PDA

View Full Version : Eberlestock J34 What Do You Think

leadpillproductions
02-13-2011, 03:27 PM
This pack can zip in a external pack and you got almost 8000ci
http://www.eberlestock.com/J34%20Just%20One.htm

300rum700
02-13-2011, 05:08 PM
I have the J 107 and it is border line with a big load in it and it is a stiffer pack than the J34. The problem is when you really load it and put the duffle on the outside it becomes unstable with that much weight on the outside of the pack. They are good packs that will do anything but are not specialized for anyhthing, Ive used mine from anything from day hikes to packing for week long sheep hunts to packing full moose quarters. I would go with the J107 for the simple fact that the frame sheet is stiffer and more suited for the heavier loads.

troutseeker
02-13-2011, 05:27 PM
I had a J104 with the spike duffel. I used it as a day pack and hauled a whole boned out deer in it (only 98 pounds). It was not the most comfy pack. I then went goat hunting and hauled 130 pounds of goat meat/cape/head. That load just sucked... The J104 did fit me properly but just did not like a heavy load.

They are good packs and will do the job, but I think there are better packs out there.

I now use a MR6500 and it carries 75 pounds really well, I hope to test it with a full load this coming sheep season...

swampthing
02-13-2011, 07:50 PM
I run the 107 and really like it. I use mine for short overnight trips and as a daypack. It works really well. I find it carries 100lb fine. I am sure there are better packs for extended day sheep type hunts but it isnt a bad choice either. I have added all their accessories. The rifle carrier works good except that it hangs below your butt which makes sitting tough. I like the spike duffell system. It does put the weight a bit far back so be sure to put your light items in it. I reccomend it and feel it is one of my "high end" items.

leadpillproductions
02-13-2011, 07:56 PM
thanks guy the 107 does look a bit better

chevboy1978
02-15-2011, 09:45 AM
I find my j34 works good, but the straps cut into your shoulders with a heavy pack.

tankster
02-15-2011, 09:50 AM
definatly go with the j107 the top part comes off for a neat little waist pack also. just make sure to get the zip in liner and the spike duffle and you have yourself a really decent system

Howy
02-15-2011, 01:15 PM
the biggest problem with the j34 is there is no back sheet. every time i loaded the thing it would turn into a barrell on my back. the more you sinch it down the worse it got. my bro and several other friends owned or own 107s and complain of the some thing. The packs are build tough but i found both to be very uncomfortable.also once loaded right up most of the weight tends to sit way out behind you instead of close to your body and really pulls backward. really check them out before buying. see if you dealer will let you load it up with 40lb of stuff before you decide

huntcoop
02-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Find a J105 and buy that instead.