PDA

View Full Version : Skeletal remains found near Ruby Creek FSR

seanps
02-10-2011, 08:14 PM
This just came out. Anyone hear of any hunters that have gone missing in this area, or see anything unusual last season?

Skeletal remains found near Hope
THE PROVINCE

Forensic experts are combing a patch of forest near Hope after the discovery of human skeletal remains near a gravel logging road on Wednesday.

Two men out for an afternoon trip near Ruby Creek, about 15 kilometres west of Hope, made the grisly discovery Wednesday afternoon, Cpl. Dale Carr of the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team said.

“They were just up there doing some scavenging and being outdoorsy people when they came across what they felt were human remains,” Carr said Thursday. Agassiz RCMP were dispatched to the scene. followed by the BC Coroners Service, IHIT and a forensic team.

“Due to the nature of the terrain — it’s pretty rough — they’re going to be there for a couple of days,” he said.

Police say the body was found in the bush away from the road and appears to have been there for a long time. Once the area is cleared by a forensic team a pathologist will be called in to investigate the scene, while police will check missing-persons reports.

There are no overt signs of foul play, Carr said.

Carr wouldn’t say whether the person had been carrying a hunting gun, backpack or other identifying clothing or outdoor gear.

stanway
02-10-2011, 08:23 PM
That's interesting. I haven't heard anything yet. That's pretty close to home.

seanps
02-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Here's the link:

http://www.theprovince.com/Body+found+near+Hope/4261943/story.html

Trapper D
02-10-2011, 08:47 PM
That's interesting. I haven't heard anything yet. That's pretty close to home.
used to fish for cutties in there when i was a kid, lots of bears in there, was anyways. good fishing to, was creepy in there from what i remember.

elkdom
02-10-2011, 09:01 PM
probably the remains of "the Hunted" rather than a "Hunter",

this is about the 3rd corpse found in the last week in the GVA :-|

fearnodeer
02-11-2011, 08:11 AM
Makes you think that maybe you should tell someone were you are going before you leave

M.Dean
02-11-2011, 12:41 PM
I think your best bet is, if your in the Drug trade and someone say's" Lets go for a ride"! Run like hell!!!

JohnS
02-11-2011, 12:53 PM
I think your best bet is, if your in the Drug trade and someone say's" Lets go for a ride"! Run like hell!!!

lol! good point I agree.

Phil
02-11-2011, 04:48 PM
I remember a guy going missing a few years back in that area after running from police. Maybe the same guy???