PDA

View Full Version : Semiahamo Flatfield 3d Shoot

Ruger4
02-11-2011, 07:41 AM
I'll be in Vancouver the weekend of your March shoot , just wondering if anyone had any details on the shoot , where ? , layout etc , kid friendly , all that stuff

Thanx
Rob in Kelowna

Ruger4
02-14-2011, 02:17 PM
anyone :(......

dave*
02-14-2011, 10:32 PM
Semiahmoo Rod and gun club
nice clubhouse and the Semiahmoo guys ( Stan and company ) generally do pretty decent food.

Of all the local shoots Semiahmoo is probably the most kid friendly. Nice and flat to walk around, literally a walk in the park.

As this is labelled as a "flat field" they may be planning on a firing line with targets scattered on the field, this early in the season the usual firing lines of their course may just be a little to swampy to set targets out in.

Location is a bit east of Whiterock and south of surrey, a quick trip to google maps should get the exact location

Not my home club but you were asking for some info....

D*

The Hermit
02-15-2011, 12:01 AM
Oh and go early or stay after and play the Semi golf course!!! Its a great track!

BiG Boar
03-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Anyone eles going? I going to try and make it out. Think it's starts at 10

BiG Boar
03-07-2011, 08:59 AM
The shoot was a lot of fun, weather was perfect. Everything was going well for my first 4 targets. Then 2 screws in my cam slipped. It took some time with the Boorman guy to be sure of the problem but it was tightened up and fixed there. Man that was frusterating. Then I had to re-sight in on the range downstairs and gave er a second time. My groups went back together and the problem was solved. Ended up shooting over 190. This was my second time shooting a 3d. It was a lot of fun. I will be back again for sure. Great club also that Semiahamo.

Bow Walker
03-07-2011, 09:23 AM
One good reason that I always go over my equipment the night before a shoot. You never know what's loose, or going to finally give up.

Glad you got the problem fixed and were able to continue.

BiG Boar
03-07-2011, 10:24 AM
One good reason that I always go over my equipment the night before a shoot. You never know what's loose, or going to finally give up.

Glad you got the problem fixed and were able to continue.

Lesson learned. Tighten everything before a shoot.

The problem is inherant with the design of my bow. PSE did fix it with a metal attachment, however that was removed by Wayne at big game archery as he said it wasnt neccesary and nothing could move. I paid him for a $50 bow tune up and my bow is now gouged and I blew a competitive shoot, not to mention lost arrows in the grass. Now I may even have to buy a new cam as the gouge may create a re-occuring problem.

Buck TraX
03-07-2011, 10:40 AM

The problem is inherant with the design of my bow. PSE did fix it with a metal attachment, however that was removed by Wayne at big game archery as he said it wasnt neccesary and nothing could move. I paid him for a $50 bow tune up and my bow is now gouged and I blew a competitive shoot, not to mention lost arrows in the grass. Now I may even have to buy a new cam as the gouge may create a re-occuring problem.

That sucks about you bow and the shoot
but your quote always makes me LMAO!! no matter how many times i read it funny s#&t

markt308
03-07-2011, 10:54 AM
Hey guys whats the date and time of the shoot?? I didnt see it in the above posts. thanks!

BiG Boar
03-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Yesterday at 10 am. There is one at Ridgedale on this Sunday morning though.

Bow Walker
03-08-2011, 10:53 AM

Have you talked to Wayne about this issue since then?

BiG Boar
03-08-2011, 11:06 AM
Nope I havn't yet. I don't like to bash a retailer without giving him a chance as he will probably fix the problem for me. I was just stating the truth about what happened. We will wait and see.

Bow Walker
03-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Would you let "us" know the outcome? I'm almost positive that it'll be a good one for you as Wayne is (or has been) rated as a "stand-up guy". If "We" are to plug him and/or his business, it's good to know the results of stuff like this.