PDA

View Full Version : IKAM Vid Glasses at night

Rock Doctor
02-05-2011, 12:50 PM
Tried these glasses at night. They worked out about as well as I expected. Not good in low light, but if you light a big enough candle, they do OK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CArxX9zmbk8

RD

highcountry88
02-22-2011, 07:41 PM
Thanks Rock Doctor...i was thinking about buying a set of these for vids of my hunting trips with the kids.....them seem sorta bozo proof and dont cost a bunch... i guess the next step up would be one of those bullet cams.....what do you use for most of your videos we see on hbc?......I always appreciate your videos.

ruger#1
02-22-2011, 07:53 PM
They work a lot better then my epic cam. Thanks RD, I might buy a pair of those glasses this fall.

whitetailsheds
03-05-2011, 03:01 PM
"I haven't lit my smoke yet?"........classic.....lol.......

Rock Doctor
03-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Thanks Rock Doctor...i was thinking about buying a set of these for vids of my hunting trips with the kids.....them seem sorta bozo proof and dont cost a bunch... i guess the next step up would be one of those bullet cams.....what do you use for most of your videos we see on hbc?......I always appreciate your videos.

Sorry, I missed this.

Most of the newer vids are shot with a VIO POV1. Claimed to be the "Holy Grail" of headcams. It's very nice, and works well, easy to use. It has one VERY COOL feature, it can be set to "remember" a set time frame. So, if I want to set it to 3 min, it will keep a running memory, and dump footage that I don't tell it to remember. I can leave it recording, and if something interesting happens, I tell it to tag that clip. If the interesting thing happens in the first minute of the recording, it will save the 3 min before and that 3 min. If the interesting thing happens in the last min of the clip, it will remember that 3 min and the next 3 min, ect.

Glad you enjoy the vids:-D

RD

Rock Doctor
03-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Those of you thinking about getting a set of these glasses, BE CAREFULL.
By that I mean, don't try to flex them open too much. When they are new, the arms are very tight. I had to heat the arms and mold them out to fit. If you just try to flex them out, they will break across the front, over one of the lenses.:evil:

RD