PDA

View Full Version : My new sideXside

bearhunter338-06
02-07-2011, 09:03 AM
Bought it of a fellow member. I have a few modifications I plan on doing to it. lots of space for storage. I have a nice little trailer to tow behind also. I will be able to go places that I woldn't go in my truck. I am looking forward to spring, and get into some of the back country lakes. This is going to be a fun rig to play with.

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx197/Ruger338-06/DSCN0420.jpg

I would like to thank all the people that turned down this sweet rig......:mrgreen:

brock77
02-07-2011, 09:10 AM
hahahahha nice...i just whent back yesterday (on this site) to look at it....... keep posted on the work.......

Slime green cat
02-07-2011, 09:16 AM
Nice little rig.. been considering something like that myself.
I have a Yamaha Rhino that is a blast, but too cold for hunting season ...and kinda noisy too :neutral:
First thing you should do though is shed that fugly exo cage ... unessesary weight and it looks like it adds at least 6 or 7 inches of width... and those lower side mounts look like they will get you hung up on everything. kinda defeats the pupose of a small and nimble bush rig imo.

enjoy your new toy:mrgreen:

Chuck
02-07-2011, 09:55 AM
I have a Yamaha Rhino that is a blast, but too cold for hunting season ...and kinda noisy too :neutral:
First thing you should do though is shed that fugly exo cage ... unessesary weight and it looks like it adds at least 6 or 7 inches of width... and those lower side mounts look like they will get you hung up on everything. kinda defeats the pupose of a small and nimble bush rig imo.

And I was going to say...Wow - neat brush guard! Oh well.

bearhunter338-06
02-07-2011, 10:01 AM

That is an option I am thinking about, but want to see if it will hang up or cause problems before I do anything drastic lol. I like the storage space it gives for hauling equipment. I have a little 4'X4' trailer to tow behind it also. I have located a 2" lift kit also that I will install this spring/summer. The winch will be installed on a receiver to go from front to back where needed.

KB90
02-07-2011, 10:02 AM
First thing you should do though is shed that fugly exo cage ... unessesary

Don't listen to him!

It will give people lots of places to hook on when you get that extreme 4x4 stuck :mrgreen:

hellojello74
02-07-2011, 11:11 AM
Pirate4x4.com is all i have to say if you need any inspiration/help

Farmer001
02-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Had my eye on that rig also, glad to see it gone so the idea is no longer. But those rigs are awesome, plus you can insure and not worry about the feds. A winch, some chains and 5 gallons of gas and you'll be off.

SAKO 85
02-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Those rigs are awesome
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=22153&cat=500&ppuser=8250

Squamch
02-09-2011, 10:13 AM
Peel that godawful jungle gym off, weld your rear diff, put some rocker protection and bumpers on it, figure out a highlift mount, and go kickass. Also stay the hell away from BFG tires.

bearhunter338-06
02-12-2011, 09:16 PM
I did my first up grade today. I installed a new K&N air filter. Now we will see if it makes much of a diferance in the fuel consumption. I got 8.55 litters per 100 km. using mid grad gas.

Ruger4
02-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Very cool Burke , keep the progress pics coming !!

pnbrock
02-12-2011, 09:19 PM
I Am Willing To Test Your Fancy Rollbar,safety First Now Give Me Your Keys.

ElectricDyck
02-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Enjoy it! Had a lot of fun in my Tracker, it went a lot of places in just stock form!

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd75/ElectricDyck/trackersunrise235s.jpg

bearhunter338-06
02-19-2011, 11:07 PM
I have been asking a lot of different question, re-searching, for the Tracker, I have installed a K&N filter, new plugs and had the oil changed (even though the oil was clean).

I have been thinking of a 2" lift but not 100% sure yet.
Second set of tires (leaning to wards Toyo open Country AT)
New exhaust and header with 2" pipe.
Front and rear 2" receiver
3500 lbs - 4500 lbs winch that will mount on front or back or fixed to front bumper.

I have a boat rack that I will incorporate into the cage (maybe) and have it made to be removable. I like the idea of the extra storage it gives.

That's my thoughts so fare any other suggestions.

cmac
02-19-2011, 11:42 PM
My tracker is stock height with 235 75 15 tires, goes all sorts of places, wouldn`t bother with a lift, picked up a tow bar from princess auto and had a reciever added to the front for a winch. Makes a great hunting buggy. Check the gas tank cross members for rust, pretty common for them to be rotten, also peel up the carpet and look at the floor, another common spot for rust. The cage is fugly, but put a cargo basket on it and it pretty much doubles your storage. Your mileage sounds about right, think it is actually a little better than mine. I hear putting an electric fan in place of the mechanical helps mileage and power out a bit as well, gonna be my next up grade.

bearhunter338-06
02-19-2011, 11:48 PM
The electric fan will add a little more horse power, not sure how much it will add.

Forgot to mention I will be installing a deep cycle battery and higher out put alternator for the winch and off-road light.

Sunzuki
02-22-2011, 12:15 AM
Don't forget about the timing belt. Every 100,000 k's.
Set the valves while you're in there. If you find an oil leak at
the back of the engine, there are a couple of O-rings on the distributor
angle adaptor. They get tooth pick hard and start to leak. Not a major
fix................BUT order them in. You will not find this size in an o-ring kit.
If you use too big an o-ring, that angle adaptor will crack. Try and find one.
This adaptor also sets the cam shaft end play. O-rings are less than five bucks. Check the fuel filter also. If they plug, you may be buying a fuel pump. They are fun in the bush. I put a Calmini 3" lift in mine, steering shock kit, Calmini header and cat back exhaust. Installed a power steering kit as well. Custom bumpers and a front winch. I started making up another portable receiver winch. Almost done. Next is the mini spool rear locker and a boat rack is in the makings. P.M. if you wish to know anything about my mods. I used to own a 42 Willy's. Fun but Zuki is less stressful to puddle jump.
Cheers, Zuki.