PDA

View Full Version : Shed Hunt

hunter1947
02-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Just got in the door from a 4 hour shed hunt ,got skunked nothing but got a good work out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYHxDS6TXbw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9gBYBUxOtw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMcW9TBJ7-E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blc0jLeV_m4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agiB2X_3QXE

urbanhermit
02-08-2011, 01:06 PM
shouldnt be shootin un armed sheds Wayne.

Matty_ola
02-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Got mine from Rona, wasn't really much of a workout either.

warnniklz
02-08-2011, 01:23 PM
I built one from scratch... that was a work out.

ufishifish2
02-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Two feet of snow on mine right now but I can still find it! Your back yard must be huge Wayne!!!

hunter1947
02-08-2011, 01:47 PM
I am just posting some videos on you tub from todays outing will be on this thread as soon as they are done.

Matty_ola
02-08-2011, 06:28 PM
I am just posting some videos on you tub from todays outing will be on this thread as soon as they are done.

:cry:I don't think he thinks were very funny:cry:

Jelvis
02-08-2011, 09:28 PM
Those are awesome videos 47, keep it going man. I want to do that too with a camera and it's motivating me to get one. What kind is dat?
His Jellness. 47 is the MAN.

deeks1989
02-08-2011, 09:31 PM
Good vids Wayne good to see ya out there getting in shape before I come so you can keep up haha Just Kidding. See ya in the spring big guy!:-D

bigneily
02-08-2011, 09:44 PM
Eager hills sucks for sheds, Lots of does, occasional bucks. I've travelled lots of miles with minimal results:confused:.

BlacktailStalker
02-08-2011, 10:16 PM
You'll find some Wayner and if you don't, you're out where you want to be and staying in shape.

hunter1947
02-09-2011, 04:19 AM
You'll find some Wayner and if you don't, you're out where you want to be and staying in shape.

Big Man that is the way I look at it and me keeping in shape at my age makes it easer to get around and find that dream bull elk I am looking for..

I am amazed on how I feel this morning after walking the mountains for 4hr yesterday ,no sore mussels anywhere guess I am in not to bad a shape for an old fart :wink:..

I have been told of a few good shed areas over by the bull river area Jaffray ,will hit them areas soon..

hunter1947
02-09-2011, 04:28 AM
Eager hills sucks for sheds, Lots of does, occasional bucks. I've travelled lots of miles with minimal results:confused:.

bigneily I have to agree the next time I head out it will be in the flat land around the bull river area ,Jaffray area an old timer a lot older then me lived in Jaffray for many years and has told me where the elk winter around a few places in this area..:wink:

bigneily
02-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Wayne good on you for being out in the brush in the first place:-D , The bull is a great place for bone. You'll have to start soon tho , lots of competition out that way later in the spring. Good luck Neil

Alpine85
02-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Hit those slopes above Elko

hunter1947
02-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Hit those slopes above Elko

Its funny you suggested this ,d6dan said the same thing to me when I was talking to him ,thanks :wink:..

Jelvis
02-09-2011, 05:13 PM
I guess it's called Elko because there's so many rabbits there. lol. Turn on the lights.
LOL what about Elkford? They forded the river the rabbits did lmao, lol.
Where do you live exactly hunter1947? What's the towns name?
Jelvis from kammy, what mu do you hunt for the bulls the bull rabbits? lollolhahahhaha lol
Hey what town do you live in and what mu do you hunt? Truth or Consequences. ........Tell me Wayne.

hunter1947
02-10-2011, 03:36 AM
I guess it's called Elko because there's so many rabbits there. lol. Turn on the lights.
Jelvis from kammy, what mu do you hunt for the bulls the bull rabbits? lollolhahahhaha lol
Hey what town do you live in and what mu do you hunt? Truth or Consequences. ........Tell me Wayne.

Jel I live in two places one is the bush the other is just outside Cranbrook ,I should rent my place out for the summer late fall make some money to pay for the gas :mrgreen:.

Mikey Rafiki
02-10-2011, 03:01 PM
Stay away from Elko. Everything has dropped and been picked up. Trust me.

Darksith
02-10-2011, 09:41 PM
however long that took to watch, are minutes in my life I'll never get back. Maybe put a disclaimer on your post saying don't watch unless you are absolutely bored...no sheds here

Seeadler
02-12-2011, 12:09 PM

Elkford is probably a make up name from ELK River and FORDing Coal or FORDing River.

Elko is probably inspired by Elko, Nevada and the Elk River.

Some others in the area; Kimberley - after Kimberley, South Africa (Cape Colony at the time, and which Kimberlite is named for). Cranbrook - after Cranbrook in England. Sparwood - maybe to do with lumber for ships. Natal - after Natal in South Africa. Fernie - after William Fernie. Fort Steele - after Sam Steele.

Jelvis
02-12-2011, 01:39 PM
What we got here a History Major in the East Koots wholley cow, pritty dang good tho seeantlerz lol ..
What about the Elk River any white swans at White Swan or any moose at Alces alces.
Lol just jerkin yer chain sorry east kooters are cool all the way deep down.
Jel .. I like them easterners .. Koots .. Cranbrerry Brook Rocks! .. Wasa Lake Jake .. Road Closuresrcool..
........ Quinn Creek all the way or or the Albert River folks

livingston
02-12-2011, 07:11 PM
I saw some elk in Sparwood today little bulls still with headgear.Little 2 point muley in Fernie with on side dropped off though.

open-sights
02-13-2011, 10:32 AM
All deer/moose between Pr. Rupert to Pr. George and south to the coast still had headgear as of 3 days ago.