kubiwest@telus.net ph-250-426-6993

never met this guy but he posted on here that he wanted to buy sheds

.300WSMImpact!
02-13-2011, 05:20 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=61936

here is the post

Buckmeister
02-13-2011, 06:14 PM
We talked to him at the Lumby show. I think he said around $2/pound or so. Quite low as someone a few years back was paying $10/pound. Seemed like he was more interested in antique buying. Price might be going up though, he said they are grinding the antlers up for dog food. So if demand goes up, so should price.

CanuckShooter
02-13-2011, 09:00 PM
We talked to him at the Lumby show. I think he said around $2/pound or so. Quite low as someone a few years back was paying $10/pound. Seemed like he was more interested in antique buying. Price might be going up though, he said they are grinding the antlers up for dog food. So if demand goes up, so should price.

He probably has a couple of bridges for sale too.....:-D...dog food my arse.

Buckmeister
02-13-2011, 09:56 PM

Don't knock it, should be a great source of minerals. Heard of lots of dogs who chew on antlers. Just Google "antlers dog chews".

.300WSMImpact!
02-13-2011, 10:00 PM
I have heard they grind them up for herbal remedies, specially elk,

CanuckShooter
02-13-2011, 10:03 PM
Don't knock it, should be a great source of minerals. Heard of lots of dogs who chew on antlers. Just Google "antlers dog chews".

antlerbuyers usually pay 7-12$ per pound for brown antlers[not sun faded sheds]......at least the ones I dealt with. If your selling your antlers to this fellow for $2lb your setting him up for a healthy profit....fill your boots.:mrgreen:

dana
02-13-2011, 10:19 PM

That was before they invented that little blue pill.:mrgreen:

elkdom
02-13-2011, 10:24 PM

that was for "soft antlers in velvet",

most dry droped antlers go to hobbyists and craftsmen, artists etc,

prices have been lower the last couple years,

moose2
02-13-2011, 10:26 PM
It has been along time since sheds were worth the ten dollars a pound range. The last few years have been low if someone offers you $3.50 or better a pound for brown elk $5 for brown moose and $7 for brown 4point or better deer your probaly doing well. Antlers are usually bought in 3 grades
#1 new brown no major breaks, cracks or chews

#2 usually a year old white on one side can have small chews or cracks

#3 white on both sides with some damage or one of the other grades with lots of damage.

some buyers call chalked antlers # 4 and will pay about 25 cents a pound these are any thing that resembles an anler that will stay together

These prices are for craft antlers trophy sheds can be worth more.
Good luck shed hunting this year
Mike

shed-hunter1
02-13-2011, 10:56 PM
that kubiwest guy only buys premium antler kinda weird he would grind them up as he wont buy white sheds looking to unload about 800 pounds of antler

mark
02-19-2011, 11:19 AM

Why dont you look up what a lil 4" piece of elk antler sells for in pet food stores????

antlerbuyers usually pay 7-12$ per pound for brown antlers[not sun faded sheds]......at least the ones I dealt with. If your selling your antlers to this fellow for $2lb your setting him up for a healthy profit....fill your boots.:mrgreen:

What decade was the last time you dealt with one???
Maybe you could give us a contact of someone who pays such prices!

dana
02-19-2011, 11:49 AM
Mark,
In the 90's they were paying as high as $15 a pound for brown moose sheds. There were guys buying jet boats and paying for them in one year's worth of sheds. Those days are long gone. Now you are lucky to get $20 bucks for a good brown moose paddle regardless of weight.

CanuckShooter
02-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Why dont you look up what a lil 4" piece of elk antler sells for in pet food stores????

What decade was the last time you dealt with one???
Maybe you could give us a contact of someone who pays such prices!

Ok, been awhile, I stand corrected!!.....just like gold,,,,:mrgreen: hang on the prices will recover!!