PDA

View Full Version : I Apologise re-(screw-you)

fearnodeer
02-09-2011, 09:02 PM
I read a recent thread about an unhappy member who is now kicked off the site. I submitted a threat scew - you in response to gateway taking one of my posts of the site but after reading this guys thread made me realize that when i made the comment scew you i was out of line. I feel that a warning shot should maybe fired at new members such as myself if they are out of line, but being self imployed i know someone has to make a decission of what is right and what is wroung, so it is what it is and i do not want the job. My dad always told me there are three sides to every story, yours, mine and the truth. I guess that is why we have judges or in my case a wife. By the way i like the name (scew-you) could i have this as a handle ?

Thanks Guys

BiG Boar
02-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Ya, consider a spell checker and leave any segregation at the door. This isn't the 1970's. Hey we all make bad remarks once in a while, some of us just decide to put them In writing. This place would turn into a big sh•t show if there were no moderators. I for one would not enjoy reading responses, and would likley not participate.

Gateholio
02-10-2011, 01:37 AM
It's refreshing to see someone re-think their reaction to an infraction, read the rules and apologize.

It's incredible to see some of the venomous comments I get in PM's replying to an infraction. It's like I gave the guy a $1000 fine and took his hunting license away, when in fact it's really just a reminder to "smarten up" and they expire in 10 days anyway.

In 90% of the cases people respond that I am a swine, I am unfair, I suck, I am a bully, I am destroying HBC, blah blah blah. Well, if you were warned several times to not insult others, and you ignored the warnings, sorry, you get the infraction.

10% of the people say "I knew I was going to get nailed for that comment but I had to get it of my chest" and frankly, I can respect that completely.

Take them for what they are worth....I didn't steal your truck, shoot your dog and drink your beer, it's just an intraweb infraction. If you get that worked up about it, maybe you should rethink your use of the internet....

hunter1947
02-10-2011, 03:22 AM
This site would not be like it is and might not exist if the rules where not in place its kind of like if there where no cops what would happen you know what I am getting at ,this goes for HBC same kind of thing.

Members that break the rules get an infraction this is a time out to think about what you did wrong ,every one of us on HBC can make a mistake including myself on what we can say on this site and thats why we have mods to keep this site in line ,keep up the good work mods we all need you here ,thanks http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif..

Blainer
02-10-2011, 07:25 AM
It's refreshing to see someone re-think their reaction to an infraction, read the rules and apologize.

It's incredible to see some of the venomous comments I get in PM's replying to an infraction. It's like I gave the guy a $1000 fine and took his hunting license away, when in fact it's really just a reminder to "smarten up" and they expire in 10 days anyway.

In 90% of the cases people respond that I am a swine, I am unfair, I suck, I am a bully, I am destroying HBC, blah blah blah. Well, if you were warned several times to not insult others, and you ignored the warnings, sorry, you get the infraction.

10% of the people say "I knew I was going to get nailed for that comment but I had to get it of my chest" and frankly, I can respect that completely.

Take them for what they are worth....I didn't steal your truck, shoot your dog and drink your beer, it's just an intraweb infraction. If you get that worked up about it, maybe you should rethink your use of the internet....but would you drink our beer givin' the opportunity?

gerrygoat
02-10-2011, 08:16 AM
If you ever want to see a site that has little moderation on it check out 24hourcampfire, it's not pretty at all. HBC is a great place to visit and I hope it stays that way. Now if only some of the sheep boys would behave themselves more, HBC would be even better :)

bearhunter338-06
02-10-2011, 08:49 AM
The part that gets my dander up is the ones that only reed part of the post, then through there negative comment at you. If they would finish the post before there comment then make there statement, then you wouldn't have to call them an idiot, and get scolded for telling him the truth.....:-)