PDA

View Full Version : Wintering grounds

savagecanuck
02-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Today in Kelowna while heading up HWY 33 to go sledding I saw a very large # of muleys wintering on the south facing slopes.Probably 75-100.I usually always see them there but this am there was more than usual.Farther up the Hwy in the Joe Rich area where the WT and I saw at least 30 of them on my way up to the Greystokes.Looks like they are all surviving nicely.I saw nothing with antlers as they must have all shed by now.It was nice to see the large #'s of healthy deer browsing.When I came back thru at noon I never saw 1 deer,all prob further up the hill lazing about in the sun chewing there cud

OutWest
02-12-2011, 10:09 PM
There's always lots of mulies up on Marshalls. Been working up Goudie and theres hundreds of mulies out on the range each day. Still lots of small guys packing.

mark
02-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Today in Kelowna while heading up HWY 33 to go sledding I saw a very large # of muleys wintering on the south facing slopes.Probably 75-100.I usually always see them there but this am there was more than usual.Farther up the Hwy in the Joe Rich area where the WT and I saw at least 30 of them on my way up to the Greystokes.Looks like they are all surviving nicely.I saw nothing with antlers as they must have all shed by now.It was nice to see the large #'s of healthy deer browsing.When I came back thru at noon I never saw 1 deer,all prob further up the hill lazing about in the sun chewing there cud

So much snow higher up this year, the deer have been pushed to the low lands, lots to be seen along the highways lately as well!
The big boys are still hanging alot higher up I can assure ya! :wink:

GoatGuy
02-12-2011, 10:51 PM
Keep your eyes peeled for elk up that stretch as well.:wink: