PDA

View Full Version : Scammer - North Surrey Quality Meats

Woodpile
02-12-2011, 07:04 PM
SCREWED!!!! My buddy just went in to North Surrey Quality Meats today to finally pick up his moose. When he got there all that was given him was 120lbs of ground and 8 or so lbs of misc mystery cuts. The bear he also brought in was sitting in the corner in a cube still whole. The lady who apparently now runs it said the guy was a coke head and sold all the reast of his meat. The only number to call was this guys mother. She apparently wants to make it all better. He called her and she was upset, but noting resolved. The lady now at the store apprently just took over receivership and there was an asset sale or something. Not totally sure how all that works. She did give him the meat for free and said she would do the bear for free, but man did he get the raw end of the deal.

My buddy just phoned while I was writing this and the lady from NSQM called and said she found his original slip and called the old owner. The old owner said he could not believe it and doesn't know what happened. She said she would get him to call my buddy. I told him to get his number and address and go talk face to face with this loser.

Anyone else have this happen and get any answers or resolutions?

elkdom
02-12-2011, 07:16 PM
today is Feb 12, 2011, without checking every page of the 2010 BC Hunting Regs, a ball park estimate for me would be to say that the latest Moose season has been over since Mid November, 2010 ,,????

Now on Feb 12th 2011,,,,you say ????

quote;"your buddy went to pick up his moose meat:??? WTF,

3 months goes by before he picks up his moose meat!:confused:

not many butchers, no matter who they are! would keep game meat that long without prior approval and arrangements,,???

something wrong with your buddy if he didnt request his meat returned finished after 2 weeks!

something besides the meat in this story smells strange!:-?

NitwiT
02-12-2011, 07:45 PM
Is the old owner the cokehead? or was the butcher working for the old owner a coke head and sold meat on his own accord? The lady that runs it now is the new owner? or just an employee? Whats "this guy's mother" have to do with it? and which guy does this refer too?

also what elkdom said..

A little confused here..

f350ps
02-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Old owner is the Cokie and Mommies bailing him out, probably not the first time! K

NitwiT
02-12-2011, 08:19 PM
ok, and he turned the business over to the lady thats the new owner now?

Spy
02-12-2011, 08:35 PM
today is Feb 12, 2011, without checking every page of the 2010 BC Hunting Regs, a ball park estimate for me would be to say that the latest Moose season has been over since Mid November, 2010 ,,????

Now on Feb 12th 2011,,,,you say ????

quote;"your buddy went to pick up his moose meat:??? WTF,

3 months goes by before he picks up his moose meat!:confused:

not many butchers, no matter who they are! would keep game meat that long without prior approval and arrangements,,???

something wrong with your buddy if he didnt request his meat returned finished after 2 weeks!

something besides the meat in this story smells strange!:-?

X2 on that!:confused:After all that has happened I would think twice before I ate any of this meat! More to this story for sure! It sure does smell off!:confused:

Pioneerman
02-12-2011, 08:41 PM
I guess since we are asking about the story, how can his bar be sitting htere whole that he brought in, do you mean it was boned and frozern from before and in a box, cause that season has been over for a while too hasn't it ? Hope he gets everything back, but doesn't sound good

Big Pops
02-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Hmmm sounds alot like what happened to our friend... Went in to pick up his deer, the guy says it's not ready and to come back in a few months so he goes back and the butcher saysto come back in a week or two because he's been really busy, so he does and not ready. Says to come back in 3 days and it'll be ready. He comes back 3-4days later and asks the person at he counter for his meat and she goes and checks,comes back and tells him that it's not back their. He tells the front desk personthat he brough it in a cooler and to go check if that's atleast back there. When she comes back she tells him there is only one cooler and not the 2 that he had originally brought in... So now he's really pissed off, until she tells him that his meat was rotting in the cooler the whole time.ok...great. "Is this guy on drugs or something?" and was told to call the health inspector, so he did and they are now being shut down!! Just thought id let you guys know what happened.
-BP

NaStY
02-12-2011, 09:56 PM
Hmmm sounds alot like what happened to our friend... Went in to pick up his deer, the guy says it's not ready and to come back in a few months so he goes back and the butcher saysto come back in a week or two because he's been really busy, so he does and not ready. Says to come back in 3 days and it'll be ready. He comes back 3-4days later and asks the person at he counter for his meat and she goes and checks,comes back and tells him that it's not back their. He tells the front desk personthat he brough it in a cooler and to go check if that's atleast back there. When she comes back she tells him there is only one cooler and not the 2 that he had originally brought in... So now he's really pissed off, until she tells him that his meat was rotting in the cooler the whole time.ok...great. "Is this guy on drugs or something?" and was told to call the health inspector, so he did and they are now being shut down!! Just thought id let you guys know what happened.
-BP

Really guys, a few months go by and you still didnt pick up your meat? Way more to both these story's. I would be banging down the doors after 2 weeks.....

Never mind found the answer on another thread....

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=56907