PDA

View Full Version : Snow Geese!

fowlweather
02-07-2011, 10:28 PM
does anyone know approximately when they come in the lower mainland? i know the season for them is FEB 20 - MAR 10, i have never been and am willing to try. i know where to go but i need to know when they come.
i wont shoot all of them

f350ps
02-07-2011, 11:03 PM
They're geese here now. K

fowlweather
02-07-2011, 11:15 PM
actually? i need to get out more, f#cking high school. i wish i had my N and then i wouldnt have to drag my dads old ass out everytime :)

Pioneerman
02-07-2011, 11:18 PM
Your dads old a$$ is probably younger than most of the people here

Kevin So
02-08-2011, 12:49 AM
was talking to a lady who works at Reifel on Westham Island on saturday evening while scouting around for upcoming season. She said there are some right now but they are mainly flying there daily from Sumas to feed. She expect them to come to reifel and stick around there late feb, but its climate dependent, if it green up sooner, they will be there sooner. That's all I got from her.

was out at brunswick pt and there is got to be a few hundred mallards out there. They must have a copy of the Reg.:lol:

4ptbuck
02-08-2011, 09:10 AM
normally they come back en mass just prior to the closing.
Super hard to hunt, at least for me. They are all rafted up in the inner marsh. They all seem to move together, rather in smaller groups, that a hunter has a chance to pull into decoys.

f350ps
02-08-2011, 09:19 AM
was talking to a lady who works at Reifel on Westham Island on saturday evening while scouting around for upcoming season. She said there are some right now but they are mainly flying there daily from Sumas to feed. She expect them to come to reifel and stick around there late feb, but its climate dependent, if it green up sooner, they will be there sooner. That's all I got from her.

was out at brunswick pt and there is got to be a few hundred mallards out there. They must have a copy of the Reg.:lol:
I highly doubt they're going back and forth from Sumas, the Skagit is probably what she meant. K

Gunner
02-08-2011, 09:28 AM
I highly doubt they're going back and forth from Sumas, the Skagit is probably what she meant. KIf Vari is still at the refuge,she wouldn't be saying Sumas!:) Gunner

Freshtracks
02-08-2011, 11:12 AM
To answer the post ... it's weather dependent. A warmer Feb/March will draw the birds up from the Skagit. Most activity is Westham to Sturgeon Banks ... though the latter has pretty much been regulated to non - huntability. BIG spreads ... on shore winds :eek: usually result in success when the birds are moving from resting to feeding areas. :wink:

Kevin So
02-09-2011, 07:16 PM
I highly doubt they're going back and forth from Sumas, the Skagit is probably what she meant. K

If Vari is still at the refuge,she wouldn't be saying Sumas!:) Gunner

Sorry Gents, That was my mistake not the lady at Reifel's mistake...I was posting late at night....I meant Skagit. :???: