PDA

View Full Version : Conflicting 3D dates

Canuck2
02-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Boy, this is a tough one. It seems as though we are victims of our own success, as 3D appears to be having a major resurgence in popularity, including getting more and more kids involved now. That's a great thing, as it allows for lots of choice and possibly shorter travel distances from some locations. But I guess it's a 2-edged sword as conflicting dates in fairly close communities seem hard to avoid.

This year, Salmon Arm and Kelowna are apparently looking at the same weekend. I've shot Salmon Arm a number of times and figure it is one of the best, so I hope it can still go ahead. In the past couple of years, however, several new locations have been added to the mix, Grand Forks being one of them. I also hear that Rock Creek is getting back onto the scene this year - more on that in the next day or two as I believe a date is just being confirmed.

Please note that the schedule I post is simply for (hopefully) everyone's convenience. I don't have any set date when to start building it, nor do I have any input as to what date any particular club wants (except Grand Forks). Folks just start to inform me of their events when they get them figured and I put them up as received.

As always, please make sure an event will take place as scheduled before traveling and finding out it has been rescheduled or canceled. To paraphrase Ted Peck (anybody remember him?) - Tight strings and straight shooting.

Vader
02-10-2011, 02:43 PM
It's nice to have choices. Had a busy enough sched last year. I may be able to drag the son and grandkids out to a few as they will eventually line up with his rotating shift. Be good to see the numbers up as in days gone by.
Sorry I haven't contributed much to the sched this year. I have been more than a little over pre-occupied with work. Cardinal sin. Good to see those I was going to dig up are already on your list.

hardnocks
02-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Canauk 2 ...you say this year..this would have been our 14th year with the same dates .

We will back off . for the good of 3d in the valley. But we are a little pi$$ed to say the least .

Ruger4
02-10-2011, 05:12 PM
It's nice to have choices. Had a busy enough sched last year. I may be able to drag the son and grandkids out to a few as they will eventually line up with his rotating shift. Be good to see the numbers up as in days gone by.
Sorry I haven't contributed much to the sched this year. I have been more than a little over pre-occupied with work. Cardinal sin. Good to see those I was going to dig up are already on your list.

Yes indeed Vader , good to see the numbers up again, I see Chase and Rock Creek have just gone ahead and booked their shoots as well, good for you guys !! Look forward to them

Jonas111
02-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Canauk 2 ...you say this year..this would have been our 14th year with the same dates .

We will back off . for the good of 3d in the valley. But we are a little pi$$ed to say the least .

I'm fairly new to all this but I didn't realize that you had particular weekend booked and didn't have to put it in the schedule. I would think if you want your weekend you should be able to book that time slot early and maintain your weekend.

With 3d growing everyone should try and get there particular weekends early and anyone wanting to start a new one can try and work around it.

Salmon arm was one of my favorites last year and i planned on camping ther this year. Bit of a bummer but nothing to be pissed about.

bowhunterbruce
02-10-2011, 08:12 PM
wow,who would have thought we would become victims of our own success.
personally for myself when i got involved with the kelowna fish and game shoot returning after a long time absence in the valley ,i took the time to study the previous few years archery events that jack had so kindly taken the time to compile and keep updated.i then phoned a few of them to confirm weather or not they were having a shoot in the upcomming year.
do to the kelowna fish and game club being pre booked with a wide aray of events throught the year we needed to have a date set at the clubs nov meeting that year.
do to the vernon club shutting down we confirmed that first date back would replace thiers.all was good.
now we have gotten to the point where, what we might need is a complete list of all the participating clubs and thier contact numbers and accually make up a somewhat formal scheduled so that every club has thier set dates.
wouldn't that be cool if there was enough forethought that every club and organization that was prepared to hold a 3d shoot could have thier very own date or dates year in and year out. not only could we do a shoot every weekend throughout the season but every one would be able to make it to each others event and accually help in the supporting side of it as well.
hell maybe even a few more of the shooters would accually stick around for some form of entertainment amongest everyone.
for those of us that have done the weekend type shoots (2 days) know how much fun can be had while camping at the same time as well as bringing the family together ,its awsome.
well ive said my thoughts
any other ideas or brainstorms out there
bhb

willyqbc
02-14-2011, 08:02 AM
What we have done up here in the past is have a couple executive members from the clubs all get together after the 3D season is over and work things out. We discussed strengths and weaknesses of each others shoots to help everybody improve, set schedules to avoid conflicts etc, etc. Seemed to work pretty good....the last thing you want to do is end up conflicting with another local club....just shooting yourself in the foot that way.

Chris

Ruger4
02-14-2011, 12:12 PM
What we have done up here in the past is have a couple executive members from the clubs all get together after the 3D season is over and work things out. We discussed strengths and weaknesses of each others shoots to help everybody improve, set schedules to avoid conflicts etc, etc. Seemed to work pretty good....the last thing you want to do is end up conflicting with another local club....just shooting yourself in the foot that way.

Chris

Good idea Chris,

How about a B.C.3.D.A. with a rep from each region to act on behalf of the respective region's clubs and associations ?

Bowzone_Mikey
02-14-2011, 01:59 PM
Alberta tried that starting in 2005 ... it folded last year as the political BS that allready existed in Albertas archery enviroment (ABA, ATAA and another organization... i cant recall the exact name of right now) spilled over into the 3DAA.

just make certain that if an organization like this does go forth that the BCAA, UBBC etc.... dont get their panties in a bunch (sort to speak). and I would be extremly interested in furthering the sport of 3d archery in BC