P.A.L.) even on your own land, but you do not need any species license(s) or tags for sched C animals.

And likely the CORE manual does need an update - woulldn't surprise me at all.

Stresd
02-14-2011, 10:26 AM
Page 14 of the Hunting Regs
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/1012/docs/Hunting-TrappingSynopsis_1012Part1.pdf

CanuckShooter
02-14-2011, 10:44 AM
You do need a firearms license (P.A.L.) even on your own land, but you do not need any species license(s) or tags for sched C animals.

And likely the CORE manual does need an update - woulldn't surprise me at all.

Would he need a PAL on his own land if using a slingshot??

Bow Walker
02-14-2011, 05:44 PM
Hehehe... good one. Slingshots aren't a licensable weapon - hell they aren't even considered a 'weapon' as far as I know. I've got two of them, both homemade. They are great tools for practicing "instinctive shooting" as in archery.

brazen
02-16-2011, 08:57 PM
There is a youtube fellow who cinches a crossbow? whisker biscuit into the Y of his slingshot, and pokes a golf tee into the end of an arrow for grip for launching, he is enthusiastic about the accuracy of this unit, it can still be used as a slingshot by bending the biscuit out of the way. I think that's neat.

Since you guys seem good humoured, can I ask another question? Synopsis says No Hunting Areas include within 100 meters of...building occupied by persons or domestic animals...the only exception is slaughtering your livestock. Does this mean for example by law on your own farmland you could hunt a raccoon or coyote or deer near your henhouse, but not near your house or doghouse, assuming you're distanced from the road and neighbors? Is that what that means for example?

Bow Walker
02-17-2011, 10:22 AM
Your hen house is full of "domestic animals" so I doubt that you could do it that close.