PDA

View Full Version : Arrows dropping in the rain: Solved!

Stéphane
02-12-2011, 11:17 AM
Man o man, I was getting aggravated today. I started to shoot then after a 1/2 hour, my arrows began to drop. At 30 yards, almost a foot!!!!! At first, I thought it was the rain, since every time it happened, it was raining. Indoor, I had no issues whatsoever.
Today, it barely fell a few drops and it was only sometime after that that they began dropping, and significantly.

Lucky for me, one of the guy at my pro shop happened to be there. So I went to him and I thought it was my slider. He looked at it and he suggested that it might be because my string (which will be replaced this month) was stretching in the colder temperature and messed with my drop away. So he drew my bow and sure enough, my drop away wasn't rising high enough anymore. I adjusted the drop away string and bingo! Back on target. Can't wait to replace the string now. My draw length is also out wack.

Bow Walker
02-12-2011, 11:23 AM
Very frustrating shooting a bow that isn't tuned properly. Sometimes it's just not possible to get back to the bow shop or tech to solve problems. That's one of the main reasons I got into doing my own work.

Mostly self-taught and I have a thing about tweaking and perfecting my setup(s) so I pick up tech stuff like a Swiffer Duster picks up dust bunnies.:wink:

Ike
02-15-2011, 10:50 AM
...So he drew my bow and sure enough, my drop away wasn't rising high enough anymore. I adjusted the drop away string and bingo! Back on target. Can't wait to replace the string now. My draw length is also out wack.

Stephane, If I read that correctly your drop away rest cord is sliding on the downward cable in the rain? If so it is probably due to the reduced friction by water and if you tie it down more securely it will stay put. On my G5 rest it took me a lot of serving to keep the cord from sliding up the cable.

Cheers

Bow Walker
02-15-2011, 05:58 PM
I doubt that the rain had much to do with the drop away cord moving/slipping. It just happened to be raining when he was shooting and having these problems.

Glad it's fixed Stephane.

Ike
02-15-2011, 11:35 PM
I just know that lots of things are slippery when wet.... ;)
Definitely the cord sliding is not bad no matter what the cause, glad it was a simple fix.

Cheers